Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoutbox: -Edit feature-
Hi guys,

I have had this idea for a while, just haven't had the time to send a pm to @Sora or make a thread about it.

Basically the idea is pretty simple, an 'edit' option in the shoutbox. So whenever a member sends a message, on the top right corner there can be an 'edit' button/command; if the user has made in error in communication or grammatical mistake, etc, they can 'edit' their message.

After a message has been edited, on the top left corner in small text, (edited) will be written to let others know the user edited his/her message. Moderators and @Sora will have the option to reveal the original message to themselves if they desire to do so.

What do you guys think?
(Feel free to give feedback or build onto this idea, thanks) Big Grin
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like ✨101✨ 's post:
  • run SPOT run , Squirrel , Voakie , ℱIRE
(10-02-2016, 06:46 PM)✨101✨ Wrote: Hi guys,

I have had this idea for a while, just haven't had the time to send a pm to @Sora or make a thread about it.

Basically the idea is pretty simple, an 'edit' option in the shoutbox. So whenever a member sends a message, on the top right corner there can be an 'edit' button/command; if the user has made in error in communication or grammatical mistake, etc, they can 'edit' their message.

After a message has been edited, on the top left corner in small text, (edited) will be written to let others know the user edited his/her message. Moderators and @Sora will have the option to reveal the original message to themselves if they desire to do so.

What do you guys think?

We just need people to not completely edit it. Like for example someone says Hi and the editor puts I don't like you or something. Maybe the ability can be given to experienced users.

[Image: enAWQVn.jpg]

(10-02-2016, 06:49 PM)REACTION Wrote:

What do you guys think?

We just need people to not completely edit it. Like for example someone says Hi and the editor puts I don't like you or something. Maybe the ability can be given to experienced users.

All users are certain to only change their own messages?? I don't think that anyone who isn't staff will get the ability to change everyone's messages.
"Do you want to fly with a dragon?"

"No, I want to be a dragon flying"
[-] The following 3 users Like ℱIRE 's post:
  • run SPOT run , Squirrel , ✨101✨

What do you guys think?

I think it's an excellent idea. If possible, implement it similar to the way Discord does that. And add the ability to delete messages.

I think that could, potentially, combat some of the disruptive/more combative conversations we sometimes see in shyoutbox.

Currently, once you've said something, there's no way to undo it -- and it's saved there in the archives for quite some time.

This would allow you to forgive someone, or take back something that you said to someone, finding out afterwards, that you took something the wrong way, and so on.

(10-02-2016, 08:24 PM)ℱIRE Wrote: All users are certain to only change their own messages?? I don't think that anyone who isn't staff will get the ability to change everyone's messages.

Not even Staff should be able to speak for someone else, and edit what they said.

Staff could be given the ability to delete messages, where they become abusive, or start to carry possible legal implications. Such an ability though, is one of the easiest to abuse, and must be carefully considered, before bestowing to anyone.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 3 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • run SPOT run , ℱIRE , ✨101✨
@Sora made this a thing now, so now you can edit and delete your shouts.
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ✨101✨ 's post:
  • Voakie
This is actually a really useful feature.
Have A Nice Day! d(・ω・)b

(11-03-2016, 05:48 PM)CantREKTMe Wrote: This is actually a really useful feature.

I'm pretty sure you read this, why don't you apply it Tongue

thanks Heart
[Image: Voakie.png]
yay nice feature

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!