Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Think it's Time to Stop Certain Scripts/ patch them
Star 
It has come to my knowledge that this gold off and on script has been getting it way around which is bannable, because keeping scripts for yourself that does not majorly effect agma are okay but then releasing it to only some people well isn't right, This script should be banned, patched, or be bannable to have because it goes against the rules in 2 ways 1. Spreading Script's that change a user's way without permission 2. Scripts that have been patched before aren't allowed you should know 3. 10 months or so ago everyone was told not to use or try to make this script!
[-] The following 2 users Like iDemon's post:
  • Sora, Squirrel
It will be patched. Thanks for mentioning!
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sora's post:
  • Lazaro
(11-15-2020, 07:45 PM)iDemon Wrote: It has come to my knowledge that this gold off and on script has been getting it way around which is bannable, because keeping scripts for yourself that does not majorly effect agma are okay but then releasing it to only some people well isn't right, This script should be banned, patched, or be bannable to have because it goes against the rules in 2 ways 1. Spreading Script's that change a user's way without permission 2. Scripts that have been patched before aren't allowed you should know 3. 10 months or so ago everyone was told not to use or try to make this script!
I agree this script should get banned. I truly learned that I should never share or make scripts without userlocking, obfuscating and without the owners permission. I learned this the hard way, and problems like this will never happen again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lazaro's post:
  • Sora
1. it’s not your mission to decide what is bannable and what is not @iDemon
2. there was/is no strong protection so it was not too hard to make a new script, so this is not like serious hacking, there is a script with just one line!
3. your list of rule violation is weird. Making and distributing scripts for Agma.io or any other website is NOT forbidden by law. No one needs permission for that.
4. the current script that has been spread works different from the previous popular script. It’s not the same one. It’s a new one.
5 I think it’s not correct that everyone was told not to use or make such a script. Specific people were told but I don’t remember any general public announcement.
(11-16-2020, 01:43 AM)Redfox Wrote: 1. it’s not your mission to decide what is bannable and what is not @iDemon
2. there was/is no strong protection so it was not too hard to make a new script, so this is not like serious hacking, there is a script with just one line!
3. your list of rule violation is weird. Making and distributing scripts for Agma.io or any other website is NOT forbidden by law. No one needs permission for that.
4. the current script that has been spread works different from the previous popular script. It’s not the same one. It’s a new one.
5 I think it’s not correct that everyone was told not to use or make such a script. Specific people were told but I don’t remember any general public announcement.

This isn't the place to be rude!
(11-15-2020, 07:45 PM)iDemon Wrote: It has come to my knowledge that this gold off and on script has been getting it way around which is bannable, because keeping scripts for yourself that does not majorly effect agma are okay but then releasing it to only some people well isn't right, This script should be banned, patched, or be bannable to have because it goes against the rules in 2 ways 1. Spreading Script's that change a user's way without permission 2. Scripts that have been patched before aren't allowed you should know 3. 10 months or so ago everyone was told not to use or try to make this script!
Why should a script that only toggles between name colors be banned? It's like the most useless script.
Nothing is something, that makes something nothing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nuke 's post:
  • solo_player123
(11-16-2020, 01:43 AM)Redfox Wrote: 1. it’s not your mission to decide what is bannable and what is not @iDemon

Sora has previously made it known that he doesn't want scripts that change a person's name colour being propagated, since that can (a) obfuscate the rights that the scripted user actually has; and (b) it causes a bit of load on the server that is unnecessary.

There was a previous script that changed the colour on the user's screen alone -- this caused no demand on servers, and no players could see it, so that script was deemed okay.  YouTubers were using that to make it appear that they had a "rainbow name" in the game, and so on while they recorded videos.

Now that this new script has changed that, is causing load, and is seen by other players, it will be effectively disabled by Sora.

I believe you owe someone an apology. (iDemon)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
Quote:Sora has previously made it known that he doesn't want scripts that change a person's name colour being propagated
I have never seen such an announcement. Are you sire there has been made an official, public announcement?

Quote:(a) obfuscate the rights that the scripted user actually has
Fair enough.

Quote:(b) it causes a bit of load on the server that is unnecessary.
It doesn't cause any relevant load, except the code of it is bad, which would be a reason to optimize the net protocol, not to ban the script.
Probably this is a 3 byte packet... 2 bytes for the type of message (16 bit unsigned integer, because I assume 8 bit are not enough for Agma - original Ogar uses 8 bit - plus 1 byte with values 0/1 to toggle the state).
The traffic caused by this is irrelevant.

Quote:There was a previous script that changed the colour on the user's screen alone -- this caused no demand on servers, and no players could see it, so that script was deemed okay.  YouTubers were using that to make it appear that they had a "rainbow name" in the game, and so on while they recorded videos.
Yes, Wynell's rainbow script which indeed is client-side only.

Quote:Now that this new script has changed that, is causing load, and is seen by other players, it will be effectively disabled by Sora.
He announced that so yeah, it will be disabled.

Quote:I believe you owe someone an apology. (iDemon)
Me? To him? The guy was a hard-core teamer and should have been banned if any one was serious about SOLO servers being SOLO, he owes ME an apology!!!! Look at my name!!! He bullied me for more than one hour with his team mate Ali (ALIDAGOD). The only reason he made this thread is that he is jealous and no one gave the script to him! He doesn't care at all, about anything else than his own wellbeing. He didn't made the thread to inform Sora about a harmful script, but only for revenge. Just read his initial post again, and maybe you will see... the way he did not just notified Sora about the script, but demanded its ban in public. He screamed "witch" because he couldn't have the beautiful woman, and now he wants to see her burn... "If i can't have her, no one shall".
Squirrel is not talking about u that owes idemon an apology he is talking about Redfox that he is quoting.... but then again if the shoe fits... or the tail fits... then...
[Image: Lightsig.png]
Solo_Player123 is my PC Account, Redbox my mobile account. Squirrel knows who Redfox is, lol.
We gathered that much lol after... reading the other posts
[Image: Lightsig.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Light*'s post:
  • Redfox