Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did or do you have broken bones, How ?
Tongue 
Title Says It All, Did You Ever Have Broken Bones? If Yes Then How.

I Myself Have Broken 4 From Varies Sports
Lifetime supporter & Lifetime member for:  

Special Thanks to, @Sora & @retslac

[Image: agmalogo_a.png]
I have never broken a bone, concussion on the other hand is a different story.
[Image: Nitehawk_Sig.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nitehawk's post:
  • Owl
(04-07-2018, 10:56 PM)Nitehawk Wrote: I have never broken a bone, concussion on the other hand is a different story.

Indeed

(04-07-2018, 05:15 PM)Owl Wrote: Title Says It All, Did You Ever Have Broken Bones? If Yes Then How.

I Myself Have Broken 4 From Varies Sports

I have had one, I'm pretty sure.

I was helping a good friend of mine move out of her place -- she had to vacate by the end of the day, and it was just myself and one other person who was able to help her. During the day, we moved all the small stuff that we could using her car, and then in the evening, a guy that coincidentally, is now one of my bosses at work came by with a truck, and we moved all the big stuff.

One of the last things we unloaded was this ancient old TV console -- the sort that was a CRT (huge), and encased in wood to look like a nice piece of furniture.

We were both so tired then... it ended up hopping off the 2 wheel dolly we were trying to use to move it, and landed right on the big toe of my foot. It hurt like hell & swelled up to 2x its size, so pretty sure it was broken. But I just sucked it up. Thay can't really do much for that anyhow.

A year or two later, she was the Best Man at my wedding. Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
Looks Like Stories Do Have A Happy Ever After

I'm a pretty active person...That being said I've had some pretty good bang-ups. Several broken ribs (those are easy, mostly rough and tumble with friends and once in a fight), 2 broken fingers; one from skating and the other from the aforementioned fight, broken collar bone from a bicycle crash, broken nose; once again from skating. There are a couple other less interesting ones, but I also broke my radius and ulna just above my wrist once from riding a chairlift down a hill after removing the safety cable and brake...that was fun, and now I have a crooked left wrist lol...I blame it all on being left handed (and possibly stupid)!
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • Squirrel
(04-08-2018, 04:23 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: I'm a pretty active person...That being said I've had some pretty good bang-ups. Several broken ribs (those are easy, mostly rough and tumble with friends and once in a fight), 2 broken fingers; one from skating and the other from the aforementioned fight, broken collar bone from a bicycle crash, broken nose; once again from skating. There are a couple other less interesting ones, but I also broke my radius and ulna just above my wrist once from riding a chairlift down a hill after removing the safety cable and brake...that was fun, and now I have a crooked left wrist lol...I blame it all on being left handed (and possibly stupid)!

Mannnn, after that story, I am so glad that I've never allowed someone to drag me out onto a patch of ice, wearing two dull knives glued on perpendicular to my boot soles.

(My balance is so poor, I just can't ride a bike, and there was no way I was going to try skating.)

But your theory about left-handedness is patentedly false!

I know a number of left-handed people, and most of them are more intelligent.
Fight the Good Fight
Interesting Stories, I Guess Its A Good Laughter To Look Back On

I bet there's more stories waiting to be told. lol

C'mon you guys! What did ya break?

We won't laugh at ya. :|
Fight the Good Fight
(04-08-2018, 02:52 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(04-07-2018, 05:28 PM)Owl Wrote: So far, I loved Wendy's 4 for $4 menu! A Jr. Classic Bacon Cheese, small fries, 4 nuggets, and a small drink. It's pretty much the best bang for the buck, that other chains are copying.

Burger King, on the other hand, while quality may vary, may steal this away. I enjoy their 2 for $5 all year. Despite being a ripoff of McDonalds deal that's only seasonal, it's still in effect all year.

So Sora, what are the best deals in your favorite fast food restaurant?

My favourite fast food, is a mom & pop's pizza joint that is not too far from work. It has Sri Lankan owners, and they employ mostly Sri Lankan people who took refuge in Canada, so it's sort of assisting some new Canadians...

They have two schools nearby, while makes for a lot of lunch-time traffic, and they sell a decent variety of slices (cheese, pepperoni, deluxe, veggie, hawaiian, meat lovers) all for $3.00! There's one of the big pizza chains in the same plaza, and their meat slice sells for almost twice as much, and is less generously topped.

Something that I noticed is, chains in different places have different prices.

Here in Canada, I really enjoy Wendy's for the quality of the food, but hardly ever go, because it costs more. You talk about a "Junior" burger, but mannnn... I am a rodent of unusual size! I like two burgers as a meal, nevermind a scaled-down one! (lol)

In the end...?

I think back on all the fast food I had while young.... if I'd eaten less than half the fast food that I had, I probably would be looking at more fun stuff that I now own, or had a chunk of savings for retirement.

It's so hard to do, when younger... but try to manage your money wisely, and make good decisions!

It's hard, because your surroundings is full of people trying to make jobs and products, so that they have work, and they work hard to make you want to spend all of your money. (And most young people do... spend almost all of it.)

(04-09-2018, 04:30 AM)Squirrel Wrote: I bet there's more stories waiting to be told. lol

C'mon you guys! What did ya break?

We won't laugh at ya. :|

I've Only Every Broken 4, This Is from continuous Sporting Events such as football, baseball and soccer.