Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FWI Initiative - Agma.io March 2021 | by Sora
Hi, thank you for checking this thread. What does FWI mean, as written in the thread title? I will explain in a moment.

@flyingblue brought up an important point to me. The importance of being friendly and kind to one another. Flyingblue has been a member in the agma community for more than 3 years. Always friendly, always humble, and always inclusive.

But people in our community have not always treated each other that way. Sometimes people have been mean, unfriendly, and inclusive only to their own group of friends. This needs to change.

The principle of agma has always been to build a great community, with friendly relationships, trust, and warmth towards each other. And it will always thrive to be there. But sometimes, we let things within ourselves - as individual people - slip, and we turn dark, negative, and unfriendly to others. This is me asking you, to remind yourself to always keep that in mind when you are in agma. Forums, game, and discord. This place is not like other places, and I don't want it to be like other places. I want this place to be great for everyone. A second home that you can visit, at any time, whenever you want, and feel nice about it. That is only possible with your help - by you being FWIFriendly, Welcoming, and Inclusive to others. Sometimes, others will not be as friendly to you. But then you should just remind yourself that other people are human. They might have bad days, bad experiences. Even if they said something bad, you can be the better person and respond with something nice. At least you will show others that you are a person who cares, and that you will lift the community and strive to be part of the people who try to make it the best. You can make all the difference that is needed, just by remembering to be FWI. The interesting thing is that you single-handedly can cause a chain reaction in our community. By being FWI, the next person will most likely be FWI and pay it forward to the next person. It really is true that one person can change the world - the community. Our community. It starts with you.

If you have read all of this and agree with my message, I thank you.
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
...and I thought Sora would actually ask for help to find the meaning of an abbreviation, lol. Good post

(@firebone#9999)
[-] The following 5 users Like fireboneee's post:
  • flyingblue, Origen12, QueenOfQueens, xRENDEx, YT_SAD
(03-02-2021, 05:33 AM)Sora Wrote: Hi, thank you for checking this thread. What does FWI mean, as written in the thread title? I will explain in a moment.

@flyingblue brought up an important point to me. The importance of being friendly and kind to one another. Flyingblue has been a member in the agma community for more than 3 years. Always friendly, always humble, and always inclusive.

But people in our community have not always treated each other that way. Sometimes people have been mean, unfriendly, and inclusive only to their own group of friends. This needs to change.

The principle of agma has always been to build a great community, with friendly relationships, trust, and warmth towards each other. And it will always thrive to be there. But sometimes, we let things within ourselves - as individual people - slip, and we turn dark, negative, and unfriendly to others. This is me asking you, to remind yourself to always keep that in mind when you are in agma. Forums, game, and discord. This place is not like other places, and I don't want it to be like other places. I want this place to be great for everyone. A second home that you can visit, at any time, whenever you want, and feel nice about it. That is only possible with your help - by you being FWIFriendly, Welcoming, and Inclusive to others. Sometimes, others will not be as friendly to you. But then you should just remind yourself that other people are human. They might have bad days, bad experiences. Even if they said something bad, you can be the better person and respond with something nice. At least you will show others that you are a person who cares, and that you will lift the community and strive to be part of the people who try to make it the best. You can make all the difference that is needed, just by remembering to be FWI. The interesting thing is that you single-handedly can cause a chain reaction in our community. By being FWI, the next person will most likely be FWI and pay it forward to the next person. It really is true that one person can change the world - the community. Our community. It starts with you.

And this is what we were meant to be friends but some people get some words to close to thier self that they get hurt but not actually they forget it in ten minuts for real im one of these people who i get mad hella fast and i start to talk things that i cannot control my self but im sorry idk i was born like this but agma could teach me how to do and this ! ?❤
when you don't like it you can't find a time for it which you will say - sorry to busy 
When you love it  you  will say - sorry if im waste your time . 
dear peopels don't let peopels go so far away from you  . 

in darknight's your real friends shine like a star for you .
[-] The following 4 users Like Tonyagma's post:
  • fisa, flyingblue, Origen12, QueenOfQueens
Great post Sora and I do totally agree with you. The game is very toxic tbh and it was sadly on of the things that made me kinda uninterested in the game for awhile and needed a break but now I hope as many people as possible see your post so it can have an end Smile
My discord is alexx#4007
[Image: unknown.png]

Rest in piece Fidget Spinner skin
[-] The following 6 users Like xRENDEx's post:
  • Démone, fireboneee, fisa, flyingblue, Origen12, QueenOfQueens
(03-02-2021, 05:33 AM)Sora Wrote: Hi, thank you for checking this thread. What does FWI mean, as written in the thread title? I will explain in a moment.

