Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q & A ?
Sorry I haven't been online for at least 24 hours, I've been playing The Last of Us on PS4.  Big Grin Such a good game btw.  Heart
Anyways a lot of people have been asking me questions, so I thought hey why not do a Q & A, because those are fun right?

Anyway...You can ask just about anything I guess, but if you don't know what to ask then I'll leave some suggestions:

Questions relating to Australia (I get asked so many of these)
uh...questions about anime or video games..
Questions like, what's it like to be a 17 year old girl with no life on the internet?

Idk ask what you like, I'll try to answer every single question Wink but sorry if it takes me a while to answer.

Have a nice day/night.  Big Grin Heart
Yandere~Chan
Edgy Memes for Edgy Teens
[Image: tumblr_ob902nKxeA1upja5fo1_500.jpg]
(03-17-2017, 01:43 AM)Yandere_Chan Wrote: Sorry I haven't been online for at least 24 hours, I've been playing The Last of Us on PS4.  Big Grin Such a good game btw.  Heart
Anyways a lot of people have been asking me questions, so I thought hey why not do a Q & A, because those are fun right?

Anyway...You can ask just about anything I guess, but if you don't know what to ask then I'll leave some suggestions:

Questions like, what's it like to be a 17 year old girl with no life on the internet?

Idk ask what you like, I'll try to answer every single question Wink but sorry if it takes me a while to answer.

Hehehe... You picked a BAAAAADDDD choice for a post!

I could ask you so many questions, you would just close your laptop & go back outsiode!

~teeeeeeeeassssse!~

Let's see. I will think of a few, just to get you fearful. Wink
  • What is considered the best beach in Aussie, so that I know where to go when I visit?!
  • How many time zones are there in the land Down Unda?
  • If you could live in any other country in the world, other than Australia, where would it be? And why?
  • What is your favourite kangaroo joke?
  • On the east coast in Canada, Rottin' Ronnie's serves "Lobster burgers" because lobster is so readily available. Do they serve 'roo burgers somewhere there??
  • Koalas are endangered? Or am I messed up? If they are, is there people who plant more eucalyptus trees, so that they never run out of food?
  • If you had to pick one person that you think Aussie's most respect, who would it be, and why?
  • Are all the coastal waters fairly crystal blue seas, or do you have many muddy areas, where you can't see approaching dangers?

That only took a few minutes. ~grin~

Think of what I could do if I set my mind to it! Wink

Scared yet?!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Yandere_Chan
(03-17-2017, 10:28 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 01:43 AM)Yandere_Chan Wrote: Sorry I haven't been online for at least 24 hours, I've been playing The Last of Us on PS4.  Big Grin Such a good game btw.  Heart

Hehehe... You picked a BAAAAADDDD choice for a post!

I could ask you so many questions, you would just close your laptop & go back outsiode!

~teeeeeeeeassssse!~

Let's see. I will think of a few, just to get you fearful. Wink
  • What is considered the best beach in Aussie, so that I know where to go when I visit?!
  • How many time zones are there in the land Down Unda?
  • If you could live in any other country in the world, other than Australia, where would it be? And why?
  • What is your favourite kangaroo joke?
  • On the east coast in Canada, Rottin' Ronnie's serves "Lobster burgers" because lobster is so readily available. Do they serve 'roo burgers somewhere there??
  • Koalas are endangered? Or am I messed up? If they are, is there people who plant more eucalyptus trees, so that they never run out of food?
  • If you had to pick one person that you think Aussie's most respect, who would it be, and why?
  • Are all the coastal waters fairly crystal blue seas, or do you have many muddy areas, where you can't see approaching dangers?

That only took a few minutes. ~grin~

Think of what I could do if I set my mind to it! Wink

Scared yet?!

1.) I havent been to every single beach in Australia, but even with the few beaches I have been to It's still a hard decision because they are all super beautiful. Surfer's Paradise is probably the most well known beach I have been to, but I also like the beaches and bribie and Fraser Island.

2.) We have 3 standard time zones in Australia.
[Image: index.htm_txt_australia-time-zones.gif]
3.) I'd live in Japan, not just because i love anime and video games, but because I love their culture...and I really love cherry blossoms and weird food.  
4.) What do you call a lazy baby kangaroo? A pouch potato... 
5.) You can eat crocodiles and kangaroos ( I've never had them before ) but you can buy kangaroo meat at a supermarket. 
6.) As of 2014, koalas are not endangered however their suffering from lower populations because of habitat and predators. 
7.) Need I say more

[Image: home_steve_irwin.jpg]That's Steve Irwin for those that don't know him.
8.) Again I haven't been all over Australia but most coastal water I have seen is pretty clear, just stay away from areas with lots of mangroves and you'll be fine.

