Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The coming Social Trauma of the 21st Century
I was looking at a message Sora posted about a user on 2021 (ordinarily he would delete spambots, but this one had posted a not altogether improbable or vapid message, yet using key elements of what we would expect to find in the postings of a younger (13-16) person), and thinking about the AI script package called "ChatGPT"...

And I am worried how this might drive a young person even further away from society, left feeling small and that they just don't fit in anywhere or in any way.

Imagine, if you will, the person that ends up thinking they only have one friend in the world, someone they found on-line in 2021... and then discovering suddenly (beyond a shred of doubt) that the person they thought they were talking to, was simply a new adaptation of AI script, perhaps one intended to befriend someone, and get them to give up personal details about themselves, perhaps for the purpose of committing identity theft later on.

For a person already finding it to be more challenging to make new friends, imagine how the thought that what they thought was their best friend, ended up just being a computer program, trying to glean enough information from them to be able to steal their identity; perhaps make a new credit card in their name that could be abused...

I can definitely see how, for someone who was already socially fragile, that might push them to the very edge, or over it!

And I wonder if any of those scripts are now so well thought-out, that it might already be happening!

Young people are too trusting on-line, in general! If you have 'been scammed', then hopefully you understand that, and are already taking steps for making your trust more difficult to obtain!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • nachochesse, SilverYT_official2