Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show colored username at top.
The thing is that at the top of the page, it says for example welcome REACTION. Shouldn't it show our color if we have one? I only found out that I had a blue name when I wrote in the shout box.

[Image: enAWQVn.jpg]

Hm, sounds like a cool idea. I like it actually.

(10-09-2016, 10:55 PM)REACTION Wrote: The thing is that at the top of the page, it says for example welcome REACTION. Shouldn't it show our color if we have one? I only found out that I had a blue name when I wrote in the shout box.

I see the reason for the colours, and do think it is a good idea to have but... I think that if we over-accentuate these colours -- make too much of them -- that we might get lots of decent people to come down too hard on themselves for "staying white" for too long.

Lots of us have... self-confidence issues. And I think if we put too much of that into play, some of those people might get down on themselves before really giving themselves a chance to contribute -- which would be bad for all of us.

(Actually, when I was offered a green name, I tried to talk them out of it. I was quite new, didn't really know anyone, and didn't want any special recognition. But then, also, I didn't understand that its something that the powers-that-be here (mostly @Sora, I think) do try to recognize quality posters, as a way of encouraging people. Which is good! But some people may have quality over fewer posts, and it might be easier to miss such people.)

In this case... maybe stressing a person's colour in yet another location isn't too necessary?

Every message you post, for example, shows your colour. So I would find it very strange that you wouldn't realize it had changed for long -- unless you're an infrequent poster, and don't use the shoutbox. (I only rarely use it, for example.)

And then on the other hand... it might get those marginal people who are recognized, but perhaps don't post as much, to realize that they are... so I'm not sure which way I'd swing on this -- yea or nay.

I just don't want too much to be made of a person's colour.

I fiorget who it is now, but I saw someone's sig that said he/she wanted to be a "white sparkly" name, which I thought was cool.

But again, if every user thinks that they need to strive for the green/blue names, I worry that some will become despondent about the Forums unjustly, and just disappear.

I'd like to see some effort made to recognize more "white" coloured people, perhaps through more awards? I don't know. But I think it might combat the whole "gimme green" and "gimme blue" shouts from the users that I often see here.

We should be here for fun, and not be so concerned what colour our name is.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Sora
(10-10-2016, 03:58 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(10-09-2016, 10:55 PM)REACTION Wrote: The thing is that at the top of the page, it says for example welcome REACTION. Shouldn't it show our color if we have one? I only found out that I had a blue name when I wrote in the shout box.

I see the reason for the colours, and do think it is a good idea to have but... I think that if we over-accentuate these colours -- make too much of them -- that we might get lots of decent people to come down too hard on themselves for "staying white" for too long.

Lots of us have... self-confidence issues. And I think if we put too much of that into play, some of those people might get down on themselves before really giving themselves a chance to contribute -- which would be bad for all of us.

(Actually, when I was offered a green name, I tried to talk them out of it. I was quite new, didn't really know anyone, and didn't want any special recognition. But then, also, I didn't understand that its something that the powers-that-be here (mostly @Sora, I think) do try to recognize quality posters, as a way of encouraging people. Which is good! But some people may have quality over fewer posts, and it might be easier to miss such people.)

In this case... maybe stressing a person's colour in yet another location isn't too necessary?

Every message you post, for example, shows your colour. So I would find it very strange that you wouldn't realize it had changed for long -- unless you're an infrequent poster, and don't use the shoutbox. (I only rarely use it, for example.)

And then on the other hand... it might get those marginal people who are recognized, but perhaps don't post as much, to realize that they are... so I'm not sure which way I'd swing on this -- yea or nay.

I just don't want too much to be made of a person's colour.

I fiorget who it is now, but I saw someone's sig that said he/she wanted to be a "white sparkly" name, which I thought was cool.

But again, if every user thinks that they need to strive for the green/blue names, I worry that some will become despondent about the Forums unjustly, and just disappear.

I'd like to see some effort made to recognize more "white" coloured people, perhaps through more awards? I don't know. But I think it might combat the whole "gimme green" and "gimme blue" shouts from the users that I often see here.

We should be here for fun, and not be so concerned what colour our name is.
Just a quick question...

When you first received the green name, did you have the 'cool' badge, the one with the 'V' in the middle?
Have A Nice Day! d(・ω・)b

(10-10-2016, 05:38 AM)CantREKTMe Wrote: Just a quick question...

When you first received the green name, did you have the 'cool' badge, the one with the 'V' in the middle?

I wouldn't have noticed. By "badge", do you mean something that is paired with the number of asterisks, plus what looks like a coat of arms, underneath the asterisks for each of your posts?

If so, I vaguely recall thinking, "Didn't I have 1 more star the other day?" But quite frankly, I don't care about that at all. So really, I can't say. Those types of changes, I figure would affect everyone of similar assignment simultaneously, as opposed to individually. So if that happened to someone else, maybe I wasn't mistaken that day.

But then... maybe I was. Thats the way I leaned -- and then I thought about it, realized I didn't care, and shrugged. "The Forums go on!"
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
YEP DUDE i agree.

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
Personally, I don't see why this is necessary. It's one teenie tiny difference that no one but you would see. If it matters that much to you, however, make a Tampermonkey Script that changes that element to a Sparkly Blue - problem solved Smile
(10-10-2016, 03:03 PM)Spectrumss Wrote: Personally, I don't see why this is necessary. It's one teenie tiny difference that no one but you would see. If it matters that much to you, however, make a Tampermonkey Script that changes that element to a Sparkly Blue - problem solved Smile

It's not a big problem. If it's not gonna happen, that means it is going to be kinda like a surprise for people, when they get the color. And squirrel I agree about what you said. Everyone is so excited about the colors!

[Image: enAWQVn.jpg]