Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mybb help
ok guys i need someone responsible and someone i know to help me make a mybb website forum. so far i have got my theme on teenfiction.tk but i need help with logo, background and other stuff.

is there anyone who is experienced with mybb or coding?

i hope you can help me @Sora but i know your busy with agf and stuff

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
I have no experience with setting up a logo or the background on a forum, but I got kinda a lot experience with MyBB.
            "Experience has taught me that wishful thinking 
                                 only leads to disappointment."

for logo and header:
Goto Admin CP >> Themes >> Your Theme >> Board Logo and enter the url of the image there
I'd be happy to help, just need the dimensions you have allowed, and a basic idea for what you want.
I've built several headers for other sites, but the only one I have available to show you on this machine is a punk rock band's bandcamp header. 
[Image: favela_rising_banner_2_4_by_runspotrun13-d9y4rbn.png]
It's a little rough, but that's what they wanted (overlay canvas effect, ghost image of a patch, desaturated images of favelas and a fire damaged brick wall with custom lettering).
There are some really informative vids on youtube that detail how to set up a mybb forum...after 45 mins of (selective) viewing, I think even I could do it lol.
for setting up themes and images, this guy is a little overkill, but really informative (theres prob better) 

[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • Breakfast
To fix all problems with MyBB, get Xenforo

You heard the man.
pay money to do what mybb has been doing for years? why? there are forums related to the forums lol....search, dont pay
(10-04-2016, 05:50 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: pay money to do what mybb has been doing for years? why? there are forums related to the forums lol....search, dont pay

nulled ones, easy

You heard the man.
(10-03-2016, 11:22 PM)run SPOT run Wrote: for logo and header:
Goto Admin CP >> Themes >> Your Theme >> Board Logo and enter the url of the image there
I'd be happy to help, just need the dimensions you have allowed, and a basic idea for what you want.
I've built several headers for other sites, but the only one I have available to show you on this machine is a punk rock band's bandcamp header. 
[Image: favela_rising_banner_2_4_by_runspotrun13-d9y4rbn.png]
It's a little rough, but that's what they wanted (overlay canvas effect, ghost image of a patch, desaturated images of favelas and a fire damaged brick wall with custom lettering).
There are some really informative vids on youtube that detail how to set up a mybb forum...after 45 mins of (selective) viewing, I think even I could do it lol.
for setting up themes and images, this guy is a little overkill, but really informative (theres prob better) 

thanks dude, i know how to do the logo and stuff but the only thing is the theme i have downloaded, the header is somewhere is the css and i cant find it. is there any better themes that you could recommend.

i need a sort of modern and colourful theme like the one on mythemes.org

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
I guess without knowing what your looking for, it's hard to make suggestions! (domain name mythemes.org appears to be for sale, and is not an actual site from what I can tell) This looks like a really easy theme to use though https://freevps.us/thread-19052.html this one is cool looking too https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=592
To change the color of any part of your mybb, first use a color picker tool such as https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...dhjedfccka or if your working offline, there are several free desktop tools that do the same thing.
Once you have the html code for the color you can do a search in your css files (just paste the color code in your search box). for example the blue in the thread header here is #3796db and the search will show you anything that is that color, and you can manually change it to any other color you want by just replacing the color code, save, then refresh ( like if you wanted this color for your header, you would replace the blue code with #cc66ff) . This should work with any "flat" theme that doesnt use transparency (might work for that too, don't honestly know). This trick will also help you find pesky "hidden" elements in your css, as long as they have a visible color. When your designing elements in PS, mark down the color codes of key items like your logo so you can use those colors elsewhere to color coordinate.
[Image: 41bfc0d3dd4c496388a7fbe0d04d310c.png]
Your also gonna find that inspect element is your friend (you prob already knew that though). Say for example this was my site, and I forgot where my header image was, I can inspect and see that it's "back.png" under "icy", inside the header div (which can help find stuff in css too. By searching for back.png I could find the image properties and change the image size, or from % to pixels in css).
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • Breakfast