Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Agma.io Updates - May 2020
Tongue 
[Image: vs5EzwC.png]

Agma.io Update May 2020
[Image: hczTXFi.png][Image: wheel_fortune6.png?v=2]
Welcome to the summary of today's agma.io update!
What's new?

Improved spectate
  • You can now spectate a specific player by clicking on that player with your mouse, in spectate mode.
  • Alternatively you can right click the player and select "Spectate player"
  • Spectating in "free-roam" mode (press Q while in spectate mode) moves faster and smoother than before
  • Less lag when spectating
Animated skins
  • Animated skins are now ready to be used in agma, but no skins have officially been released for use yet. The shiruken skin is visible in the agma shop, but only a number of users have been granted access to it for testing purposes. The skin will likely be released as a premium skin sometime soon. Animated skins will be rare, as we don't want many users to have them in game. It may annoy some users, and cause lag if too many people use them - that's why we also added the new optional setting to turn off skin animations.

New Settings
  • 2 new settings to show/hide cell animations (like /spin/shake/wacky/flip and skin animations, the display of animated skins
Improved connection to gameservers
  • There should now be an improved connection to gameservers for most users, this means more stable gameplay with less disconnects or other sudden unwanted events. Please notify if any issues occur.
Battle Royale 2x coin rewards!
  • Double coin rewards on all battle royale servers!
  • 2nd reward as of 10 players (instead of 20) and 3rd reward  as of 20 players (instead of 30)
Respawning not possible after 30 seconds
  • After users complained about players respawning and "deleting" mass being annoying, the respawn after 30 seconds was disabled.
New spinning wheel image
  • New spin wheel image submitted by HutDude!
Other fixes
  • Multiple other adjustments and minor fixes

Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
Nice update, I like the wheel and the 2x coin rewards on battle royale servers! The spectate feature is finally added and it is really nice to use when you spectate friends Smile
The respawn thing isn't really good in my opinion because if I "die" on for example Gigantic, and have around 100 mass or so, I cannot split, I move suuuuper slowly and if the server is empty it will take so long to find someone to kill me, it is quicker reloading the page or log into an alt account then log back into your main
My discord is alexx#4007
[Image: unknown.png]

Rest in piece Fidget Spinner skin
[-] The following 9 users Like xRENDEx's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, BUBALU, Clankstar, eltoxico, fisa, HutDude, nocarm, Sora, Tonyagma
(05-01-2020, 08:57 PM)Sora Wrote:

Agma.io Update May 2020
What's new?

Improved spectate
  • You can now spectate a specific player by clicking on that player with your mouse, in spectate mode.
  • Spectating in "free-roam" mode (press Q while in spectate mode) moves faster and smoother than before
Animated skins
  • Animated skins are now ready to be used in agma, but no skins have officially been released for use yet.The shiruken skin is visible in the agma shop, but only a number of users have been granted access to it for testing purposes. The skin will likely be released as a premium skin sometime soon. Animated skins will be rare, as we don't want many users to have them in game. It may annoy some users, and cause lag if too many people use them - that's why we also added the new optional setting to turn off skin aniomatins.

New Settings
  • 2 new settings to show/hide cell animations (like /spin/shake/wacky/flip and skin animations, the display of animated skins
  • There should now be an improved connection to gameservers for most users, this means more stable gameplay with less disconnects or other sudden unwanted events. Please notify if any issues occur.
  • 2nd reward as of 10 players (instead of 20) and 3rd reward  as of 20 players (instead of 30)
  • After users complained about players respawning and "deleting" mass being annoying, the respawn after 30 seconds was disabled.
New spinning wheel image
Other fixes

I love to see so much being done, and a variety of features added!
Sleepy Life is good for you, because somebody out there has it worse. Sleepy
|
|
|
 But life is short, so enjoy what you have and don't worry about what you don't have 
[-] The following 4 users Like Poison's post:
  • fisa, HutDude, nocarm, Sora

Agma.io Update May 2020
What's new?

Improved spectate
Animated skins
  • Animated skins are now ready to be used in agma, but no skins have officially been released for use yet.The shiruken skin is visible in the agma shop, but only a number of users have been granted access to it for testing purposes. The skin will likely be released as a premium skin sometime soon. Animated skins will be rare, as we don't want many users to have them in game. It may annoy some users, and cause lag if too many people use them - that's why we also added the new optional setting to turn off skin aniomatins.

New Settings
New spinning wheel image
Other fixes

@Sora I don't know if its because of the update, but I keep getting disconncected every 30 second. It happend all day. Can you please fix it? (I also sent you a DM about it)
[-] The following 2 users Like Lazaro's post:
  • HutDude, nocarm
Improved spectate

Sora, you read my mind! I have actually been planning to make a thread on this exact subject.

Also, I think that the 30-second rule for respawning is a good improvement, but not the best solution. Most players respawn out of cowardice, not simply because they spawned in a less-than-ideal location. In Crazy NA, it is very common to join a battle within 5-10 seconds of spawning and it can be difficult to get mass because more than 90% of players on that server respawn when they are about to lose (not an exaggeration). This is also common in Battle Royale servers.

