Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Server !!!!!!!!!!1
Hello there i want there to be a new Server that maybe will be Great for 1V1 or 2V2's
There should be like an option for changing the server the mass of which server you want !
and i want that were to be and the option of allow power's or no bc not all like power's
The map should not be so Big maybe a square from b2 to b4,c2 to c4, and d2,d4 its wonderful
This is all have a great day Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Noly King's post:
  • Sora
(08-01-2020, 05:16 PM)Noly King Wrote: Hello there i want there to be a new Server that maybe will be Great for 1V1 or 2V2's
There should be like an option for changing the server the mass of which server you want !
and i want that were to be and the option of allow power's or no bc not all like power's
The map should not be so Big maybe a square from b2 to b4,c2 to c4, and d2,d4 its wonderful

Do you mean private servers when you can play with friends?? If you mean that, a lot of people have asked for private servers but im afraid that i dont know the answer to why there aren't private servers yet
If you need more information just dm one of the staff members or sora / retslac
[-] The following 2 users Like revenge agma's post:
  • Noly King, Sora
(08-01-2020, 05:24 PM)revenge agma Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 05:16 PM)Noly King Wrote: Hello there i want there to be a new Server that maybe will be Great for 1V1 or 2V2's

Do you mean private servers when you can play with friends?? If you mean that, a lot of people have asked for private servers but im afraid that i dont know the answer to why there aren't private servers yet
If you need more information just dm one of the staff members or sora / retslac

No i didnt mean Private Server
I mean Public server
A 1v1/2v2 server would be great yeah!

(@firebone#9999)
[-] The following 2 users Like fireboneee's post:
  • HutDude, Sora

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean? You can do 1vs1 or 2vs2 on any server, what would be different about yours?

Why the decreased size of the playing field? Did you want a server that was open to the public, but just allowed 2 people into it??  That would basically be a private server, and if publicly available, you would basically almost never be able to get in, because 2 people would already be in there!

And for a 2vs2 it could be even more frustrating, because often you are trying to team with a specific person, and that would just allow 4 people in... probably no intended 'team' would ever get in, you'd just have to pick your teammate from who was available.

I didn't at all understand what you mean by changing the mass of which server you want? What exactly would your idea change, and how would that appeal to a strictly 1vs1 or 2vs2 environment?

If you did mean to restrict the server to just 2 or 4 people, you could easily have all the players decide whether powers were to be allowed, or if they were not to be. But if one of the players disagreed, you would kind of be at an impasse. Just add a '/powers on/off' command, and once all players are in agreement, change the server to that mode.

The big problem there would be getting players who want to play with each other into the same server, and also, due to demand, you would need to have 15 to 30 of these servers that would all take additional resources. Although, seriously reducing the size of the map would mean each server required fewer resources. (A 2x2 instead of 5x5 grid means your proposed grid would be just 16% of a normal size. Would you still have secret rooms, or do we kill those?)

My proposed idea:
At that point, it would depend on the internal architecture, whether it was feasible. Cloud services are sold based on a fixed & variable # of cores for a server. If you had to have each of these servers with it's own core, it would be inefficient, and be too costly for Sora. If, though, you had a server that was designed for player vs player gameplay, and had different 'games' going on within it, that would be completely new!

Essentially, the server would have a 'Player vs Player lobby', where you could tell it what you were interested in. 1vs1? Or 2vs2? You could even make it something different, like 4vs4, and choose the size of playing field, plus other options, such as having powers on or off.

In the Lobby you could wait for the person/people you wanted to play with and against to appear, and then let it know what you want to do. 1vs1 would be easy; once you choose your foe, and the foe confirms, then you can spawn a playing field, and allow the two of you to duke it out.

A 2vs2 would require extra steps; first you would need to select a teammate. And then, either let the server choose which 'team' yours fights against, or choose a specific team from a list of teams formed. Once the 4 players were decided upon, you could again spawn the playing field.

Which mode of gameplay would be used? Are powers to be allowed or no?  Each of these would also need to be worked out in the 'Lobby', and then have the game commence.

I would like to suggest that this would be possible, and could be made to pay for the additional resources required by having a per-time coin rate to use or play. So for example, sitting in the lobby of the Player vs Player server could cost you 30000 coins per hour , where you could arrange games or even spectate games, whereas to play would cost you 75000 coins per hour.

