Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fixing AGF
Been awhile since I checked the forums. Hello everyone.

The short answer is that the Solo Server needs to be balanced. Take for example virus farming. Back in AGF, it didn't seem to work as well as it does in Agma. I understand how frustrating it can be when you're a solo player. You work hard to get the teams out of dominating... only for them to gain roughly 1-2,000 mass and start virus farming back to first place.

In the end, I do think there needs to be Moderators. But there also needs to be better moderation tools. If a player has a consistent record of teaming they need to absolutely be banned for a little bit.

That's all I have to say on this issue. Glad to see some long time players are still here. Smile
 -Polearm [Image: Pc7GVNA.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like Polearm's post:
  • Démone, fisa, Light*, Redfox, Squirrel
(02-22-2021, 02:01 AM)Redfox Wrote: A solo server makes sense to solo players. If you aren’t a solo player then  a solo server doesn’t make sense to you, correct. The beauty of agf only shines in solo play. If you team it’s just another teaming server. And we have hundreds of them (in Agma and other games).

you clearly didn't understand my post at all.  What I'm saying is nobody is really playing solo.  Just as demone said, there are many forms of teaming.  Everyone seems to be operating in a grey area of accepting partial teaming.  Teaming is not a grey area, it's black or white.  As of right now, even the the moderators Demone and Finky play with the acceptance and within the confines of partial teaming.  They play in a grey area of opinions of what is considered teaming or not.  They may not split run, but they accept help from others and get help whether they like it or not.  There is no way to avoid teaming.  That is why a solo server doesn't make sense.  If you have any experience at all in agf and a clear head this should be clear to anyone.

(Like many others). I joined agf to escape the teaming penalty of agar io in the first place!!!  It is what initially attracted me to agma.  What keeps me around is that I think agf is the best agar mechanics in terms of speed, gravity, inertia, etc..  But I may not stay around much longer if ya'll keep a dang restricting governor on it.  The world deserves an infinite agf server!!!!  Not a partial, one sided one!
So basically just savage everyone lol. That's what I'm getting from this mate. To me it just feels like the solo server is more team oriented
[-] The following 1 user Likes Apix 's post:
  • fisa
(02-22-2021, 02:21 PM)Polearm Wrote: Been awhile since I checked the forums. Hello everyone.

The short answer is that the Solo Server needs to be balanced. Take for example virus farming. Back in AGF, it didn't seem to work as well as it does in Agma. I understand how frustrating it can be when you're a solo player. You work hard to get the teams out of dominating... only for them to gain roughly 1-2,000 mass and start virus farming back to first place.

In the end, I do think there needs to be Moderators. But there also needs to be better moderation tools. If a player has a consistent record of teaming they need to absolutely be banned for a little bit.

That's all I have to say on this issue. Glad to see some long time players are still here. Smile

I agree , we have the same point of view ! And Helloooooooooooooooooooooo Polearm! Nice to see you around! ♥ 
[-] The following 3 users Like Démone's post:
  • fisa, Light*, Polearm
Promoting more mods does not really get at the root of the problem. It would be like hiring more police in a poor neighborhood without actually solving its economic problems. Besides, the vast majority of Agf's experienced players live in North America, so finding a player from each timezone who is experienced enough to understand the nuances of Agf's gameplay to moderate the server is practically impossible. Even then, there would still inevitably be times when no moderator is active.

Freezing/banning does not make teamers stop teaming, it only makes them team in less obvious ways, some of which are actually worse than traditional teaming. They might not splitrun or directly feed other players, but they still help their friends in battles by virusing their opponents or breaking their opponents' viruses.

Instead of having more people moderate the server, we need the mechanics to be fixed in order to re-balance the server; weakening virus-farming and raising the virus max would be a good start.

Let's not try to change the players to fit the server, but rather change the server to fit the players.
[-] The following 3 users Like DoctorFinkle's post:
  • Apix , fisa, Squirrel
Definitely fix the virus farming. Like legit, it is so cheap to 1st lolol.
Also, remove gaining mass from the camping rooms? Help keep the jokers down

Coming from me that only logs in and types in a very half spam way, and barely plays :p
[-] The following 4 users Like Apix 's post:
  • DoctorFinkle, fisa, Jupiter, Redfox
(02-24-2021, 06:49 PM)Apix Wrote: Definitely fix the virus farming. Like legit, it is so cheap to 1st lolol.
Also, remove gaining mass from the camping rooms? Help keep the jokers down

