Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Probably this is irrelevant...
...but ever since I took notice of it, it has been bloody annoying to me and I want it to be gone! Argh!  Angel Shy Big Grin

So, when you go scroll through the homepage, there is a sub forum about Slither.io. You know, that game with the moving snakes? Yeah, right? It's still alive... errm... just like Agar.io...

But, whoever wrote the little text below this certain subforum, made a disappointing typo and I am more than happy to announce it. To bring it to the man, to bring it to the light. To make everyone aware of it.

"Wana" should be "Wanna". Yeah, that's it. It has been bothering me for weeks and I needed to find the courage, effort, time and security to write it down. And I did. I am more than proud of myself for doing so.

However, when not being able to fall asleep due to this mindblowing issue, I realised there's more behind this thing. "Wanna" is actually not correct either! It should be "Want to". "Wanna", namely, is an americanised version of "Want to" but in international places (which these forums could be considered as) British English is prefered and "Want to" happens to be the British version of "Wanna".

So, OK, long story short. Let's make it all clear now. There is a mistake, but to correct this mistake in its current shape, you actually have to make another mistake. I find that rather saddening. We should just get our minds together and decide whether we want to use americanised (wrong) English or British (correct) English on these forums. Then again, I am totally not sure if there are any other sorts of americanised English being used on these forums by the moderators themselves. At least not for the time being I have been here and have taken notice of it.

And that, my dear readers, is really it. I hope you have enjoyed reading about my essay about a typo and if anyone has any questions regarding this controversial problem, you are free to leave a comment or contact me about it in a personal message.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yugopolis's post:
  • Sora
If I change it now, your essay will not be valid. So now there is a legitimate reason to keep it "Wana".
By the way, you have a typo "prefered" -> "preferred".
Quote:British English is prefered and "Want to" happens 

Nobody's perfect, and I think that's a beauty.
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
[-] The following 2 users Like Sora's post:
  • Squirrel , YaGirlBantrr
(02-26-2019, 07:23 PM)Sora Wrote: If I change it now, your essay will not be valid. So now there is a legitimate reason to keep it "Wana".
By the way, you have a typo "prefered" -> "preferred".
Quote:British English is prefered and "Want to" happens 

Nobody's perfect, and I think that's a beauty.

I guess my non-nativeness is an excuse! "Wana" sounds Swahili to me, so yeah, that could be its charm hehe too Wink