Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ping Players in Chat
There should be a feature to ping specific players in the chat! Here are some situations where this may come in handy:
  1. When the chat gets extremely chaotic and any new messages get buried withing seconds.
  2. When a player wants to turn off the chat without worrying about ignoring someone trying to talk to them.
  3. When a player gets so much into the game that they just completely ignore the chat.
Players would be able to right-click someones name and select Ping Player, and it would send them a sound notification. Typing /p in a Party/Private chat could also ping everyone in the party or that specific user. The option to receive pings would be enabled by default, but players could turn it off. This setting could maybe even reset whenever the game is re-opened (just like the minion panel lol), you know, just in case. Smile
(05-30-2020, 07:02 AM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: There should be a feature to ping specific players in the chat! Here are some situations where this may come in handy:
  1. When the chat gets extremely chaotic and any new messages get buried withing seconds.
  2. When a player wants to turn off the chat without worrying about ignoring someone trying to talk to them.
  3. When a player gets so much into the game that they just completely ignore the chat.
Players would be able to right-click someones name and select Ping Player, and it would send them a sound notification. Typing /ping in a Party/Private chat could also ping everyone in the party or that specific user. The option to receive pings would be enabled by default, but players could turn it off. This setting could maybe even reset whenever the game is re-opened (just like the minion panel lol), you know, just in case. Smile

This would not be as easy to do as it might sound. And you couldn't expect it to be foolproof anyways.

If you say something directed at someone, and they have croaked just before you hit 'Enter' whether there's an @ mention option or not, they will never-ever see what you said.

It's not very feasible to add all kinds of overhead to the game to load a partial scrollback buffer of the server's 'chat' so that you can avoid this. It just makes sense to use a better communication tool if you want to play the game and simultaneously be in communication with your partners/teammates. Using Discord for audio chat while playing real-time with your friends in another window is perfect. You can communicate hands-free, and saying something to them won't be the next 'cause of death' for you in Agma.

(And stop saying 'PING'! Ping is a network tool, not some stupid way of alerting a player that someone is trying to talk to them! I don't mean to blow up at you; this is a pet peeve of mine, and everyone does it, so consider me as addressing everyone with this point!)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • DoctorFinkle
(05-30-2020, 01:12 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 07:02 AM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: There should be a feature to ping specific players in the chat! Here are some situations where this may come in handy:
Players would be able to right-click someones name and select Ping Player, and it would send them a sound notification. Typing /ping in a Party/Private chat could also ping everyone in the party or that specific user. The option to receive pings would be enabled by default, but players could turn it off. This setting could maybe even reset whenever the game is re-opened (just like the minion panel lol), you know, just in case. Smile

This would not be as easy to do as it might sound. And you couldn't expect it to be foolproof anyways.

If you say something directed at someone, and they have croaked just before you hit 'Enter' whether there's an @ mention option or not, they will never-ever see what you said.

It's not very feasible to add all kinds of overhead to the game to load a partial scrollback buffer of the server's 'chat' so that you can avoid this. It just makes sense to use a better communication tool if you want to play the game and simultaneously be in communication with your partners/teammates. Using Discord for audio chat while playing real-time with your friends in another window is perfect. You can communicate hands-free, and saying something to them won't be the next 'cause of death' for you in Agma.

(And stop saying 'PING'!  Ping is a network tool, not some stupid way of alerting a player that someone is trying to talk to them! I don't mean to blow up at you; this is a pet peeve of mine, and everyone does it, so consider me as addressing everyone with this point!)
yep, i got ur point, but its still good if we can ping ppl in chat somehow, i know its hard btw.
i eat sumuri's :O
[-] The following 1 user Likes xmaster's post:
  • DoctorFinkle
lol ping is also like a thingy for lag
^o^