No I'm not scared yet this is basic Australian knowledge.  Big Grin 

Also sorry for taking a while to answer been out with friends today.
Yandere~Chan
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yandere_Chan's post:
  • Squirrel
Can you surf? (I do)
Also since you live in Australia have you seen a great white before? O_O
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ✨101✨ 's post:
  • Yandere_Chan
(03-17-2017, 04:09 PM)✨101✨ Wrote: Can you surf? (I do)

I don't live near the beach so I haven't had many chances to learn to surf. However I would like to.
I have seen quite a few great whites. One time when I was exploring some rock pools I came across a Dead baby great white  Undecided
But shark attacks rarely happen and only really do become a reality if ppl are being stupid or go to far out to sea.
Yandere~Chan
[-] The following 2 users Like Yandere_Chan's post:
  • Squirrel , ✨101✨
(03-17-2017, 04:16 PM)Yandere_Chan Wrote:

I don't live near the beach so I haven't had many chances to learn to surf. However I would like to.
I have seen quite a few great whites. One time when I was exploring some rock pools I came across a Dead baby great white  Undecided
But shark attacks rarely happen and only really do become a reality if ppl are being stupid or go to far out to sea.

I do junior lifeguards in the summers, and we have like 500 yard swims into the ocean, XD I swim as fast as I can so the sharks won't get me (secret to get first place in ocean races)

pretty cool how you have seen gw's before :0
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ✨101✨ 's post:
  • Yandere_Chan
(03-17-2017, 04:18 PM)✨101✨ Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 04:16 PM)Yandere_Chan Wrote:

I do junior lifeguards in the summers, and we have like 500 yard swims into the ocean, XD I swim as fast as I can so the sharks won't get me (secret to get first place in ocean races)

pretty cool how you have seen gw's before :0
I've seen great White's while riding on Jet skis, on a boat, found dead ones on shore (or their remains at least) and I've gone swimming near "tame" ones before. But i wouldn't worry about it, you mostly see dolphins in Australia, I've only seen 6-8 great whites in my lifetime so far.

and the great whites were not riding the jet skis, I was, just to clear that up...

XD

Also you must be in pretty good shape to be a life guard even if it's just a junior life guard
Yandere~Chan
  • Squirrel , ✨101✨
(03-17-2017, 04:26 PM)Yandere_Chan Wrote: Also you must be in pretty good shape to be a life guard even if it's just a junior life guard

Don't get him started! (lol) We'll be reading about him for hours!

But hey, congrats on doing so well with your questions so far!

Since you're not afraid, I'll have to concoct a bigger bunch of them.

But you're spared for now because I don't have enough time. ~grin~

(You haven't caught on how much I talk yet, I don't think. The sensible thing to have done, was to have become scared... lol.)

But seriously, Australia is one of the very few countries that I would like to visit some day. So I'm glad to have someone to get some answers/opinions from, and thanks for the 8 puny questions, so far!

(Hey, where's everyone else?! Just one other??)
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Yandere_Chan
@Yandere_Chan
Do you learn at school anything about your highest mountain and why is it named as it is?
(I am from Poland, hence the question).
Funny Agar.io stories and quizzes:
[Image: kGerjtN.png]
Find more on: Youtube · Twitter
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lucyfer's post:
  • Yandere_Chan
(03-17-2017, 08:36 PM)Lucyfer Wrote: @Yandere_Chan
Do you learn at school anything about your highest mountain and why is it named as it is?

No we don't really learn about that kind of stuff at school, it's kinda just general knowledge. I think the highest mountain in Australia is Mount Kosciuszko.
However we do learn about places/things such as Uluru(or Ayers Rock). I'll put a picture of it below. Big Grin

[Image: home-1.jpg]
It's basically just a massive rock in the middle of Australia.
Yandere~Chan
  • Lucyfer, Squirrel
@Yandere_Chan
I asked because this mountain is named in memory of Polish general Tadeusz Kościuszko by explorer who was the first to found it. So this can be easily called the highest Polish accent in Australia Wink
And the very proper name should actually be Mount Kościuszko, but since you don't use diacritic symbols, "ś" changed to "s".