Yeah I gotta be honest it's not just people being confined to their own group of friends but it's also people who take the game way too seriously (like me). Being a BR player, I always criticize some teams who I presume as "random" and after a while I start saying 100% unfriendly shit to them. Sometimes you just have to take the game for fun instead of being overly competitive or serious about everything. This is mainly for BR but respecting people's playstyles and team choices I think will also bolster this initiative. "Random" is a polysemic term on BR but it is basically used for people who play the mode unfairly by a) teaming with people who they haven't met/known for a while, b) virusing bigger players under the speculation that the player who does it can't get any advantage from doing so, and c) giving mass to random players when they are near/same mass as another player. If any of these 3 conditions are done intentionally then the most sound action would be to just random the players back. But saying vulgar things and assessing players' skills is not necessary. We can't control people's wishes and desires; they can only decide for themselves. BR is not a solo mode and throughout my 8 month experience I've slowly embraced this fact a little more (being a 80-90% solo player on the mode). 

I think this is a great way to not only make the game more welcoming but to also make more people realize (like me) that the game is not just for competition but also for enjoyment as well.
[-] The following 4 users Like Origen12's post:
  • Démone, fisa, flyingblue, Sora
I had trouble maintaining friendships when I was younger. It lead to a lot of loneliness and feeling like the world was against me. Wanna know why? Because I was toxic. Now I have some of the most incredible friends in the world because one day I decided to grow up and act like a decent human. Tongue

Being toxic is never cool. It’ll never help you make friends. Taking your frustrations out on people online is never okay - they’re human too. Life is so much more fulfilling when you live it to not only please yourself, but those around you aswell.
Have any questions? Feel free to send me a private message! 

Please remember, I’m only a forums moderator. Not in Agma!  Heart
[-] The following 10 users Like QueenHeather's post:
  • Démone, fisa, flyingblue, Light*, Mikasa, Origen12, QueenOfQueens, Sora, Squirrel , YT_SAD
Getting in other people's shoes, like when I first joined agma I would be so toxic and not care, but now with what you've stated about the FWI initiative I see in a different perspective.
[-] The following 6 users Like Sleezy's post:
  • fisa, flyingblue, Origen12, QueenOfQueens, Sora, Squirrel

~~snip so it’s not too long Tongue
As a player who has witnessed as much toxicity, if not more, than I’ve been given, I agree with this 100%. When I started off on Agma about 4, maybe 5 years ago, I took to the chat immediately, and started chatting with some other players. I became good friends with a couple people from 2 different servers. They were all very welcoming and I didn’t see the toxicity at first. That changed when I started mainly playing one server, it became known that I had a large friend group, because we talked in public chat nearly daily. At that point, we became targets for people “faking” us, people used someone from the friend group’s name and said rude things to others in the friend group..seemingly trying to ruin our friendships.
 Eventually, about 2.5 (I think.. Confused) years ago, I started playing the BR game mode, it became my main server. But I was a lot less than welcome for a long time. I would get toxic remarks in chat constantly by one of the “popular” people in the server, sometimes their friend(s) joined them in the bullying. It was a daily thing. I came online, and as soon as I did, if said person was online, I’d be told to leave, it went as far as them telling me no one cares about me, I’m a waste of space, as well as being told to kill myself. It discouraged me from continuing to play the game, but I did because I had friends I didn’t want to leave. It hurt my mental health and I felt like I needed to change somehow, and that if I didn’t I’d never be accepted. It took me a long time to gain the respect I have now in BR, but it shouldn’t have, and it shouldn’t for anyone else, either. My experience isn’t something anyone else should have, or worry about having. 
While this was 2 years ago, I still see toxicity in chat often, not just in BR. I have done my fair share of being mean when I get upset at someone, but it’s something I’ve been working on stopping for a good amount of time. 
This community, as a whole, could use to be less toxic, and more kind & welcoming. Remember, we’re all human, we all have feelings. Chances are, if you’d be upset with something you’re about to say to someone, they’ll be upset having it said to them, so think before you speak (type?). And don’t get to upset over a blob game Tongue.
[-] The following 5 users Like QueenOfQueens's post:
  • fisa, flyingblue, Mikasa, Redfox, Sora
(03-02-2021, 10:04 PM)Sleezy Wrote: Getting in other people's shoes, like when I first joined agma I would be so toxic and not care, but now with what you've stated about the FWI initiative I see in a different perspective.