I think that if a player respawns, his/her mass should not be deleted, but instead be left as dead mass, as if that player was frozen. There should also be a maximum mass at which a player can respawn. This would be to prevent players trolling a server by repeatedly farming mass and respawning and filling up the map with dead blobs. This limit could maybe be 110% of the standard starting mass.

I also agree with @xRENDEx that it can be frustrating not being able to respawn when really tiny. Having a mass limit rather than a time limit would solve this problem.

Thanks for the update! Wink
[-] The following 4 users Like DoctorFinkle's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, fisa, HutDude, namlee2k9
I'm glad to hear that a bunch of things got changed today, that help to make the game greater!

If the people complaining about the respawning are just mad that they couldn't off themselves before the person chasing them caught up and ate most/all of them, then I say, "Hah! To the victor goes the spoils!"

And I wanted to throw up a cheer for Sora, because he did one more thing for the game that he didn't talk about in his update.

It wasn't a change in the way the game works, so it has no bearing on this post that way, but was a bonus for people looking for a level playing field. Today, the latest batch of the greatest offenders of the "Never share your password" rule lost their accounts suddenly, without any chance of recouping anything, and removing those account names from among the many who believe in doing things by the book!.

Hopefully a few more people start to read what it says to you, every time that you log into the game, and start to listen, and follow this as a rule!

"Please do not share your password with anyone, and don't enter it anywhere else than on agma.io!"
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, fisa
(05-01-2020, 08:57 PM)Sora, to be honest, this new update is really cool and we r waiting for new animated skins! But, new thing with respawning after 30 seconds.. In my opinion its such a bad idea, you have to think about it and do something, because for exaple, it\s unreal to play on all server, because when someone eat you and you got 100-200(small count of mass), it's so hard to got eaten. This thing almost like in gota. Waiting for new updates and fixes~Fam Wrote:

Agma.io Update May 2020
What's new?

Improved spectate
Animated skins

New Settings
New spinning wheel image
Other fixes

Yay, my wheel is out now!
I agree with @xRENDEx and @DoctorFinkle about the new repawn thing; maybe you could introduce a feature that the mass exists for 5 more seconds after Respawning but the player is able to respawn; or not a time Limit but a Mass limit , for that u cant respawn with more than 20k mass on Gig servers (for other server ofc other ammount of mass).

But the new Spectate setup is very helpful!
Music can't save the earth. But your soul.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HutDude's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
(05-01-2020, 09:07 PM)xRENDEx Wrote: Nice update, I like the wheel and the 2x coin rewards on battle royale servers! The spectate feature is finally added and it is really nice to use when you spectate friends Smile
The respawn thing isn't really good in my opinion because if I "die" on for example Gigantic, and have around 100 mass or so, I cannot split, I move suuuuper slowly and if the server is empty it will take so long to find someone to kill me, it is quicker reloading the page or log into an alt account then log back into your main

+1
I suggest making a mass respawn limit instead of this 30 seconds respawn limit.
For example, i can respawn only if I have less than 10k mass or 20k if player has a gold status (or without this gold status slack).

Sorry for my bad english, I just told you my opinion.
--------
Best wishes, Wynell
[-] The following 2 users Like Wynell's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, HutDude
Thanks for the update it was really needed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nocarm's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
(05-02-2020, 04:59 PM)samira Wrote: It is good to see a somehow big update!

Interesting, I recetly considered coding a "follow palyer "function but thought it would be to quirky to do it client side. And well, here it is, server-side. Nice!
I'm eager to see if people will abuse it to spüy on other palyers... i hope they won't and that this feature can be kept in, because it's  really conveneit if you want to spectate a person. Smile

The most annoying thing is when I am spectating an intense battle and suddenly the player in the portal gets #1. Sad
This is a great feature! Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like DoctorFinkle's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, HutDude, Sora
ive literally been waiting for focus spectating since i started. im crying. i can now look at someone.
[Image: SAD_JAJA.gif]
agma bots go brrr
[-] The following 3 users Like Cubi's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, ial22, Sora
(05-02-2020, 04:59 PM)samira Wrote: It is good to see a somehow big update!

Interesting, I recetly considered coding a "follow palyer "function but thought it would be to quirky to do it client side. And well, here it is, server-side. Nice!
I'm eager to see if people will abuse it to spüy on other palyers... i hope they won't and that this feature can be kept in, because it's  really conveneit if you want to spectate a person. Smile

Animated skins? Well... I don't like the idea of privileges. Please make them available for all. Make they expensive if you have to. Idea

(05-02-2020, 01:11 PM)Wynell Wrote: I suggest making a mass respawn limit instead of this 30 seconds respawn limit.

Good idea; allow respawning at any time when the mass is less than the spawn mass!!  Idea

I was thinking about your 'spying' thought... If you block a player, it should block anyone from "following" you too, because that would be a very effective way of bullying someone in the game. Sad
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 4 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, DoctorFinkle, HutDude, Light*
Love the new update and the new features.
[-] The following 2 users Like Happy?'s post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026, HutDude
(05-05-2020, 05:33 AM)Happy? Wrote: Love the new update and the new features.

do you like the respawn setting?
Music can't save the earth. But your soul.