If you chose something that required more resources (such as a 4vs4), then the charge would have to go up. But it should be possible for the Lobby to figure out what the needed charge would be for the server you were setting up. in order for the needed resources to be 'paid for'.

I'm just choosing #'s at random here, Sora would have to figure out the values needed to make this server pay for itself. I could see people wanting to watch certain specific people go toe-to-toe with each other (spectate); just displaying what is happening from a game would not require too much CPU power. and that would add an element that is not currently available today.

It IS kind of like having private servers, but have them publicly accessible, so long as you're willing to pay the coins to either set up games/spectate or play.

Did I capture the essence of your idea? Or maybe you need to try again to let us know what you had in mind??
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 3 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • fisa, Noly King, Sora
(08-03-2020, 10:51 AM)Squirrel Wrote:

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean? You can do 1vs1 or 2vs2 on any server, what would be different about yours?

Why the decreased size of the playing field? Did you want a server that was open to the public, but just allowed 2 people into it??  That would basically be a private server, and if publicly available, you would basically almost never be able to get in, because 2 people would already be in there!

And for a 2vs2 it could be even more frustrating, because often you are trying to team with a specific person, and that would just allow 4 people in... probably no intended 'team' would ever get in, you'd just have to pick your teammate from who was available.

I didn't at all understand what you mean by changing the mass of which server you want? What exactly would your idea change, and how would that appeal to a strictly 1vs1 or 2vs2 environment?

If you did mean to restrict the server to just 2 or 4 people, you could easily have all the players decide whether powers were to be allowed, or if they were not to be. But if one of the players disagreed, you would kind of be at an impasse. Just add a '/powers on/off' command, and once all players are in agreement, change the server to that mode.

The big problem there would be getting players who want to play with each other into the same server, and also, due to demand, you would need to have 15 to 30 of these servers that would all take additional resources. Although, seriously reducing the size of the map would mean each server required fewer resources. (A 2x2 instead of 5x5 grid means your proposed grid would be just 16% of a normal size. Would you still have secret rooms, or do we kill those?)

My proposed idea:
At that point, it would depend on the internal architecture, whether it was feasible. Cloud services are sold based on a fixed & variable # of cores for a server. If you had to have each of these servers with it's own core, it would be inefficient, and be too costly for Sora. If, though, you had a server that was designed for player vs player gameplay, and had different 'games' going on within it, that would be completely new!

Essentially, the server would have a 'Player vs Player lobby', where you could tell it what you were interested in. 1vs1? Or 2vs2? You could even make it something different, like 4vs4, and choose the size of playing field, plus other options, such as having powers on or off.

In the Lobby you could wait for the person/people you wanted to play with and against to appear, and then let it know what you want to do. 1vs1 would be easy; once you choose your foe, and the foe confirms, then you can spawn a playing field, and allow the two of you to duke it out.

A 2vs2 would require extra steps; first you would need to select a teammate. And then, either let the server choose which 'team' yours fights against, or choose a specific team from a list of teams formed. Once the 4 players were decided upon, you could again spawn the playing field.

Which mode of gameplay would be used? Are powers to be allowed or no?  Each of these would also need to be worked out in the 'Lobby', and then have the game commence.

I would like to suggest that this would be possible, and could be made to pay for the additional resources required by having a per-time coin rate to use or play. So for example, sitting in the lobby of the Player vs Player server could cost you 30000 coins per hour , where you could arrange games or even spectate games, whereas to play would cost you 75000 coins per hour.

If you chose something that required more resources (such as a 4vs4), then the charge would have to go up. But it should be possible for the Lobby to figure out what the needed charge would be for the server you were setting up. in order for the needed resources to be 'paid for'.

I'm just choosing #'s at random here, Sora would have to figure out the values needed to make this server pay for itself. I could see people wanting to watch certain specific people go toe-to-toe with each other (spectate); just displaying what is happening from a game would not require too much CPU power. and that would add an element that is not currently available today.

It IS kind of like having private servers, but have them publicly accessible, so long as you're willing to pay the coins to either set up games/spectate or play.

Did I capture the essence of your idea? Or maybe you need to try again to let us know what you had in mind??