Lol this is what I was when I first started BR and I would still consider myself somewhat toxic. I got so hooked on being good in the mode that I would just get mad at people (even if they were my friends) over things at times.

Honestly, I think this entire initiative should be publicized in any platform that agma is currently on. It might just change some people's outlook on the game.
(03-02-2021, 12:56 PM)QueenHeather Wrote: I had trouble maintaining friendships when I was younger. It lead to a lot of loneliness and feeling like the world was against me. Wanna know why? Because I was toxic. Now I have some of the most incredible friends in the world because one day I decided to grow up and act like a decent human. Tongue

Being toxic is never cool. It’ll never help you make friends. Taking your frustrations out on people online is never okay - they’re human too. Life is so much more fulfilling when you live it to not only please yourself, but those around you aswell.

What you say is true, of course, but I think it is useful to have a look under the hood, so to speak.

We have a lot of young people here. Probably 85-90% or better are under the age of 18. Of those of you who are older, a bunch of you have been here since before you were 18. (lol)

While we-humans are awesomely made, and with incredible capabilities, we were forged in fires amongst our peers (ages 6 through 12), that were often not at all friendly.

When you're young, and faced with unfriendliness, particularly if it's from more than one person, there are two very typical responses -- one is to crawl into a shell somewhere, get away from everyone, 'be alone' and try to sort things out yourself. The other is to lash out, make those who try to hurt us pay.

In the end, neither of those are good. The former can often become introverted, and have trouble making friends for the majority of their lives. At the extreme ends, some even become serial killers.

The latter might have the small advantage of being known as someone 'who can stick up for themselves', but often they have a short fuse, and once in a rage can become fairly frightening people.

The road that leads right through the middle of that fine mess is intricate, and many people don't arrive at 'the way' easily.

We all have to make our own way to find that path... and I hope I can get you to remember two things:
People can change! They can decide that they don't like themselves, and make themselves into better people as a result.

And the other is that forgiveness is truly a virtue! Forgiving someone of how they were with you will make you feel better, and perhaps reduce that reflex-reaction to 'lash out'.

So try it out... when you're ready to lash out, don't go whole-hog annihilation on them... find a nicer way to express your displeasure, keep it as short as possible... and then immediately, start trying to forgive the person. If you can do this as easily as breathing, I can pretty much guarantee you that people will give you compliments on how pleasant it is to know you.

At the ends of our childhood, whichever way you went may have first been determined by others, but ultimately it is decided by you, how you choose to respond!

PS: As I was rereading this, it struck me that this too is part of why my signature on every message here is what it is. It may not be the genre of music that you are happiest with, but the message is powerful, and valid.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 7 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • fisa, Jupiter, nachochesse, Origen12, QueenHeather, QueenOfQueens, Redfox
Well , the least I can say is that I 100% agree with this , even tho making a wholesome community on the internet is next to impossible , we should all try to make agma a better place .
This is way I think there shoold be a report button , to report
 the toxic people , and depending on insult they made in the chat , either warn or ban the player for a few days. Make it so is chat chat message should get 5 reports from people before getting noticed , so people don't report for no from . anyway I can't really see what I'm writing so I hope it's at least understandable . 
bye bye hae a good day /night

