Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
Confessions
(10-10-2016, 02:21 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(10-09-2016, 08:49 PM)ℱIRE Wrote: After reading the couple posts above, I thought this would be a fitting 'confession':

I don't drink

Lol

I hope that most of the people here don't drink -- considering the apparent low value of the age of the 'average user'. (lol)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're still pretty young, right? 15-16, I'm thinking?

In America, the legal age is 21. (Although I'd be surprised if more than 15% of young Americans get to 21 without alcohol ever having passed their lips.) And here in Canada, it's 19.

But I know that in Europe, things are very different, and countries there typically trust the parents more, to make the right calls with respect to the young drinking.

I know that I had a friend, at age 13, where every day dinner was served with a small amount of brandy. I thought I had swallowed fire. (lol!)

I believe the legal age here is 18 but I'm not 100% sure.
But it's really easy to get some alcohol, below this age. I know someone, who has an older sister who buys and stores alcohol for him.
"Do you want to fly with a dragon?"

"No, I want to be a dragon flying"
Once I asked my teacher if she would marry me HazRSavage
[-] The following 2 users Like Exursa 's post:
  • Relax , Squirrel
I confess that going to the gym can be a little disheartening when you see the amount of calories you burn for the effort you put forth. It'd be like...oh wow, I'm really sweating, let's see how many calories that was...40!!! WHAT ONLY 40! I used to grab a handful of tootsie rolls and sit in the message chair when I was done...then I found out they were about 11 calories a piece...insert shock face here. Do you have any idea how long I would have to work out for that handful of tootsie rolls....

Somewhere there's a rainbow I plan to fly over  Big Grin  

[-] The following 1 user Likes DTricksplit's post:
  • Squirrel
(10-11-2016, 11:25 PM)DTricksplit Wrote: I confess that going to the gym can be a little disheartening when you see the amount of calories you burn for the effort you put forth.  It'd be like...oh wow, I'm really sweating, let's see how many calories that was...40!!! WHAT ONLY 40!  I used to grab a handful of tootsie rolls and sit in the message chair when I was done...then I found out they were about 11 calories a piece...insert shock face here.  Do you have any idea how long I would have to work out for that handful of tootsie rolls....

(A secondary confession of mine... I'd left my first 'reply' to this message open in a window... and later, my machine shut itself down to install a Windows Update (~growl, scowl~)... so I lost my post. But whats below will be more or the less the same. -- And I've fixed my workstation's wagon -- it will never install w/o asking me if it's okay, again. And if it does, then I know I have a co-worker to slag... lol.)

~ahem~

Yeah, exercise does burn calories... but not so many, that just simply "working out" is going to significantly help you lose weight.  As a guy who has (once upon a long ago) lost a bunch of weight, I can say that it was 95% willpower -- saying "no" when you wanted to eat fatty stuff, or sugary stuff, or saying "no" when you just didn't need to eat or drink.

Also, gals have it a lot tougher than guys. A guy's metabolism is often more active than a gals, and that helps you burn off unwanted calories.

For gals, your metabolism operates in a narrower "common range", which means it's harder to lose weight right from the get-go... and then, once you've lost some, often your metabolism changes a bit again, so that the body makes more efficient use of energy. Which means, if you gain some back, the next time you try to lose weight, it'll be even harder.

Hmm... another confession. Uh oh. :grimacing:

At work, I used to work with a partner where, occasionally we would prank each other. If I worked the day, then he worked the night shift, and vice-versa. So one day, it's close to shift change... it's dark outside... there's no cars in front of our facility (because I don't drive), and I happen to be in the bathroom, when I hear the front door open.

Because I'm strange, and often walk down dark hallways, I was ready to go -- just had to turn off the bathroom light, sneak into the hall, and maybe 6' further down the hall, it bends for the kitchen. I used a couple metal things in there to make a huge loud noise... then, quickly dart back into the bathroom, door ajar, light off.

Sho 'nuff, he comes past the bathroom, and as he sticks his head into the kitchen area, I slap the wall behind him as hard as I could. He really did jump into the air... lol.

Then it was time to run (and laugh) again.

(I so eeeeeevillll!!)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
i like to spray entire cans of whipped cream on my dog
(10-13-2016, 04:59 PM)Grimace Wrote: i like to spray entire cans of whipped cream on my dog

lol! I'll bet the ants come running, for that!

