Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clans and Organizations
Idea So....when will we see someone create an actual Clan registration (presumably for a small fee), that would offer a platform for clans to compete on private servers and to keep track of Clan rankings? This idea seems to not get thrown around enough, even though I'd assume it would make tons of money, and provide an honest place for clans to compete in various styles of gameplay in an organised fashion. I for one would shell out a buck or two And actually join a clan for this sort of competition (heck I might even work on my teaming and splitrunning techniques for that  Wink ). Would this be something that you'd be interested in? Would this ruin the game or make it better? Post away and let us know what YOU think! thanx
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like run SPOT run 's post:
  • Robin , Squirrel , Voakie , ™ Chronic
meh i disagree some peeps may not have money to spare but still not a bad idea!!
[img][Image: deadpool4_zps4565c4ee.gif][/img]
PRO FIGHT MMA

AGF LEVELS CLICK IT:
http://agarioforums.net/showthread.php?tid=3262
[-] The following 1 user Likes SkyDoge's post:
  • ✨101✨
btw this is already happening all over. when I posted this we could have been first, but the moments passed. It WAS a good idea, but now it's too late lol...oh well!
darn couldve made a buck. lol
If they did this agf would lose members Tongue
not everyone has money that they want to pay.
PRO FIGHT MMA

AGF LEVELS CLICK IT:
  • ✨101✨
(05-17-2016, 04:02 AM)SkyDoge Wrote: If they did this agf would lose members Tongue

like I said...too late. that ship has sailed.
aaaannnndddd....to beat a dead horse...how could it possibly negatively affect membership? you would be offering (as a bonus, above and beyond what everyone else already gets for free) clan hosting, rankings, organised tournaments, private member clan only servers....you know, whats already starting to happen. It doesnt adversely affect any non paying members, it's just a paid platform to support the extra environment and features/upkeep for clans that are willing to pay a couple bucks...like I said, it's been happening elsewhere, and it works fine by all accounts. and as far as "not everyone has money that they want to pay." your right! but there are always people that do want to pay as has been recently evidenced by people offering to donate... it's not an idea for "pay to play", its pay to have our clan rankings and tournaments officially recognized somewhere (which still is a lil up in the air, but there are platforms trying to do just that). and lets be honest here...no one cant afford a dollar, they choose to not afford it, and the additional servers for "paying" customers could potentially create additional advertising revenue...basically not change AGF, just add to it.
(05-17-2016, 04:20 AM)run SPOT run Wrote:
(05-17-2016, 04:02 AM)SkyDoge Wrote: If they did this agf would lose members Tongue

like I said...too late. that ship has sailed.
aaaannnndddd....to beat a dead horse...how could it possibly negatively affect membership? you would be offering (as a bonus, above and beyond what everyone else already gets for free) clan hosting, rankings, organised tournaments, private member clan only servers....you know, whats already starting to happen. It doesnt adversely affect any non paying members, it's just a paid platform to support the extra environment and features/upkeep for clans that are willing to pay a couple bucks...like I said, it's been happening elsewhere, and it works fine by all accounts. and as far as "not everyone has money that they want to pay." your right! but there are always people that do want to pay as has been recently evidenced by people offering to donate... it's not an idea for "pay to play", its pay to have our clan rankings and tournaments officially recognized somewhere (which still is a lil up in the air, but there are platforms trying to do just that). and lets be honest here...no one cant afford a dollar, they choose to not afford it, and the additional servers for "paying" customers could potentially create additional advertising revenue...basically not change AGF, just add to it.

uhuh im totally getting you here Big Grin
PRO FIGHT MMA

AGF LEVELS CLICK IT:
really what I had in mind was a basic clan registration fee, for a couple servers to play on, rankings, tournaments and inter clan connectivity. for an added fee clans could rent "tournament settings" servers that would play the same as the hosted tournament servers, for practice or testing, or even for public play (invite your non clan friends to play!). each server would have basic settings for max split, speed, virus count, powerup options, and recombine speed. that way various styles could be practiced and played with agreed upon settings for wars (all war clans can practice on the same settings). for that matter you could have 3 general servers with 3 types of game play, and offer all 3 on the rental servers as well that the renters can control the settings...but I digress, I believe people would pay for a platform that offered consistency, rankings, and public chat space....it's someones business model, or it will be soon!

there are so many possibilities for this game...as we've seen on the AGF server, extra rooms can be added...why not a board with 4 rooms with a "flag" in each room, where all players from a team spawn, and the first team to capture a set amount of flags wins, or brings the flag in the middle back to the home warp?... or a sumo version, where if you leave the border you die, like a big game of agario chicken (bummer to get popped off the edge losing little blobs as you get pounded by viruses)...if there was a paid platform, ideas like these could be developed...just sayin creative clan tournaments could be fun too.
(01-14-2016, 04:56 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: Idea So....when will we see someone create an actual Clan registration (presumably for a small fee), that would offer a platform for clans to compete on private servers and to keep track of Clan rankings?

