Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lag?
This is a basic "atari" type game. Why is it so laggy when it used to run so smoothly?

(11-01-2016, 05:44 PM)KimberlyRolling Wrote: This is a basic "atari" type game. Why is it so laggy when it used to run so smoothly?

Alas, it's mostly bots that are to blame. The servers are having resources being used by on the demands of those who just can't play as well, and are either willing to pay for a bot, or obtained one some other way.

But you could try private servers ionstead. O haven't heard anyone complain of bots in AGF lately?
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(11-01-2016, 05:58 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(11-01-2016, 05:44 PM)KimberlyRolling Wrote: This is a basic "atari" type game. Why is it so laggy when it used to run so smoothly?

Alas, it's mostly bots that are to blame. The servers are having resources being used by on the demands of those who just can't play as well, and are either willing to pay for a bot, or obtained one some other way.

But you could try private servers ionstead. O haven't heard anyone complain of bots in AGF lately?

On agario, there weren't any bots, but then lag started to come up and before you know it, people started to use bots again. As long as people keep using bots, bot-suppliers keep trying to find ways to get past Miniclip's security. It's just annoying.
Have A Nice Day! d(・ω・)b

How do I find private servers and why would anyone used bots. That is as dumb as eating your own sh@t.

AGF is an other agario server where you can play, see above  Exclamation

I played a few hours, but for me AGF is to far away from agar.io, means around 5 - 7 times faster
(one shot for virus, coming again together with your cells, spliting).

That means also that the leaderboard changes same time faster, and yourself livetime also.

Would it be only 2 -3 times faster, I think (my opinion) it would be the perfect agario  Exclamation

Right now at the original agar.io you click play (FFA) and it says "Connecting ..." immediatly all the time ... never had that before, do someone know why ?

Confused
[Image: 0RSYTXe.jpg]

Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else Exclamation
(11-01-2016, 07:28 PM)Supergirl Wrote: AGF is an other agario server where you can play, see above  Exclamation

I played a few hours, but for me AGF is to far away from agar.io, means around 5 - 7 times faster
(one shot for virus, coming again together with your cells, spliting).

That means also that the leaderboard changes same time faster, and yourself livetime also.

Would it be only 2 -3 times faster, I think (my opinion) it would be the perfect agario  Exclamation

Right now at the original agar.io you click play (FFA) and it says "Connecting ..." immediatly all the time ... never had that before, do someone know why ?

Confused

When Miniclip changes the way connections are done, I think that it's always due to bots, and their attempts to thwart the bots from operating.

Strange though, I've been seeing the "Connecting..." string for quite some time now.

@KimberlyRolling also mentioned popups, which shouldn't be there, which always immediately makes me suspect malware having made it onto the machine. And definitely, malware can slow down everything on your computer, because it's malicious.

I am still seeing lag in the public game... more so during the day, than the wee hours of the morning, which makes sense, because there are fewer players during the late night/early morning hours.

(11-01-2016, 06:53 PM)KimberlyRolling Wrote: How do I find private servers and why would anyone used bots. That is as dumb as eating your own sh@t.

Well, I don't think it's fair to mention any here, other than Sora's, which I think he'd like us all to use... which is 'AGF' and has a button to get to from the top of every window when in the Forums.

Who can say why people use bots? But some people do not like to play, unless they can get ahead, and are willing to spend money to try to 'get ahead'.

I agree, that it is dumb, because most of the time, you won't be the one benefitting the most from your own bots. Most of the little things get eaten by others.

Which is why, as far as I can figure, we should just keep spreading the word that bots cause lag, and convince people not to use them.

Beyond that, we can only hope that the authors can find ways to spot the bots, and prevent them from running.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
Thanks for the input. This is the popup (i hope i attached it properly) I was referring to which only happens during an intense moment if I turn to go left on my screen. lol!

Also it appears that the north american servers are the only ine having the lag issue. 

I will try the link to the private server. The links I tried that was posted innother thread really sucked. The look and game play was so different it was disturbing. Some didnt have team options. I didn't have my usual skin. If I am going to play agario then I want it to look and feel like agario.

Ok. Yeah. Those private servers are too different.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

@KimberlyRolling  to attach an uploaded image you either need to type and paste like : [img]paste your image address here[/img] (like that)
or click the "New Reply" box and use the picture insertion tool:
[Image: ae5e8b2d9c874b0693b530104c3cc88a.png]

[Image: 032a4fe2710b4df49b1824ab68ec5cdd.png]
You must upload the image first, or have it hosted online somewhere...you need an "image address" to post any images here as the site isn't set up to be it's own image host....the only time this isn't true is for your avatar.

P.S. when I tried to replicate your problem, I was playing NA FFA and couldnt replicate the issue even after being on the leaderboard for several minutes several times, going as high as second place (it's been awhile lol)...But I gotta tell you, I had the weirdest lag...it was like a constant tiny stutter lag...never played with lag like it, but that persisted through games on a win10 machine using chrome, the same machine using firefox, a linux mint (SARAH 64) machine using chrome, chromium and firefox again. Tried and tested...and I don't remember seeing any bots... must be some flaw with the updates...there was a similar update flaw back in January that sent all kinds of folks looking for other versions of the game. There are lists of private servers on the threads here, but if you want to find a specific style of game play, feel free to ask or pm me, I play a lot of them at least a few times.
[Image: giphy.gif]