Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agma.io Developers... Fix the F*cking Lag
Now that I got your attention, what gives guys?

I remember when I started playing Agma.io in early 2018, one of the main reasons I switched from my short tenure at Agar.io was that I found Agma.io to be lag-free and performing flawlessly. I was amazed how well and smoothly the game performed.

Fast forward a year later, with more servers and all, and the game has gone down the shitter.

It was claimed that the Agma's subscription has grown to 10's of thousands, so why not spend a little bit and boost the performance of the game.

It's morbidly lagged. EVERYONE in the game complains about it at one point or another. Don't ruin the game.

P.S. No comment about subscription please.
[-] The following 2 users Like Cunina's post:
  • Mark anthony, yukichan
(01-12-2019, 01:47 AM)Cunina Wrote: Fast forward a year later, with more servers and all, and the game has gone down the shitter.

It was claimed that the Agma's subscription has grown to 10's of thousands, so why not spend a little bit and boost the performance of the game.

It's morbidly lagged. EVERYONE in the game complains about it at one point or another. Don't ruin the game.

There are many reasons that you could be lagged.

But I can assure you, it's not everyone that is suffering from it.

The only two times I was experiencing lag, I discovered was because my son had left Fortnite logged in, in another window.

No need to swear at the developers for what is very likely YOUR problem, of your own doing.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 4 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Joanna, Mark anthony, Stefaniexx, yukichan
Well, agma's servers aren't the only one problem, lag also depends of your Computer performance (hardware...) , of how many players are in the map, if they use bots etc.

You can also turn off some settings like "Show skins" in the panel settings to reduce lags. For my part cause I mostly play in Crazy (a very laggy laggy server cause' of the number of players) it's what I do.
Adolf n'est pas devenu Hitler parce qu'il s'appelait Adolf, il se serait appelé Pépito ça aurait été pareil, on aurait juste dit "Heil Pépito" !

Change my looks but not my heart !
            - Italiano boi
[-] The following 3 users Like 7shoes's post:
  • Joanna, Squirrel , yukichan
(01-12-2019, 09:56 AM)7shoes Wrote: Well, agma's servers aren't the only one problem, lag also depends of your Computer performance (hardware...) , of how many players are in the map, of they use bots etc.

You can also turn off some settings like "Show skins" in the panel settings to reduce lags. For my part cause I mostly play in Crazy (à very laggy laggy serv' cause' of the number off players) it's what I do.
Well, it does depend on your hardware like, RAM and CPU (don't think agma requires a GPU to play). But it also relies on your Wi-Fi speed. And there are always settings to make agma more smooth.
Nothing is something, that makes something nothing.
[-] The following 5 users Like Nuke 's post:
  • I want to be staff, Joanna, Mark anthony, Stefaniexx, yukichan
Yup, I also mentioned that you can turn off some settings...
Adolf n'est pas devenu Hitler parce qu'il s'appelait Adolf, il se serait appelé Pépito ça aurait été pareil, on aurait juste dit "Heil Pépito" !

Change my looks but not my heart !
            - Italiano boi
[-] The following 4 users Like 7shoes's post:
  • I want to be staff, Joanna, Mark anthony, yukichan
(01-12-2019, 01:47 AM)Cunina Wrote: Now that I got your attention, what gives guys?

I remember when I started playing Agma.io in early 2018, one of the main reasons I switched from my short tenure at Agar.io was that I found Agma.io to be lag-free and performing flawlessly. I was amazed how well and smoothly the game performed.

Fast forward a year later, with more servers and all, and the game has gone down the shitter.

P.S. No comment about subscription please.

@Cunina i understand your frustration and i want you to know that we're putting a lot of effort in keeping the lag as low as possible.  We've also been working on new updates, which should come out soon, and part of these updates is to reduce the lag.

But as others have already mentioned lag can depend on many factors.  A lot depends on which server you play, how far that server is from your home location, and how many players are on that server.
The most likely cause of lag is network delays, but this is not always under our full control.  If you play on a server from another continent for instance, you're almost bound to get some lag.  The second most likely cause is slow rendering graphics, but this heavily depends on your own device setup.  Graphics lag can be limited by yourself by turning off some settings marked with *.  And there can be many other sources of lag.
So it's not always obvious why someone has lag.  Just mentioning 'fix the lag' doesn't really help much.  Next time specify on which server you had lag, at what time, etc. then maybe we could look it up.
[-] The following 9 users Like retslac's post:
  • Cunina, daniel12345, I want to be staff, Joanna, Mark anthony, SilverYT_official2, Sora, Squirrel , yukichan
I love how everyone is such an expert in knowing what my hardware specs are.

