Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spawn-Area becoming Chaotic? A solution.
Dear Sora

I cannot express my anger in words right now, or how much I hate the spawn areas in every single server except BR's. I have talked about this before, but I guess it was ignored and unread, so I'm making a thread about this.
       Firstly, WTF is with the spawn areas? Whenever you spawn, there's almost legitimately no distance between you and another player, even in uncrowded servers like Virusfarm, where no matter the number of people, even small, you will almost always spawn next to a bigger enemy who will kill you repeatedly until you rage-quit or break your keyboard. Sure, when a server's uncrowded there will be less chance of you spawning next to you, but why isn't the chance reduced even more? Let's say you're farming, and suddenly a cell spawns and eats all your mass, therefore killing you. Or you repeatedly dying bc of no player distance spawns.

Here's what I think: Sora should make a distance barrier, making sure that you are at an appropriate amount of distance away from someone, so you would have to travel only a little bit to meet up with another player, like in Br but a little less. This way, it would be fairer for players that recently spawn, and not just letting bad-sport players eat them the moment they spawn.

Now you might be wondering, this game is about eating, so it shouldn't matter, they're not bad sports if they eat the way they're supposed to, but another problem I face is that I'm spawned near another player, so that before you can even move, you die.

Pls fix this problem as soon as your busy self allows you to.

[Image: kh0Zvpm.gif]

[-] The following 1 user Likes SORYN's post:
  • Squirrel
(07-05-2020, 10:02 PM)SORYN Wrote: Dear Sora

I cannot express my anger in words right now, or how much I hate the spawn areas in every single server except BR's. I have talked about this before, but I guess it was ignored and unread, so I'm making a thread about this.
       Firstly, WTF is with the spawn areas? Whenever you spawn, there's almost legitimately no distance between you and another player, even in uncrowded servers like Virusfarm, where no matter the number of people, even small, you will almost always spawn next to a bigger enemy who will kill you repeatedly until you rage-quit or break your keyboard. Sure, when a server's uncrowded there will be less chance of you spawning next to you, but why isn't the chance reduced even more? Let's say you're farming, and suddenly a cell spawns and eats all your mass, therefore killing you. Or you repeatedly dying bc of no player distance spawns.

Here's what I think: Sora should make a distance barrier, making sure that you are at an appropriate amount of distance away from someone, so you would have to travel only a little bit to meet up with another player, like in Br but a little less. This way, it would be fairer for players that recently spawn, and not just letting bad-sport players eat them the moment they spawn.

Now you might be wondering, this game is about eating, so it shouldn't matter, they're not bad sports if they eat the way they're supposed to, but another problem I face is that I'm spawned near another player, so that before you can even move, you die.

I believe that what you are noticing is that certain experienced players in certain rooms, purposely toss off a bit of mass, spraying it in a circular fashion around the area they are playing in to create exactly what you have said -- a newbie kill-zone!  Players have long since realized that a new player can spawn in the place of any particular speck of food, this for a big player, spraying out a little mass ensures them of seeing more newbies spawned nearby to them, for their killing pleasure.

Perhaps if Sora changed the formula for choosing an area to respawn in from a likely one-to-one mapping, according to the bits of food in existence, to a more general formula splitting the map into regions (ie: the A1 through E5 grid), and just randomly choosing a bit of food in that region to respawn a player instead, this will weaken the effect of the "kill zone" enough so that large players no longer find it beneficial to part with some of their mass, so that they can cultivate more victims for their slaughterfest.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(07-06-2020, 02:01 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 10:02 PM)SORYN Wrote: Dear Sora

I believe that what you are noticing is that certain experienced players in certain rooms, purposely toss off a bit of mass, spraying it in a circular fashion around the area they are playing in to create exactly what you have said -- a newbie kill-zone!  Players have long since realized that a new player can spawn in the place of any particular speck of food, this for a big player, spraying out a little mass ensures them of seeing more newbies spawned nearby to them, for their killing pleasure.

Perhaps if Sora changed the formula for choosing an area to respawn in from a likely one-to-one mapping, according to the bits of food in existence, to a more general formula splitting the map into regions (ie: the A1 through E5 grid), and just randomly choosing a bit of food in that region to respawn a player instead, this will weaken the effect of the "kill zone" enough so that large players no longer find it beneficial to part with some of their mass, so that they can cultivate more victims for their slaughterfest.
I suppose so, but sometimes players are just Arses, eating you for no reason at all, and another problem that I mentioned above was that the spawn-areas are so incredibly close to another player that when your cell moves literally anywhere, you die bc that person's mass overwhelms you, I suppose Sora could change the code for the distance into certain amounts of separation, enough that the kill zone will be weakened and you won't break your keyboard over players.

Side note: I realize that my Signature looks like Breakfast's sig but I have no intend to copy off, I was hungry bc we ran out of food so...my thought process is interesting I agree.

I have also been thinking about this recently. I always lag in the first few seconds after spawning, so sometimes I am constantly running straight into big players as soon as I spawn, and I have no way of controlling it. Then, after about 5 deaths or so, I get an ad. In the end, it takes over a minute just to get in the game again. lol
(07-06-2020, 03:07 AM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: I have also been thinking about this recently. I always lag in the first few seconds after spawning, so sometimes I am constantly running straight into big players as soon as I spawn, and I have no way of controlling it. Then, after about 5 deaths or so, I get an ad. In the end, it takes over a minute just to get in the game again. lol

You just reminded me, yes right after I spawn, there is a bit of lag in the servers due to the number of people playing or poor connection between the client and the server, or insufficient Hardware, either way, we cannot control our cell no matter what..