Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Inserting Images Not Allowed?
What's with the forum not allowing images to be inserted into the posts?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cunina's post:
  • HAETROX366
(01-17-2019, 11:50 PM)Cunina Wrote: What's with the forum not allowing images to be inserted into the posts?

The Forums does not want the extra hassle of vetting people's umages for copywritten info... Thus, you CAN insert pics, but you have to find someplace else to host it.

Use one of the free hosting sites like Flickr or whatever. Avoid using the sites that make a shortened URL, because those messages might be deleted for having a suspicious link.

Run spot Run has a few threads kicking around with suggestions. Smile
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(01-18-2019, 07:00 AM)Squirrel Wrote: The Forums does not want the extra hassle of vetting people's umages for copywritten info... Thus, you CAN insert pics, but you have to find someplace else to host it.

Use one of the free hosting sites like Flickr or whatever. Avoid using the sites that make a shortened URL, because those messages might be deleted for having a suspicious link.

Run spot Run has a few threads kicking around with suggestions. Smile

Copyright material? Are you serious? Has anyone used forums before? Perhaps we should scrap 100's of thousands of forums ever conceived since 90's.

We are worried about copyrighted images but not COPPA which I haven't seen on Agma.io! #Priorities

If that's the case, why not just disable Add Attachment functionality all together?
(01-19-2019, 04:34 AM)Cunina Wrote: Copyright material? Are you serious? Has anyone used forums before? Perhaps we should scrap 100's of thousands of forums ever conceived since 90's.

We are worried about copyrighted images but not COPPA which I haven't seen on Agma.io! #Priorities

If that's the case, why not just disable Add Attachment functionality all together?

'COPPA' doesn't mean anything to me? Do I need to be enlightened? lol...

I'm not sure if the functionality can be easily disabled. I have used places that ran (run, lol) on MyBB before, but I've never set one up myself. I imagine that this was an easy way to get started. Get the domain name (agarioforums.net; nice & cheap)... put MyBB on it, not bandwidth intensive, free software, and boom -- your social media site is underway.

I don't sweat the small stuff.

I concentrate on reminding myself (and others) that everything they see here is provided free. (And we know it's not free to offer it.)
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • @Deletedacc21075026
(01-20-2019, 04:28 AM)Squirrel Wrote: 'COPPA' doesn't mean anything to me? Do I need to be enlightened? lol...

I'm not sure if the functionality can be easily disabled. I have used places that ran (run, lol) on MyBB before, but I've never set one up myself. I imagine that this was an easy way to get started. Get the domain name (agarioforums.net; nice & cheap)... put MyBB on it, not bandwidth intensive, free software, and boom -- your social media site is underway.

I concentrate on reminding myself (and others) that everything they see here is provided free. (And we know it's not free to offer it.)

Oh, Come'n! Never heard of COPPA -- The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act?

For a site (Agma.io, not this forum) that garners a lot of kids under 13, I'm surprised that this hasn't been brought up.

Occasionally when I chat, I might converse with other adults and slip a few things that president Trump might approve (*wink wink*), then realize there are kids around 10-12 reading it. I'm usually very mindful of what I say around my nieces and nephews, and if something slips up, internally I'm screaming ARGH!
(01-20-2019, 09:35 PM)Cunina Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 04:28 AM)Squirrel Wrote: 'COPPA' doesn't mean anything to me? Do I need to be enlightened? lol...

Oh, Come'n! Never heard of COPPA -- The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act?

For a site (Agma.io, not this forum) that garners a lot of kids under 13, I'm surprised that this hasn't been brought up.

Occasionally when I chat, I might converse with other adults and slip a few things that president Trump might approve (*wink wink*), then realize there are kids around 10-12 reading it. I'm usually very mindful of what I say around my nieces and nephews, and if something slips up, internally I'm screaming ARGH!

This is American legislation. I am Canadian, sooooo....
Fight the Good Fight
(01-21-2019, 03:47 AM)Squirrel Wrote: This is American legislation. I am Canadian, sooooo....

I was referring to Agma.io, not here. You indicated that copyright images might be an issue (which is real bizarre considering every other forum on the planet not worry dealing with this), and I just wanted to counter it with a more serious issue at hand, albeit somewhere else, assuming certain servers are being run out of American's data centers.
(01-26-2019, 08:18 AM)Cunina Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 03:47 AM)Squirrel Wrote: This is American legislation. I am Canadian, sooooo....

I was referring to Agma.io, not here. You indicated that copyright images might be an issue (which is real bizarre considering every other forum on the planet not worry dealing with this), and I just wanted to counter it with a more serious issue at hand, albeit somewhere else, assuming certain servers are being run out of American's data centers.

Based on it's IP address, back before it was always linked through CloudFlare, I do not believe that it is. (But Sora has never said, one way or another, so it's still possible.)
Fight the Good Fight
(01-27-2019, 06:10 AM)Squirrel Wrote: Based on it's IP address, back before it was always linked through CloudFlare, I do not believe that it is. (But Sora has never said, one way or another, so it's still possible.)

That shouldn't matter as the site sales services in the United States and the CDNs are located on American soils, so it is subjected to the U.S. laws. I was just being curious why the owner hasn't added that to the terms and conditions which practically everyone does it. The violators are usually punished severely.