I run a bare bone browser (suppressing all scripts/plugins and running only the essential hosts) with NO other application running, monitoring disk, memory and network latency, etc. Have done it on multiple networks, in various regions and locations, and browsers. It's the global issue that a LOT of players complain about ALL the time (read the chat logs).

One day several servers run ok, next day, same number of players, on different OS', no bots, equal settings, handful of servers lag, but others don't. I constantly ask other players to report their status, and it's bad all over place.

The browser's CPU usage rarely goes over 12% (2.5 Ghz i7) and memory usage usually hovers around 1 GB (16 GB total). The bandwidth is 300 MB/s on average, and no, I don't stream ANYTHING. I'm always on a wired connection for crying out loud.

A year ago, same set of systems, same type of browsers, same group of ISPs, same settings, no issue. Over time, starting mid year, progressively the game has gotten slow. You can see people talk about it in the chats all the time.

I have done performance analysis for massive enterprise systems. It's not my first rodeo. It's the game. Period.

P.S. @Nuke It doesn't need to, but your GPU can get involved (mine does). But same issue with your turn off hardware/3D accelerations.

@7shoes Yes, turning off skins might help a bit, but the lag is still there. Almost all the skins are cached anyway (monitor your browser network and you'll see). I'm talking about servers with less than 50 players in them.

(01-12-2019, 08:37 PM)@retslac Wrote: @Cunina i understand your frustration and i want you to know that we're putting a lot of effort in keeping the lag as low as possible.  We've also been working on new updates, which should come out soon, and part of these updates is to reduce the lag.

But as others have already mentioned lag can depend on many factors.  A lot depends on which server you play, how far that server is from your home location, and how many players are on that server.
The most likely cause of lag is network delays, but this is not always under our full control.  If you play on a server from another continent for instance, you're almost bound to get some lag.  The second most likely cause is slow rendering graphics, but this heavily depends on your own device setup.  Graphics lag can be limited by yourself by turning off some settings marked with *.  And there can be many other sources of lag.
So it's not always obvious why someone has lag.  Just mentioning 'fix the lag' doesn't really help much.  Next time specify on which server you had lag, at what time, etc. then maybe we could look it up.

Thanks for your contribution. At last someone with a bit of sense.

I would be happy to wait to see how the new updates are going to address lagging.

Agma obviously is using CDN, but indeed, there are other factors. I have monitored latency between my network (at various places) with Agma. My analysis as done comparatively on the same group of servers. One day is moderately ok, the following several days, the lag is bad. Same criteria across the board, even with different systems, browsers, networks, etc... 

And yes, playing on different continent servers are most likely to incur network latencies (I can test that with VPNs in different regions). My complain even extends to playing servers on the same continent. Heck, I have played Agma in half a dozen states, everywhere from up and down the East coast and central. Same issue.

To answer your last statement: almost ALL the Gigantic/Giga/Giant servers on ALL regions, regardless of the time of the day. Sometimes it runs moderately ok, other times, it just sputters.
[-] The following 2 users Like Cunina's post:
  • I want to be staff, Joanna
(01-12-2019, 08:58 PM)Cunina Wrote: I love how everyone is such an expert in knowing what my hardware specs are.

I run a bare bone browser (suppressing all scripts/plugins and running only the essential hosts) with NO other application running, monitoring disk, memory and network latency, etc. Have done it on multiple networks, in various regions and locations, and browsers. It's the global issue that a LOT of players complain about ALL the time (read the chat logs).

One day several servers run ok, next day, same number of players, on different OS', no bots, equal settings, handful of servers lag, but others don't. I constantly ask other players to report their status, and it's bad all over place.

The browser's CPU usage rarely goes over 12% (2.5 Ghz i7) and memory usage usually hovers around 1 GB (16 GB total). The bandwidth is 300 MB/s on average, and no, I don't stream ANYTHING. I'm always on a wired connection for crying out loud.

A year ago, same set of systems, same type of browsers, same group of ISPs, same settings, no issue. Over time, starting mid year, progressively the game has gotten slow. You can see people talk about it in the chats all the time.

I have done performance analysis for massive enterprise systems. It's not my first rodeo. It's the game. Period.

P.S. @Nuke It doesn't need to, but your GPU can get involved (mine does). But same issue with your turn off hardware/3D accelerations.

@7shoes Yes, turning off skins might help a bit, but the lag is still there. Almost all the skins are cached anyway (monitor your browser network and you'll see). I'm talking about servers with less than 50 players in them.