Coming from me that only logs in and types in a very half spam way, and barely plays :p
  I think “virus farming “ is unfixable due to the nature of the game( “one shot virus shooting”). It just doesn’t happen in Agario because you need to shoot the virus 11 times to get a virus shot. The only way to stop “virus farming” is to make it so you have to shoot the virus more times to get a virus shot off but then it would not be AGF anymore. I’ve seen the elite pros and even a bot once stop the virus farmer by invading his space with good timing but it seems you have to have impeccable skill to do this or at least be of a significant size. But what do I know I’m new to Agma.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jupiter's post:
  • fisa, Redfox, Squirrel
Yeah Agf has a sensible balance and changing one thing can very well have side effects on another thing.
[-] The following 2 users Like Redfox's post:
  • fisa, Jupiter
I think agf is currently balanced enough for solo players and teamers to have a fair go on who holds the mass of the server.

We really should be using a power free, agf server where anything goes and teaming is acceptable.

It will give players freedom of mind to do as they wish and be their true character.  This dynamic will introduce new ways to evolve the gameplay of agf, as well as ways to create friendships and betrayals.

I think overall the type of gameplay will be balanced.  With the circulating supply of players, people have to or will learn to treat others how they want to be treated or truly need the skill to back up offensive gameplay.  The governance of the server should be done by the players, not from moderation.

I think introducing teaming to the server will create more organization within the agf community.  Whoever person or group has control over the server during a set time period will be the ones who want it most and have organized or are skilled enough to earn it.  They should be the ones who get to use it as they wish to fulfill their desires or cravings they may be having.  If solo players truly want to have their time slot, they will have to organize set times during the day to meet with each other and hold down the mass of the server to fulfill their desires of how they wish to use it.
I think this is a good way to decide by mass over majority.

Making AGF completely solo will be difficult as there will be people who will want to team, and that's inevitable. When i used to play it for a little in march of last year I would still see teamers.....
(02-24-2021, 04:13 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: Promoting more mods does not really get at the root of the problem. It would be like hiring more police in a poor neighborhood without actually solving its economic problems. Besides, the vast majority of Agf's experienced players live in North America, so finding a player from each timezone who is experienced enough to understand the nuances of Agf's gameplay to moderate the server is practically impossible. Even then, there would still inevitably be times when no moderator is active.

Freezing/banning does not make teamers stop teaming, it only makes them team in less obvious ways, some of which are actually worse than traditional teaming. They might not splitrun or directly feed other players, but they still help their friends in battles by virusing their opponents or breaking their opponents' viruses.

Instead of having more people moderate the server, we need the mechanics to be fixed in order to re-balance the server; weakening virus-farming and raising the virus max would be a good start.

Let's not try to change the players to fit the server, but rather change the server to fit the players.

Way to rock a message with a solid summary that makes sense!

But if I was the programmer reading this, (just to let you know), this is what my reaction (that you would never see) would be:

~facepalms for the duration of reading the message~

"Mannnnn, why do you have to make my life HARDER?! Don't you know I keep you around so you can make it EASIER??!?!?"
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 3 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • DoctorFinkle, fisa, SurakAtticus
I got IP banned for 24 hrs today.

I wasn't spamming the chat or saying anything inappropriate.  All I did was speak out against moderators how they are control freaks and freedom haters.  How are they not control freaks and freedom haters when their position is to control the server based on their opinion and to impose on players free will?  I just spoke out something I believe is true, its not right to get banned over it.
I’ve read your post and felt like I should say something. But I don’t know what to say any more.
yeah...  banning someone from playing because they spoke out against moderators to me really just demonstrates abuse of power and moderators sense of entitlement.  They must believe they are entitled to be immune to scrutiny just because they are a moderator and registered worker for the server.

Just imagine of a real world abusive government banning freedom fighters for speaking out against abusive rule..  WOW
Mods shouldn't even report if people are teaming in solo agf because almost 90% of people are teaming there

(03-11-2021, 04:16 AM)Mindless Wrote: I got IP banned for 24 hrs today.

I wasn't spamming the chat or saying anything inappropriate.  All I did was speak out against moderators how they are control freaks and freedom haters.  How are they not control freaks and freedom haters when their position is to control the server based on their opinion and to impose on players free will?  I just spoke out something I believe is true, its not right to get banned over it.

Yea i agree. you really shouldn't even get banned 24 hours. also mods shouldnt even ban or report people just for teaming in solo agf. there are party invites there. so the game should be updated by removing the name of server or the party invites
[Image: 8bea7b50bc70c859209a7f2d5b87f79d.png]
signature made by @fisa

[-] The following 1 user Likes ihami's post:
  • Mindless