The all u said it's kinda true  !
But there are people that want to 1v1 in their server that they play i think now u get it !
And so for meaning the private server its not that but im meaing public server with a lot of the field's to 1v1 or 2v2 or 4v4 thats what i meant to say ?!
So for the mass i was saying that on selffeed u can chose to 50k only bc there u can farm ur mass its true but in other server spawning with the real mass the game give u its so hard so the option of changing the mass would be great the max mass on the server u all know so there should be the option of changing the mass on already the all servers bc not the all server's have the max mass the same !!!!
And so the power's on/off we all know that the 1v1 or 2v2 should have the pure fight not powers thats the reason i was saying that bc if somone ask's for 1v1 with powers the option is there !
The map size should be like kinda some reduced bc the player's will have the chance to see each other
and if u can understand im meaning that it should be like u need to be on ur party with the player u wanna 1v1 or team with him 2v2 with another random squad or when u wanna do a random 1v1 with someone just go play on the server thats all i meant thanks for understanding !
(08-03-2020, 11:32 AM)Noly King Wrote: So for the mass i was saying that on selffeed u can chose to 50k only bc there u can farm ur mass its true but in other server spawning with the real mass the game give u its so hard so the option of changing the mass would be great the max mass on the server u all know so there should be the option of changing the mass on already the all servers bc not the all server's have the max mass the same !!!!
And so the power's on/off we all know that the 1v1 or 2v2 should have the pure fight not powers thats the reason i was saying that bc if somone ask's for 1v1 with powers the option is there !
The map size should be like kinda some reduced bc the player's will have the chance to see each other
and if u can understand im meaning that it should be like u need to be on ur party with the player u wanna 1v1 or team with him 2v2 with another random squad or when u wanna do a random 1v1 with someone just go play on the server thats all i meant thanks for understanding !

Oh! So you mean, also allow people to choose how much 'mass' they start with??

Yes, in a controlled server with just a small # of people, that is another thing that could be optional, and people could agree on within a 'Lobby'. Smile

Now my message did get a little long, but that's because it's a long and involved idea. It would take Sora a lot of work to do something like that. But I could definitely see it as being a popular server to play in, if it existed!
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Noly King
(08-03-2020, 11:48 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 11:32 AM)Noly King Wrote: So for the mass i was saying that on selffeed u can chose to 50k only bc there u can farm ur mass its true but in other server spawning with the real mass the game give u its so hard so the option of changing the mass would be great the max mass on the server u all know so there should be the option of changing the mass on already the all servers bc not the all server's have the max mass the same !!!!

Oh!  So you mean, also allow people to choose how much 'mass' they start with??

Yes, in a controlled server with just a small # of people, that is another thing that could be optional, and people could agree on within a 'Lobby'. Smile

Now my message did get a little long, but that's because it's a long and involved idea. It would take Sora a lot of work to do something like that. But I could definitely see it as being a popular server to play in, if it existed!

Yea thats all what i meant but i was a lil excited to say it like faster xDbc it just came up to mah mind
(08-03-2020, 02:24 PM)Noly King Wrote: Yea thats all what i meant but i was a lil excited to say it like faster xDbc it just came up to mah mind

Psst, did you notice how your original idea post has now been liked by a certain 'Sora'?? Wink

LOL...

The Forums really is the best place to propose and discuss ideas, and Sora finds a way to keep up with the messages! (Although, not always right away.)
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • fisa, Noly King
(08-03-2020, 02:54 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 02:24 PM)Noly King Wrote: Yea thats all what i meant but i was a lil excited to say it like faster xDbc it just came up to mah mind

Psst, did you notice how your original idea post has now been liked by a certain 'Sora'?? Wink

LOL...

The Forums really is the best place to propose and discuss ideas, and Sora finds a way to keep up with the messages! (Although, not always right away.)

Yay im kinda happy
Thanks for discussing with me on Discord earlier today and telling me that it worth it coming here
[-] The following 1 user Likes Noly King's post:
  • Squirrel
(08-03-2020, 03:59 PM)Noly King Wrote: Yay im kinda happy
Thanks for discussing with me on Discord earlier today and telling me that it worth it coming here

Thanks for listening to me! You've had two pretty solid ideas so far!
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Noly King
(08-04-2020, 02:58 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 03:59 PM)Noly King Wrote: Yay im kinda happy

Thanks for listening to me! You've had two pretty solid ideas so far!
Yay im so happy for it and i hope that my ideas come true !