Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virus miniing
What is virus mining? I think it's when a very large cel is making and eaten viruses at the same time. Usually done at the edge or corner of the map. Correct me if I am wrong.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jupiter's post:
  • Redfox, Sora
I have never heard that, I think what you described is called fast virus farming.
[-] The following 2 users Like Redfox's post:
  • Jupiter, Sora
(11-13-2020, 04:26 PM)Redfox Wrote: I have never heard that, I think what you described is called fast virus farming.
    Thank you Redfox, fast virus mining is what I mean. What is it?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jupiter's post:
  • Redfox
(11-13-2020, 01:54 PM)Jupiter Wrote: What is virus mining? I think it's when a very large cel is making and eaten viruses at the same time. Usually done at the edge or corner of the map. Correct me if I am wrong.

When the kids sprout off just the next meaningless term about some new 'trick' they do, I just pay no attention, lol. But just the same, I have not heard of this being used either, that I can recall. Sometimes one kid just has to give something a name, y' know? So they feel like they're "one of the gang", and they invented something. (When actually, the exact same thing has one mainstream 'name', and 3 other minor ones already! lol)

I would hazard my guess that it means that detestable practice of using a virus as a mine, and dropping it riiiiiight in front of the dude you are chasing, so he can't help but hit it, and splitting to gleefully eat his bits.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Jupiter
Heart 
(11-13-2020, 04:38 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 01:54 PM)Jupiter Wrote: What is virus mining? I think it's when a very large cel is making and eaten viruses at the same time. Usually done at the edge or corner of the map. Correct me if I am wrong.

When the kids sprout off just the next meaningless term about some new 'trick' they do, I just pay no attention, lol. But just the same, I have not heard of this being used either, that I can recall. Sometimes one kid just has to give something a name, y' know? So they feel like they're "one of the gang", and they invented something. (When actually, the exact same thing has one mainstream 'name', and 3 other minor ones already! lol)

I would hazard my guess that it means that detestable practice of using a virus as a mine, and dropping it riiiiiight in front of the dude you are chasing, so he can't help but hit it, and splitting to gleefully eat his bits.
   Detestable? How detestable is this practice? As it is used by me and others have used that strategy on myself. I think it can be annoying having someone you almost destroyed chase you with their one shot virus aiming at you, but it is usually a revenge tactic. I only consider it part of the game. Chasing someone who has "wronged me" helps with my accuracy and timing. Being chased by someone like Samira is almost sure death for me as she has so much more tools in her toolbox to deal with the likes of myself.
  • Redfox
(11-13-2020, 04:38 PM)Jupiter Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 04:26 PM)Redfox Wrote: I have never heard that, I think what you described is called fast virus farming.

Uhm again I also have not heard of that one. But again, you described fast virus farming. A mechanic  of the Solo AGF server. People make and eat viruses at the same time. By eating the viruses they make, they get insane amounts of mass in no time. In most cases one can become number one of the leaderboard by using this mechanic. In seconds.
(11-13-2020, 05:22 PM)Redfox Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 04:38 PM)Jupiter Wrote:

Uhm again I also have not heard of that one. But again, you described fast virus farming. A mechanic  of the Solo AGF server. People make and eat viruses at the same time. By eating the viruses they make, they get insane amounts of mass in no time. In most cases one can become number one of the leaderboard by using this mechanic. In seconds.
   Yes I did get off topic with squirrel, but what you describe is the definition I was looking for. Fast virus farming is what I will call this from now on. 
   There has to be more to it than you describe. If I were to attempt fast virus farming I could forsee my demise rather than getting large very quickly. ( I'm new to Agma).
  • Redfox
Well u need some mass to do it, 2000-4000 mass.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redfox's post:
  • Jupiter
(11-13-2020, 04:59 PM)Jupiter Wrote:    Detestable? How detestable is this practice? As it is used by me and others have used that strategy on myself. I think it can be annoying having someone you almost destroyed chase you with their one shot virus aiming at you, but it is usually a revenge tactic. I only consider it part of the game. Chasing someone who has "wronged me" helps with my accuracy and timing. Being chased by someone like Samira is almost sure death for me as she has so much more tools in her toolbox to deal with the likes of myself.

lol! Well, I don't like it, because I don't like anyone using powerups on me, but mostly I said it tongue-in-cheek.

But yeah, as a revenge tool, it sounds much better! It would wipe the discontent off your face, and put it on their face instead! Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Jupiter
(11-13-2020, 07:32 PM)Redfox Wrote: Well u need some mass to do it, 2000-4000 mass.

It really depends on the server, you can do it with like 400 mass in virus farms.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lazaro's post:
  • Redfox
(11-15-2020, 03:14 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 04:59 PM)Jupiter Wrote:    Detestable? How detestable is this practice? As it is used by me and others have used that strategy on myself. I think it can be annoying having someone you almost destroyed chase you with their one shot virus aiming at you, but it is usually a revenge tactic. I only consider it part of the game. Chasing someone who has "wronged me" helps with my accuracy and timing. Being chased by someone like Samira is almost sure death for me as she has so much more tools in her toolbox to deal with the likes of myself.

lol! Well, I don't like it, because I don't like anyone using powerups on me, but mostly I said it tongue-in-cheek.

But yeah, as a revenge tool, it sounds much better!  It would wipe the discontent off your face, and put it on their face instead! Big Grin
     You know shooting a virus at someone and crashing into the virus you just shot from, regrouping then launching the new virus at your enemy is one of the first strategies I've used in this game. Many others have used this strategy against myself and the pros get results with this strategy. Yet I don't know if it has a name. Seems important enough to be given a name.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jupiter's post:
  • Redfox, Squirrel