Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agma Leaks: Agma ping = FAKE!!!
Exclamation 
Agma Leaks: Agma ping = FAKE!!!

[Image: Ln2Konk.png]

- The ping is only updated every 10 seconds which makes it EXTEREMLY inaccurate  Exclamation
- and it's also not even the real ping but just a server-side estimation  Exclamation

Below there is a screenshot of the (refactored*) code, you can clearly see that it simply uses a value sent by the server.
Definition ping/round trip time := Time to send a message (packet) from the client (your pc) to the server + server processing time + time to send the response message from the server to the client (your pc)
So how can the server send the ping to the client?? Well it can't, Agma is simply estimating here, and either doing an estimation on the server (fakePing = 2 * realPing), or even worse, not even doing any estimation, so that what is displayed as the ping in reality is only half of the ping!!!  Dodgy

[Image: unknown.png]

* Refactored = The code of the Agma client is obfuscated ("encrypted", sort of), so this is an edited version of the code to make it readable
Would you not need to see how "dataView" is created and manipulated before this block of code?

I also agree with what the Russian said!!!!
(06-30-2021, 08:16 PM)AgmaFan Wrote: Would you not need to see how "dataView" is created and manipulated before this block of code?

Yes, of course! I skipped that part because that’s just default Client stuff. I am going to add that tomorrow. But essentially: data view is a helper object to read binary data. Packets are encoded binary when sent from the server to the client, instead of using text (for example with json), because this reduces the packet size a lot (roughly up to 90%). So the data view has methods to read bytes. Getuint16 reads an unsigned integer with 16 bits (2 bytes). So numbers between 0 and ~65000 can be stored. The method directly operates on the packet data, so there is no manipulation.
(06-30-2021, 11:10 PM)Redfox Wrote:
(06-30-2021, 08:16 PM)AgmaFan Wrote: Would you not need to see how "dataView" is created and manipulated before this block of code?

Yes, of course! I skipped that part because that’s just default Client stuff. I am going to add that tomorrow. But essentially: data view is a helper object to read binary data. Packets are encoded binary when sent from the server to the client, instead of using text (for example with json), because this reduces the packet size a lot (roughly up to 90%). So the data view has methods to read bytes. Getuint16 reads an unsigned integer with 16 bits (2 bytes). So numbers between 0 and ~65000 can be stored. The method directly operates on the packet data, so there is no manipulation.
Ok but DataView also has set methods so I was thinking it is possible to change it.

A timer on the client side which calculates the time between the sent and received packages seems sensible
[-] The following 1 user Likes AgmaFan's post:
  • Redfox