I think this is a reasonable idea. Some people who are hooked on this game, I could definitely see going there.

But some of us (like me), wouldn't feel any need to join a clan, never mind run one, or try to get that clan recognized by other decent teams and players. To me, agar.io is a free time-waster that is quite fun, and allows for playing with someone. I can't see me spending any money on it, but that's because neither my scores matter to me, nor do I have anyone I play with day in and day out.

Also, just because someone has done this idea, doesn't mean they did a good job of it, and doesn't mean that no-one else can do it. But make a significant amount of money? That, I think, would be a pipe-dream.

I find that people just aren't that iunclined to spend money on a free game.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(05-17-2016, 09:07 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(01-14-2016, 04:56 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: Idea So....when will we see someone create an actual Clan registration (presumably for a small fee), that would offer a platform for clans to compete on private servers and to keep track of Clan rankings?

I think this is a reasonable idea. Some people who are hooked on this game, I could definitely see going there.

But some of us (like me), wouldn't feel any need to join a clan, never mind run one, or try to get that clan recognized by other decent teams and players. To me, agar.io is a free time-waster that is quite fun, and allows for playing with someone. I can't see me spending any money on it, but that's because neither my scores matter to me, nor do I have anyone I play with day in and day out.

Also, just because someone has done this idea, doesn't mean they did a good job of it, and doesn't mean that no-one else can do it. But make a significant amount of money? That, I think, would be a pipe-dream.

I find that people just aren't that iunclined to spend money on a free game.

I wouldn't spend money on it either and I think some would still make a clan without paying the fee.
PRO FIGHT MMA

AGF LEVELS CLICK IT:
  • Squirrel
(05-17-2016, 11:29 PM)SkyDoge Wrote: I wouldn't spend money on it either and I think some would still make a clan without paying the fee.

Sure! All you have to do to 'make' a clan, is announce it, and find some way of absorbing clan-mates. It takes no money at all.

But based on the stories I've heard, it seems that many of the 'clans' that are announced are fairly lean, or dead before you get there. So for those who really want to play with a nice group/clan, the idea of "registering" clans would give you better information on the clans, before you pick one.

But if it's you and a few guys from work who want to play together... that group of guys is not likely to split up, and then you can get more members -- and you'll still have spent nothing at all.
Fight the Good Fight
(05-18-2016, 06:49 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(05-17-2016, 11:29 PM)SkyDoge Wrote: I wouldn't spend money on it either and I think some would still make a clan without paying the fee.

Sure! All you have to do to 'make' a clan, is announce it, and find some way of absorbing clan-mates. It takes no money at all.

But based on the stories I've heard, it seems that many of the 'clans' that are announced are fairly lean, or dead before you get there. So for those who really want to play with a nice group/clan, the idea of "registering" clans would give you better information on the clans, before you pick one.

But if it's you and a few guys from work who want to play together... that group of guys is not likely to split up, and then you can get more members -- and you'll still have spent nothing at all.

yes and ive created a successful clan with out registering, i think it works either way, thanks for the advice though.
(05-18-2016, 07:20 AM)SkyDoge Wrote: yes and ive created a successful clan with out registering, i think it works either way, thanks for the advice though.

Hey, good luck with your clan!

I for one, would be interested to hear how it goes, how the clan communicates, and so on. Just so I have a better understanding of how it works.
Fight the Good Fight
(05-18-2016, 07:31 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 07:20 AM)SkyDoge Wrote: yes and ive created a successful clan with out registering, i think it works either way, thanks for the advice though.

Hey, good luck with your clan!

I for one, would be interested to hear how it goes, how the clan communicates, and so on. Just so I have a better understanding of how it works.

its pretty popular on forums come check it out
PRO FIGHT MMA

AGF LEVELS CLICK IT:
As this thread takes on a direction of its own, I'll just reiterate. The point was to have a clan ranking system and a place for clans to practice and play on competition class servers (where game mechanix are the same creating a level playing field). The object was not to make money, but to have the servers pay for themselves, and to compensate someone for the upkeep and maintenance of the servers.This really was just meant as an idea for clans that wished to participate in a competitive, organized, fashion (similar to many freemium games i.e. clash of clans) where clan wars would be easy to schedule and rankings would be in place for "bragging rights". With the advent of places like Discord (and others) and the organizing of large scale clan wars (western agario tourny...and others), I know that it's easier than ever to get a clan up and running, and that clans want to participate in large scale competition (the main difference being that instead of occasional huge and hard to manage competitions, it would be whenever a clan wanted to war with another clan in it's competitive class), and this has all happened since the original thread post.