Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess the word (forum game)
Here's another game that we could all play on forums. One person starts by choosing a word, (English please) and then sharing three things that are associated with that word.

For example, the chosen word is leather. So some clues to try and guess the word could be things like: durable but flexible material, animal skin, hide. Which of course then makes it very obvious as to what it is, but you can make the description to your own liking to make it harder or easier.

I'll start off with mine: wide flat pasta, Italian dish, stacked.
Lasagna

Unusual piece in common strategic game, homophone, given accolades
(05-06-2021, 02:53 PM)Origen12 Wrote: Lasagna

Why did you have to make yours so hard? I'm thinking chess, but unusual piece, I have no idea. Accolades, I would think king or queen. But king isn't unusual because it's the ending point of the game. So queen is my only option. But it could be a completely different game entirely. Dang, Origen.

Knight?
[-] The following 2 users Like AgmaFan's post:
  • Jupiter, Raynb0w
Correct! Nice job
I'm thinking chess, but I'm not sure what piece it is. I'm thinking king or queen acclaim.
[-] The following 1 user Likes aricjoshua3's post:
  • xRENDEx
(05-28-2021, 12:14 AM)AgmaFan Wrote:

Knight?
   Excellent job figuring that puzzle, I had to look up the word homophone so I probably would have never guessed it was a chess piece.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jupiter's post:
  • Redfox
Has 4 legs,you do NOT sit on it,it starts with m and ends with a in romanian
космос

Yes I'm russian,what did you expect?
What stays in the corner, doesn't move from the corner yet can travel around the world?
The answer to the riddle "What stays in the corner, doesn't move from the corner yet can travel around the world?" is a stamp. A stamp is typically placed in the corner of an envelope or a postcard, it doesn't move from the corner, but it can travel around the world when the item it is attached to is mailed and delivered to different locations.

I stay on the page, unmoving and still,
Yet my journey is vast, a wandering thrill.
Though I'm fixed in one spot, I traverse far and wide,
Across oceans and borders, with no need to stride.
What am I that stays in its place,
But explores the world with unseen grace?