Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Way to Distinguish Multiple Spectators and Agma.io Players
The chat can get very confusing when there are multiple unnamed players and spectators talking at once. Maybe each of these players could have a unique code at the end of their names such as Spectator #2Aw5 or Agma.io Player #e7hQ. This code should include letters for efficiency. Only including numbers supplies 10,000 different codes while a base-62 system including both capital and lowercase letters has 14,776,336 different codes. This many codes would likely not be necessary, but it would just make players easier to distinguish. There could also be an icon similar to the crowns and donator signs to indicate that the player is legitimate and not just an impersonator. These codes could reset every 24 hours after the Server Restart. Also, when an Agma.io Player dies, they should keep their Agma.io Player label instead of changing to Spectator, this usually gets confusing.
[-] The following 2 users Like DoctorFinkle's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, QueenOfQueens
(05-12-2020, 09:17 PM)DoctorFinkle Wrote: The chat can get very confusing when there are multiple unnamed players and spectators talking at once. Maybe each of these players could have a unique code at the end of their names such as Spectator #2Aw5 or Agma.io Player #e7hQ. This code should include letters for efficiency. Only including numbers supplies 10,000 different codes while a base-62 system including both capital and lowercase letters has 14,776,336 different codes. This many codes would likely not be necessary, but it would just make players easier to distinguish. There could also be an icon similar to the crowns and donator signs to indicate that the player is legitimate and not just an impersonator. These codes could reset every 24 hours after the Server Restart. Also, when an Agma.io Player dies, they should keep their Agma.io Player label instead of changing to Spectator, this usually gets confusing.

This is a great idea! It could not only be used for spectators, but everyone, it could be used as a way to tell people trying to fake another player, and that player apart.

I’m typing up a thread that includes a similar idea (numbers at the end of a name), just know, I’m not trying to copy you..the numbers are actually there for a different reason in mine. Just wanted to let you know. 

But great idea!
Julia.#7089 On Discord (:
Heart
[-] The following 2 users Like QueenOfQueens's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, DoctorFinkle
(05-12-2020, 09:28 PM)QueenOfQueens Wrote: This is a great idea! It could not only be used for spectators, but everyone, it could be used as a way to tell people trying to fake another player, and that player apart.

I’m typing up a thread that includes a similar idea (numbers at the end of a name), just know, I’m not trying to copy you..the numbers are actually there for a different reason in mine. Just wanted to let you know. 

But great idea!

The codes for named players might have to be permanent. If there someone is faking another player but the real player was not online yet, others might not know. Great idea!
[-] The following 1 user Likes DoctorFinkle's post:
  • QueenOfQueens
(05-13-2020, 12:22 PM)samira Wrote: 1. Probably every player has an internal ID already. Simply a number, probably, that is unique to each server and when a server is restarted it starts at 1 again. This number could be displayed.
2. The icon - well okay but how would it be decided if a player is legit?
3. Yes the player name should always be displayed; there is absolutely no reason to make the spectator have a generic name at first.

The icon would be for specifically for unnamed players, so that if some actually names themselves “Spectator,” the icon would not show up and they would clearly be fake. For other players, I think the best thing is to inform other players that you can view other players’ profiles! You would be surprised at how many people say “how do you know?” when I know someone’s username, that was me not too long ago.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DoctorFinkle's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
(05-13-2020, 12:22 PM)samira Wrote: 1. Probably every player has an internal ID already. Simply a number, probably, that is unique to each server and when a server is restarted it starts at 1 again. This number could be displayed.
2. The icon - well okay but how would it be decided if a player is legit?
3. Yes the player name should always be displayed; there is absolutely no reason to make the spectator have a generic name at first.

The icon could be displayed for people that a lot of people know about such as magma, beetle, and so on. The admins /mods would either have to dm those people asking for their username or something like that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clix Agma YT's post:
  • DoctorFinkle
Yeah, it is hard to tell if people have their profiles disabled with the same name. There should be better numbers or letters for instance names like 1 kd3 or something like this. Some people could say anything and get away with it like that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Semphic's post:
  • DoctorFinkle
(05-14-2020, 09:55 PM)Semphic Wrote: Yeah, it is hard to tell if people have their profiles disabled with the same name. There should be better numbers or letters for instance names like 1 kd3 or something like this. Some people could say anything and get away with it like that.

Exactly. Part of the problem is that many people are not even aware that they can view other players' profiles. A few months ago, my friend had a faker who was usually on at a time when he was sleeping so I had to explain to several players how to view the faker's profile by double-clicking the name in the chat.