(01-12-2019, 08:37 PM)@retslac Wrote: @Cunina i understand your frustration and i want you to know that we're putting a lot of effort in keeping the lag as low as possible.  We've also been working on new updates, which should come out soon, and part of these updates is to reduce the lag.

I would be happy to wait to see how the new updates are going to address lagging.

Agma obviously is using CDN, but indeed, there are other factors. I have monitored latency between my network (at various places) with Agma. My analysis as done comparatively on the same group of servers. One day is moderately ok, the following several days, the lag is bad. Same criteria across the board, even with different systems, browsers, networks, etc... 

And yes, playing on different continent servers are most likely to incur network latencies (I can test that with VPNs in different regions). My complain even extends to playing servers on the same continent. Heck, I have played Agma in half a dozen states, everywhere from up and down the East coast and central. Same issue.

To answer your last statement: almost ALL the Gigantic/Giga/Giant servers on ALL regions, regardless of the time of the day. Sometimes it runs moderately ok, other times, it just sputters.

Ok, that's a more detailed explanation.

The cause of the lag you describe is likely because of the increased amount of players we have and therefore the increased amount of data we need to transfer.  We had already been planning to do something about this.  But it requires an entirely new architecture on the back-end.  So this is not yet included in the upcoming update but it is planned for the next update.  The current update already tries to keep this type of lag to a minimum, along with improvements for some other types of lag, but it will not be completely eliminated.
[-] The following 5 users Like retslac's post:
  • Cunina, I want to be staff, Joanna, Squirrel , YaGirlBantrr
(01-14-2019, 09:07 PM)retslac Wrote: Ok, that's a more detailed explanation.

The cause of the lag you describe is likely because of the increased amount of players we have and therefore the increased amount of data we need to transfer.  We had already been planning to do something about this.  But it requires an entirely new architecture on the back-end.  So this is not yet included in the upcoming update but it is planned for the next update.  The current update already tries to keep this type of lag to a minimum, along with improvements for some other types of lag, but it will not be completely eliminated.

Eliminate lag....

What?!

Are you a magician??!?!?

(lol)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 4 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • I want to be staff, Joanna, Mark anthony, yukichan
Cunina Wrote:
I love how everyone is such an expert in knowing what my hardware specs are.

(01-12-2019, 08:37 PM)@retslac Wrote:
@Cunina i understand your frustration and i want you to know that we're putting a lot of effort in keeping the lag as low as possible. We've also been working on new updates, which should come out soon, and part of these updates is to reduce the lag.

But as others have already mentioned lag can depend on many factors. A lot depends on which server you play, how far that server is from your home location, and how many players are on that server.
The most likely cause of lag is network delays, but this is not always under our full control. If you play on a server from another continent for instance, you're almost bound to get some lag. The second most likely cause is slow rendering graphics, but this heavily depends on your own device setup. Graphics lag can be limited by yourself by turning off some settings marked with *. And there can be many other sources of lag.
So it's not always obvious why someone has lag. Just mentioning 'fix the lag' doesn't really help much. Next time specify on which server you had lag, at what time, etc. then maybe we could look it up.

[Image: tumblr_nmtb8tkF9s1si4e7ko1_500.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like yukichan's post:
  • I want to be staff, Joanna, Mark anthony
(01-12-2019, 08:37 PM)@retslac Wrote: Ok, that's a more detailed explanation.

Awesome. We'll wait and see. Do you know by any chance when the scheduled release date is going to be?

(01-15-2019, 07:31 AM)yukichan Wrote: @Cunina i understand your frustration and i want you to know that we're putting a lot of effort in keeping the lag as low as possible.  We've also been working on new updates, which should come out soon, and part of these updates is to reduce the lag.

I'll make sure to run my analysis once the update is pushed out. Thanks.
[-] The following 3 users Like Cunina's post:
  • Joanna, Sarah123, yukichan
(01-16-2019, 04:21 AM)Cunina Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 08:37 PM)@retslac Wrote: Ok, that's a more detailed explanation.

Awesome. We'll wait and see. Do you know by any chance when the scheduled release date is going to be?

(01-15-2019, 07:31 AM)yukichan Wrote: @Cunina i understand your frustration and i want you to know that we're putting a lot of effort in keeping the lag as low as possible.  We've also been working on new updates, which should come out soon, and part of these updates is to reduce the lag.

I'll make sure to run my analysis once the update is pushed out. Thanks.
ok
[Image: tumblr_nmtb8tkF9s1si4e7ko1_500.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like yukichan's post:
  • Joanna, Sarah123
I appreciate what you share in the post. Thanks to your post, I have gained a lot of new and useful knowledge. slope
Do you really understand what they are saying? I'm not sure
Hello! Using