Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frequent banning
Hello as the thread name says, there as apparently been a lot of banning for "no reason" lately and I hear complaints coming from every kind of player playing this game and they all say it was for no reason, which is most likely a lie, but I do know some people actually get banned for no reason and most times it is a biased mod.
To clarify with I mean with biased, you are more likely to ban an "enemy" of your friend or someone you personally disagrees, because feelings play apart in almost everything in our life even if we try to block it out, it is something we cannot affect.
Anyways what I want to say and ask in this thread is for Sora to add some function where the moderators can show actual evidence of what the person has done, write a reason and then Sora will be notified (or someone else who Sora can trust and that is not a moderator) to review if the ban was actually legit or not. I know scripts can also be a big reason why people get automatically banned (bot script etc) but I would actually like to know why and get to the bottom of why people actually get "banned for no reason" because I've seen it daily for the past days both in the Discord and ingame but I cannot do anything neither can they. I also heard people been banned for "no reason" even before I took 3-4 month break but I didn't think much of it then. Could it be auto-ban?
Before I offend anyone I did not make this post to target any moderators it is just an idea for Sora to add.
My discord is alexx#4007
[Image: unknown.png]

Rest in piece Fidget Spinner skin
[-] The following 6 users Like xRENDEx's post:
  • Cuos, fireboneee, fisa, Mikasa, QueenOfQueens, Redfox
In my opinion it’s not realistic that Sora checks and authorizes all manual bans.
Sora is way too busy, he needs to have less work, not more.
He already is a bottleneck, and that would be a time consuming task.
[-] The following 3 users Like Redfox's post:
  • Cuos, Mikasa, xRENDEx
(10-11-2021, 11:13 PM)Redfox Wrote: In my opinion it’s not realistic that Sora checks and authorizes all manual bans.

That is 100% correct, but if now Moderators actually ban people because they feel like it (Which I still don't really think happens) but if it is the case, then they would stop do it instantly as they would know their actions would maybe have a consequence now. Also just knowing why you got banned and have proof directly sent to you would save a lot of unnecessary time on replying to people asking why they got banned both for Sora and Moderators! Smile
My discord is alexx#4007
[Image: unknown.png]

Rest in piece Fidget Spinner skin
[-] The following 3 users Like xRENDEx's post:
  • Cuos, Mikasa, Redfox
(10-12-2021, 12:53 PM)xRENDEx Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 11:13 PM)Redfox Wrote: In my opinion it’s not realistic that Sora checks and authorizes all manual bans.

That is 100% correct, but if now Moderators actually ban people because they feel like it (Which I still don't really think happens) but if it is the case, then they would stop do it instantly as they would know their actions would maybe have a consequence now. Also just knowing why you got banned and have proof directly sent to you would save a lot of unnecessary time on replying to people asking why they got banned both for Sora and Moderators! Smile
Maybe something like a ban log could be made, where you can post a file of a ban case with screenshot evidence for it to be looked over should the person in said banning think they were banned for nothing. I am talking about a sort of archive of ban cases, where each case must have evidence and reasoning attached with it. This would keep less work off of Sora but at the same time would put more work on moderators, having to gather evidence for a ban to be "valid" or approved.

This is a flawed idea, but it makes a little more sense then loading up Sora. I know that mods are busy with real life, but it's not too hard to screenshot or take a chat shot. The only problem would be problems with teaming and being a dick, but this could be fixed by video clips of said things. But then we run into the problem of having massive amounts of storage from ban evidence videos since so many people are getting banned on a daily. If you have any ideas that may fix some of these potential issues then just say the word.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StonkMaster69's post:
  • Cuos
(10-12-2021, 03:30 PM)StonkMaster69 Wrote:

Maybe something like a ban log could be made, where you can post a file of a ban case with screenshot evidence for it to be looked over should the person in said banning think they were banned for nothing. I am talking about a sort of archive of ban cases, where each case must have evidence and reasoning attached with it. This would keep less work off of Sora but at the same time would put more work on moderators, having to gather evidence for a ban to be "valid" or approved.

This is a flawed idea, but it makes a little more sense then loading up Sora. I know that mods are busy with real life, but it's not too hard to screenshot or take a chat shot. The only problem would be problems with teaming and being a dick, but this could be fixed by video clips of said things. But then we run into the problem of having massive amounts of storage from ban evidence videos since so many people are getting banned on a daily. If you have any ideas that may fix some of these potential issues then just say the word.

Use Gyazo - it saves the Files on their site and everyone can access them with a link, minimal effort.
Otherwise just upload all files in a dedicated channel on the discord - wouldn’t be an issue either.
Also why do you bring up arguments against it when you invalidate them one sentence later lol?

(@firebone#9999)
[-] The following 2 users Like fireboneee's post:
  • Cuos, xRENDEx
(10-14-2021, 05:12 AM)fireboneee Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 03:30 PM)StonkMaster69 Wrote:

Use Gyazo - it saves the Files on their site and everyone can access them with a link, minimal effort.
Otherwise just upload all files in a dedicated channel on the discord - wouldn’t be an issue either.
Also why do you bring up arguments against it when you invalidate them one sentence later lol?
Uncertainty, almost all the time I'm wrong, whether it be ideas, thoughts, or decisions. Part of having low to none self confidence. Also, it's nice to find your own flaws rather than just accepting the fatc that you are right just because it is your idea or opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StonkMaster69's post:
  • Cuos