Or does he have a doghouse, and is not permitted entry to the house? ~grin~
Fight the Good Fight
(10-13-2016, 04:59 PM)Grimace Wrote: i like to spray entire cans of whipped cream on my dog

seriously? lol well your dog is probably happy.  Wink

(10-12-2016, 10:20 PM)Relax Wrote: When I was around 7 I was deathly afraid of flies. Nothing compared to my brother, who used to run all the way home from school if any of them went near his ear (he was afraid they'd try to enter).

Also, I once got a note home from the prinicple and subsequently through it in the garbage. They never even asked for it back!

Edit: Dunno, maybe I recycled it. Angel

Flies are gross! Every thing about them is gross.
Bullies have personal issues.
(10-13-2016, 10:57 PM)Relax Wrote: Another one. I have a ton of migraines and headaches. Not sure why, I used to think it was because of my bad eyesight but my glasses haven't fixed anything. Have had 'em 3 days in a row now  Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Sorry to hear that yuou have migraines...

From people I know who've had them, it seems they are quite bad. They make you want to lie down and do nothing... and even while you're lying down, the oain is always there. Sad

Hope that you have a secret way of dealing with them that works for you!

May you wake up with 'em gone!

~confesses that he's never had a migraine,. or even a serious headache~
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • DTricksplit, Relax
I got my flu shot today + some other shot, anyways I know i'm 16 and shouldn't be whining about 2 shots (one in each arm btw lol), but right after the doctors appointment, I had to go to swim practice (2 hours), now my arms are super sore and hurt every time I move them up and down :/
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
(07-19-2016, 11:57 AM)Mikasa Wrote: I'm not able to ride a bike, yes. I've never learned it and I will never do it.

I'm super sorry, Bikes are the schiz......I love riding......my oldest daughter hates it, but it's one of my fav things to do...
I was a swimmer 101...prob the best way to not be sore is to swim past it lol...ugh...2000m warm ups suck...
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like run SPOT run 's post:
  • Mikasa, ✨101✨
(07-19-2016, 11:57 AM)Mikasa Wrote: I'm not able to ride a bike, yes. I've never learned it and I will never do it.

I can't ride a bike either. My balance is too poor, I'll just fall off.

(Uh oh, my humanity is showing again. Because a squirrel with no sense of balance is quite simply... a dead squirrel.)
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Mikasa
I can't whistle :/
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ✨101✨ 's post:
  • ℱIRE
When I was roughly four years old, at my great grandfathers funeral, I used matches to light my bed on fire (I swear this is a true story).
Then I came out of the bedroom to my mum and said "Happy Birthday, mummy, happy birthday", looking at her like Angel (I had no clue that I had done anything wrong). I had never been to a funeral before, only birthdays; and the only other time I had seen fire was when people were lighting candles at my birthday parties, so I called it "Happy Birthday", not fire. She suddenly realised that I wanted to show her something and raced into the bedroom, in time to see all the linens go up in flames.
H I ,   I ' M   E D E N .
Aussie Boi. Music addict. Hopeless artistic.
[-] The following 2 users Like Eden's post:
  • DTricksplit, ™ Chronic
(11-17-2016, 02:06 AM)d-_-b Wrote: When I was roughly four years old, at my great grandfathers funeral, I used matches to light my bed on fire (I swear this is a true story).
Then I came out of the bedroom to my mum and said "Happy Birthday, mummy, happy birthday", looking at her like Angel (I had no clue that I had done anything wrong). I had never been to a funeral before, only birthdays; and the only other time I had seen fire was when people were lighting candles at my birthday parties, so I called it "Happy Birthday", not fire. She suddenly realised that I wanted to show her something and raced into the bedroom, in time to see all the linens go up in flames.
Wow, it's amazing how childrens minds work, I can see how this could happen.  I hope the fire was quickly contained  Shy .

Somewhere there's a rainbow I plan to fly over  Big Grin  

[-] The following 1 user Likes DTricksplit's post:
  • Squirrel
I took shots of moonshine on my 21st birthday and wet the bed...

My friend was laying in it too lol... I thought she would stop being my friend after that but she stuck around. Big Grin