Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enable and disable ratings.
Should we have the ability to turn off ratings because of trolling and stuff? Or should mods be able to disable ratings if they need to? I know there's a report button, but I still didn't get my rating modified, @Sora?

[Image: enAWQVn.jpg]

Ratings? You talking about reputations? You just missed out on the great reputation race of 2016 (spring) when we had a crew from another forum and some ambitious forumers...there were a LOT of reps given in about the course of 2 weeks....kinda crazy, but it was funny.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • Squirrel
(10-21-2016, 12:25 AM)REACTION Wrote: Should we have the ability to turn off ratings because of trolling and stuff? Or should mods be able to disable ratings if they need to? I know there's a report button, but I still didn't get my rating modified, @Sora?

What 'ratings' are you talking about???  There's "reputation", as @run SPOT run said... but that makes no sense. Reputations can't really be abused, unless you sign up a bunch of fake accounts, and then use those accounts to boost someone's rep.

But even so, anyone looking at the 'Details' would instantly know it was bogus, and would likely suspect the account holder of having done it themselves, or having arranged it, and then they would have the worst actual reputation. Doing it, then doesn't make any sense. So I see no reason for enabling/disabling it.

Do you mean how each thread can have a star rating??! Again, I see no need, because very few people currently bother to rate a thread, and I doubt that anyone uses those ratings to decide whether or not to read a thread... so again, abuse of it wouldn't matter, as either way the result would be ignored and amount to nothing.

Users don't have a 'rating'. Did you mean the number of 'stars' that appear under their avatar for their posts?? Again, I see no way to really abuse that... although some could post a lot of very short messages, that is not wrong, and some of the 'fun games' actually call for that. Again, I see no benefit, and no reason to have any on/off ability.

You couldn't possibly mean the coloured names, since those are hand-picked by Sora, possibly based on users' recommendations. Only Sora could abuse it. And we'd only need a way to turn it off, if @Sora went crazy, and started playing with everyone's names/colours, trying to drive us mad! (lol) I think that could be kind of funny, actually

~stares into space for a moment~

You know,... I really could have said this message in one line:

WT'^%@#$' are you on about, Willis?!

But good try. Maybe after you explain what you mean by 'ratings' it will make more sense to me. :|
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
no one take ma reps!!
no! no! no! no!
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
(10-21-2016, 01:45 PM)✨101✨ Wrote: no one take ma reps!!
no! no! no!  no!

You know.....

I can't think of seeing anyone else with a higher reputation...

Nowwww, I know you're an 'Old Timer' hereabouts and all (Forums age, not actual age, lol), so maybe that's why.

But perhaps we need to notify the Reputation Commissioner, and have them conduct a full forensic reputation investigation... Let's see if you're worthy. :|

(Hmm, and maybe we'll find a few others up there with you! I know Mikasa's is quite up there, but forget the number now. And Sora. That guy might need investigating too.)

~cough!~
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Horizon, ✨101✨
(10-21-2016, 01:58 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(10-21-2016, 01:45 PM)✨101✨ Wrote: no one take ma reps!!
no! no! no!  no!

You know.....

I can't think of seeing anyone else with a higher reputation...

Nowwww, I know you're an 'Old Timer' hereabouts and all (Forums age, not actual age, lol), so maybe that's why.

But perhaps we need to notify the Reputation Commissioner, and have them conduct a full forensic reputation investigation... Let's see if you're worthy. :|

(Hmm, and maybe we'll find a few others up there with you! I know Mikasa's is quite up there, but forget the number now. And Sora. That guy might need investigating too.)

~cough!~

Shady stuff going on here... :o
~Hori