Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BurstShot! New Powerup??
Star 
Again, thought this would be an interesting powerup, its called BurstShot. What this would allow you to do is shoot 3 virus at the same time, in a short burst. Let the popping begin Smile  This wouldn't have duration but your limited to a certain # of uses per day. Great for popping multiple enemies, and far range shots!

Pros:
* Popping multiple enemies  
* Far Range shots

Cons:
* Lots of viruses going across the map
* Could backfire, and you pop your own cell

What are your thoughts? Would this be interesting or annoying.
Lifetime supporter & Lifetime member for:  

Special Thanks to, @Sora & @retslac

[Image: agmalogo_a.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Owl 's post:
  • Sora
(11-04-2018, 02:23 PM)Owl Wrote: Again, thought this would be an interesting powerup, its called BurstShot. What this would allow you to do is shoot 3 virus at the same time, in a short burst. Let the popping begin Smile  This wouldn't have duration but your limited to a certain # of uses per day. Great for popping multiple enemies, and far range shots!

Pros:
* Popping multiple enemies  
* Far Range shots

Cons:
* Lots of viruses going across the map
* Could backfire, and you pop your own cell

What your thoughts? Would this be interesting or annoying.

In some variants, you can already use a single virus to pump out a stream of them, so I'm not sure if this idea is really viable? Also, in situations where you only have one virus to work with, I think it would be more of a programming challenge to deal with this (what max amount of time do you have to set off all 3 of your viruses?)

I have a feeling that some variants iof the game had specific types of virus-movementes pre thought out, and that this type of powerup would be too strong, and affect the whole way a certain type of server could be played. People who like that server, might instantly not like it as much with this new powerup.

So for these reasons, I myself wouldn't even attempt to do this one.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Sora
@Squirrel Was an interesting idea tho

Cool idea, but as Squirrel says it's already possible in a way. You can achieve a similar effect by dropping a virus from your inventory right infront of you, and then feeding it to shoot.
But there's actually an idea similar to this that might get implemented. It has to do with shooting a multiplying spike. The result would be similar to one of a normal virus, but it would be less controllable, more randomized and have a cool looking effect.
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
[-] The following 2 users Like Sora's post:
  • Owl , Squirrel
(11-05-2018, 10:07 PM)Sora Wrote: Cool idea, but as Squirrel says it's already possible in a way. You can achieve a similar effect by dropping a virus from your inventory right infront of you, and then feeding it to shoot.
But there's actually an idea similar to this that might get implemented. It has to do with shooting a multiplying spike. The result would be similar to one of a normal virus, but it would be less controllable, more randomized and have a cool looking effect.

Sounds really interesting! Can’t wait to see what’s implemented in the game.

(11-05-2018, 10:07 PM)Sora Wrote: Cool idea, but as Squirrel says it's already possible in a way. You can achieve a similar effect by dropping a virus from your inventory right infront of you, and then feeding it to shoot.

A MIRV virus!!

Wow, yeah, I can see my jaw dropping the first time that I see that!  lol!!

(It's been so long since I last used 'MIRV', I forgot what it stood for. We'll have to remove the 'I', or pretend that they were all made by Iran. :| But the effect should look about the same. Kind of like fireworks. lol... Multiple Independently-targetable Reentry Vehicle)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
Im not so sure about the mriv term lmao
But i love that new idea of yours sora
Appreciates rep points.
A lot.