End of lecture Big Grin

Do you watch Eurovision, and if yes, who is your favourite this year?
Funny Agar.io stories and quizzes:
[Image: kGerjtN.png]
Find more on: Youtube · Twitter
[-] The following 2 users Like Lucyfer's post:
  • Squirrel , Yandere_Chan
(03-18-2017, 08:48 AM)Lucyfer Wrote: @Yandere_Chan
I asked because this mountain is named in memory of Polish general Tadeusz Kościuszko by explorer who was the first to found it. So this can be easily called the highest Polish accent in Australia Wink
And the very proper name should actually be Mount Kościuszko, but since you don't use diacritic symbols, "ś" changed to "s".

End of lecture Big Grin

Do you watch Eurovision, and if yes, who is your favourite this year?

Occasionally I'll watch Eurovision.

and obviously representing Australia  Wink - Isaiah
I don't mind Kasia Mos - Poland
I hate Slavko Kalezic - Montenegro
I don't mind Sunstroke Project(Moldova) either.

No one at Eurovision play music that im super into  Undecided so I can't really pick favourites.
I feel like all the artists are missing something in their songs...but that's probably just me.
Yandere~Chan
(03-18-2017, 01:59 AM)Yandere_Chan Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 08:36 PM)Lucyfer Wrote: @Yandere_Chan

No we don't really learn about that kind of stuff at school, it's kinda just general knowledge. I think the highest mountain in Australia is Mount Kosciuszko.
However we do learn about places/things such as Uluru(or Ayers Rock). I'll put a picture of it below. Big Grin

[Image: home-1.jpg]
It's basically just a massive rock in the middle of Australia.

That rock does look pretty interesting! I can imagine that all sorts of theories on how it came to be there have been posited... from "freak seismological event", to "aliens dropped it there". (lol) Out of curiosity, what did they tell you about it?

(Do highschool teachers still regularly lie about things? I recall being so disappointed in either Gr 9 or 10, learning some formula, committing it to memory... only to find out later that was just a rough approximation of the real formula; that scientists had discovered that other factors were involved, since the teaching of that formula first came about. I do, sometimes, have a hard time taking a human being's word for anything at all. Especially in this time when it seems there's a whole industry around "fake news", or "political spin", however you want to consider it.)
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Relax , Yandere_Chan
@Squirrel
Uluru is a very sacred place for the aboriginal Australians.  Big Grin
The Aboriginal inhabitants of Australia, the Anangu, believe the Central Australian landscape was created at the beginning of time by ancestral beings. According to Aboriginal myth, the world was unformed and featureless until ancestral beings emerged from the void and journeyed across the land, creating all living species and the features of the desert landscape. Uluru is regarded as spectacular physical evidence of the ancestors' activities during the creation period.
Uluru is still used today for rituals by several aboriginal tribes.

Teachers don't really lie about stuff, they will tell you straight up if something is a theory or not.
Yandere~Chan
[-] The following 3 users Like Yandere_Chan's post:
  • Lucyfer, Squirrel , ℱIRE
(03-19-2017, 06:22 AM)Yandere_Chan Wrote: @Squirrel
Uluru is a very sacred place for the aboriginal Australians.  Big Grin
The Aboriginal inhabitants of Australia, the Anangu, believe the Central Australian landscape was created at the beginning of time by ancestral beings. According to Aboriginal myth, the world was unformed and featureless until ancestral beings emerged from the void and journeyed across the land, creating all living species and the features of the desert landscape. Uluru is regarded as spectacular physical evidence of the ancestors' activities during the creation period.
Uluru is still used today for rituals by several aboriginal tribes.

Teachers don't really lie about stuff, they will tell you straight up if something is a theory or not.

I am not at ALLsurprised that such a single rock might have struck those indigenous to the area as the 'work of God', it's so noticeably out of place, how could one not?

But I'm also intrigued... what does the scientific community say about the rock? There doesn't seem to be any cratering around it, which seeme to rule out it being whats left of some space rock after having burned it's way through the atmosphere.

It's a plain picture, as well, and I didn't notice anything/landmarks that would give me an idea of how large this rock is, either. Obviously large, but I would guess not so substantial as measured in kilometers?

Also, it is of such a striking colour, that I'm sure that geologists have spent some time loking at it's composition, and looking very carefully at all the surrounding terrain for examples of the same kind of rock? (I should probably just take it's title, go to Wikipedia, and read... lol. But what would be the fun in that??)

Keep answering, our minds are thirsty! Wink
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Lucyfer, Yandere_Chan