(03-25-2021, 10:24 PM)notbad1 Wrote: Well , the least I can say is that I 100% agree with this , even tho making a wholesome community on the internet is next to impossible , we should all try to make agma a better place .
 the toxic people , and depending on insult they made in the chat , either warn or ban the player for a few days. Make it so is chat chat message should get 5 reports from people before getting noticed , so people don't report for no from . anyway I can't really see what I'm writing so I hope it's at least understandable . 
[-] The following 4 users Like notbad1's post:
  • fisa, Origen12, QueenOfQueens, Squirrel
(03-25-2021, 10:24 PM)notbad1 Wrote: Well , the least I can say is that I 100% agree with this , even tho making a wholesome community on the internet is next to impossible , we should all try to make agma a better place .
Agma does have a warn/mute system, I’m not sure if it goes as far as banning. There are certain words that trigger an automatic warn when they’re typed in chat, and the message with the word won’t send. After 2 warns, continuing to use bad word(s) will result in an automatic mute. I’m not sure how long mutes last, the only time I was muted was when I spelled “sec” incorrectly 3 times in a row :,). I don’t remember if it told me how long the mute would last, but I was unmuted about an hour later when a mod probably realized it wasn’t me intentionally being toxic.
Julia.#7089 On Discord (:
Heart
[-] The following 3 users Like QueenOfQueens's post:
  • DoctorFinkle, fisa, Squirrel
(03-27-2021, 04:48 PM)QueenOfQueens Wrote: Agma does have a warn/mute system, I’m not sure if it goes as far as banning. There are certain words that trigger an automatic warn when they’re typed in chat, and the message with the word won’t send. After 2 warns, continuing to use bad word(s) will result in an automatic mute. I’m not sure how long mutes last, the only time I was muted was when I spelled “sec” incorrectly 3 times in a row :,). I don’t remember if it told me how long the mute would last, but I was unmuted about an hour later when a mod probably realized it wasn’t me intentionally being toxic.

Things should be getting a little bit better now, as some mods are able to ban.

I figure that this will make certain foolish people reevaluate whether they should continue trying to cause a ruckus in game servers.
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 3 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • fisa, Origen12, QueenOfQueens
(03-28-2021, 01:37 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(03-27-2021, 04:48 PM)QueenOfQueens Wrote: Agma does have a warn/mute system, I’m not sure if it goes as far as banning. There are certain words that trigger an automatic warn when they’re typed in chat, and the message with the word won’t send. After 2 warns, continuing to use bad word(s) will result in an automatic mute. I’m not sure how long mutes last, the only time I was muted was when I spelled “sec” incorrectly 3 times in a row :,). I don’t remember if it told me how long the mute would last, but I was unmuted about an hour later when a mod probably realized it wasn’t me intentionally being toxic.

Things should be getting a little bit better now, as some mods are able to ban.

I figure that this will make certain foolish people reevaluate whether they should continue trying to cause a ruckus in game servers.
As far as I know, Squirrel, this "warning" system is made so that, if any substring of a string (what the person types) contains any of the letters of a particular swear word (let's do the b word as an example), then the system is triggered and you are warned.
It's like this
String x;

x= " ";

if(x.contains("b----")

System.out.println("Please use appropriate language.....")

However, people simply put a period wherever in the word if they want to say it "b.----" (I know this because I've sweared countless times in the past) and this system is somewhat neutured
There might not be a way to control this but, yet again, that's why I think we need more mods especially in the br servers.
(03-29-2021, 05:18 PM)Origen12 Wrote: As far as I know, Squirrel, this "warning" system is made so that, if any substring of a string (what the person types) contains any of the letters of a particular swear word (let's do the b word as an example), then the system is triggered and you are warned.
It's like this
String x;

x= " ";

if(x.contains("b----")

System.out.println("Please use appropriate language.....")

However, people simply put a period wherever in the word if they want to say it "b.----" (I know this because I've sweared countless times in the past) and this system is somewhat neutured
There might not be a way to control this but, yet again, that's why I think we need more mods especially in the br servers.

Yes, it's quite basic. It will stop the people who don't WANT to swear anyways. And you're right, it would be nice to have more moderator coverage, so there are more and more cases of people displaying verbal diarrhea being caught, and made to pay for their transgressions.

However, that is easier said than done. Sora is right to be slow to trust. Young people in particular find out that "information is gold" in high school, and leverage that as much as they can to obtain status and respect amongst their peers. This often ends up including letting some of their friends use accounts with special powers, so they can witness for themselves the 'power' they were given, and other such things.

Those cases ALWAYS end badly, as the friend they thought was so solid, seizes the opportunity to log into a privileged account themselves, and maybe get brazen with it.

The very last thing we need, is a tool running around with access to one of those, so I think we'll continue to see a very small number of moderators for now.
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • fisa, Origen12