Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun Python Challenges - Easy Pt. 1
Question 

Challenge:

Using the Python language, have the function FirstFactorial(num) take the num parameter being passed and return the factorial of it (e.g. if num = 4, return (4 * 3 * 2 * 1))

So basically this challenge, wants us to return the factorial of a given number! 

For those of you who don't know a Factorial a Number(N) N-1 which is multipyed by N-2 and so on until you reach 1.

A Quick Example, The factorial of 4 is 4*3*2*1=24

So given this code below, we'll create a New Variable called Factorial, We'll use this to store our Values as we loop. In our loop we'll start at 1 and increase until we reach our Variable Num.
Code:
function FirstFactorial(num) {

var factorial = 1;

for (var i = 1; i <= num; i++) {  
   // multiply each number between 1 and num  
   // factorial = 1 * 1 = 1
   // factorial = 1 * 2 = 2
   // factorial = 2 * 3 = 6
   // factorial = 6 * 4 = 24
   // ...
   factorial = factorial * i;
 }

return factorial;

}

FirstFactorial(4);    
A fun way to find out the Factorial is to create a, Recursive Function.
For those who don't know, A recursive function calls itself some number of times until the point that it achieves a condition that ends the function calls.

A factorial function can be represented to by the accompanying recursive terms:
1! = 1
2! = 1! * 2
3! = 2! * 3
4! = 3! * 4
5! = 4! * 5

We can see that every factorial depends on the past factorial, and afterward it increases that number by the present number. We'll change over these recursive terms into the accompanying function:
Code:
function FirstFactorial(num) {

// our factorial function
 function factorial(n) {

// terminate the recursion once we hit zero
   if (n===0) { return 1; }

// otherwise keep calling the function recursively
   else { return factorial(n-1) * n; }

}

return factorial(num);

}

FirstFactorial(4);      

*NOTE* This may run slow if you calculate the factorial of a large number

If this happens there's an option called "Memoization" But we'll discuss that in Part 2 Smile
Lifetime supporter & Lifetime member for:  

Special Thanks to, @Sora & @retslac

[Image: agmalogo_a.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Owl 's post:
  • Squirrel
(08-09-2018, 01:10 AM)Owl Wrote:

Challenge:

Using the Python language, have the function FirstFactorial(num) take the num parameter being passed and return the factorial of it (e.g. if num = 4, return (4 * 3 * 2 * 1))

I heartily approve!

Although, of course, I would chose to use the Pathological Eclectic Rubbish Lister instead. Wink

I mean, which would you trust more?? A snake? Or someone who calls a spade a spade?

(That name for PERL was coined by the one & only Larry Wall.) Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Owl
That's interesting! I just started learning Python. I combine work and study and I found service that can write papers for you at https://www.customwritings.com/ to sav my time. It is useful service for grammar check, proofreading and homework help online. I think such services are great option for students who need help with paper works.
Using the Python language, have the function FirstFactorial(num) take the num parameter being passed and return the factorial of it (e.g. if num = 4, return (4 * 3 * 2 * 1))

I heartily approve!

I just started learning Python. I combine work and study and I found service that can write papers for you at https://www.customwritings.com/ to sav my time. It is useful service for grammar check, proofreading and homework help online.