Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Present for Jupiter
(And anyone else who hasn't seen this... lol.)

@Jupiter, thanks for your recent rep comment! And I thought immediately of this video, and how it changed the maker's mind about them furry rodents. (grin)

I do sympathize with you though, on your shed! Squirrels will make themselves a nest if they have to, but if they can use one ready-made by their unwitting human-friends, then all the better!!

Big Grin

Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 5 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • fisa, Jupiter, Light*, nachochesse, Redfox
L.O.L. Several times. an extremely athletic, coordinated, resourceful and swift animal. I can see why you love these animal and even nick name yourself after them. I still want my bird feeders to feed the birds although I definitely have more respect for their abilities. Thank you for such an amusing video.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jupiter's post:
  • fisa, Redfox, Squirrel
(12-28-2020, 06:34 PM)Jupiter Wrote: L.O.L. Several times. an extremely athletic, coordinated, resourceful and swift animal. I can see why you love these animal and even nick name yourself after them. I still want my bird feeders to feed the birds although I definitely have more respect for their abilities. Thank you for such an amusing video.

I have gained many a laugh from this video, and have watched it a number of times since one of us (alas, I can't remember who... but he was an Agma player) sent it to me about 1.5 yrs ago. I found another video that was similar, in some ways, made by a physicist -- lol he created the most confounding contraptions, trying to mess up dem rodents, and in the end, he too failed. lol
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • fisa, Jupiter
(12-30-2020, 07:34 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 06:34 PM)Jupiter Wrote: L.O.L. Several times. an extremely athletic, coordinated, resourceful and swift animal. I can see why you love these animal and even nick name yourself after them. I still want my bird feeders to feed the birds although I definitely have more respect for their abilities. Thank you for such an amusing video.

I have gained many a laugh from this video, and have watched it a number of times since one of us (alas, I can't remember who... but he was an Agma player) sent it to me about 1.5 yrs ago.  I found another video that was similar, in some ways, made by a physicist -- lol he created the most confounding contraptions, trying to mess up dem rodents, and in the end, he too failed. lol
   I think it would be even more hilarious watching a serious engineer type trying and failing to outwit a squirrel. Honestly I think the squirrels where I live weigh more than 500 grams, they are very buff here and I swear I seen a huge muscular squirrel that had to weigh close to a kilogram. I call that one Arnold.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jupiter's post:
  • fisa, Squirrel
(12-30-2020, 04:59 PM)Jupiter Wrote:    I think it would be even more hilarious watching a serious engineer type trying and failing to outwit a squirrel. Honestly I think the squirrels where I live weigh more than 500 grams, they are very buff here and I swear I seen a huge muscular squirrel that had to weigh close to a kilogram. I call that one Arnold.

Hah! I refound the one I was talking about.

His contraption suuuure looks ugly, but he did slow his neighbourhood squirrels down a bit. (lol)

Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • fisa, Jupiter
(01-01-2021, 11:39 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 04:59 PM)Jupiter Wrote:    I think it would be even more hilarious watching a serious engineer type trying and failing to outwit a squirrel. Honestly I think the squirrels where I live weigh more than 500 grams, they are very buff here and I swear I seen a huge muscular squirrel that had to weigh close to a kilogram. I call that one Arnold.

Hah!  I refound the one I was talking about.

His contraption suuuure looks ugly, but he did slow his neighbourhood squirrels down a bit. (lol)

Can I have a present? Tongue
Let me guess
I like dolphins so?
Dolphins playing with squirrels plzz!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes plz I want a present for New Year Sad

[Image: bannerdiscor.gif]   

The squirrel never gave up and was successful after every "improvement",but I do think the physicist was trying to improve on an already flawed design so although he made it harder each time for the squirrel. The squirrel ultimately figured away around all his improvements. Watched a few other "squirrel proof videos" after that one on youtube. One guy who looked like Bob Seger electrified the post of the bird-feeder. Although it did work I think it is kind of dangerous if you have children or dogs and would never resort to such a method as I have several grandchildren.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jupiter's post:
  • Squirrel
(01-01-2021, 12:48 PM)fisa Wrote:

Can I have a present? Tongue
Let me guess
I like dolphins so?
Dolphins playing with squirrels plzz!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes plz I want a present for New Year Sad

I have never heard of a squirrel that could swim... and since dolphins are found in salt water, and the beaches of oceans tend to have no trees, I think this would be a very unusual encounter!

If anything, the dolphin might choose to help the foolish rodent, and give it a ride back to land. Smile

Sowwy! Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • fisa