Register
Hello There, Guest!

Poll: Did this guide help you?
Yes, it was very helpful.
No, it did not help me at all.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.83 Average
Split-running, trick-splitting, and more!
Information 
Need help in split-running and trick-splitting?  Here is my guide for doing so. I will upload two videos when I have time to.

Split-running

Ever wanted to move faster around the map while eating more players than before? Try split-running! Here is how to do so:

1. Make sure you have a teammate and over 200 mass total.
2. Split once for some players and make sure your teammate splits for what you have behind your main piece- your smaller pieces. 
3. Repeat until you've gotten the hang of it. It's that simple. Split-run when you're small, medium size, or even when you're the biggest blobs together on the leaderboard!

Trick-splitting

You've probably heard of trick-splitting many times, but what is trick-splitting? It's a very simple technique for eating players that are fleeing from you. Here are the steps:

1. Find a player to eat. Note that this only works if you, your teammate, and the enemy are all medium sized and up.
2. Tell your teammate (or you could just do it) to split a bunch of times in the direction of the enemy player. Make sure you don't feed the enemy by mistake! 
3. Once that is done, quickly split into the direction of the enemy player while eating your teammates pieces. Don't eat all of your teammate by mistake!
4. After eating your teammate's pieces, you should be big enough to eat the enemy.

Fun Facts

Did you know that if you're in 16 pieces and at least one of your pieces is over 125 mass, you can eat viruses?
[-] The following 9 users Like Griffin's post:
  • Dzia , frostieman, HiVe_Blackbee, JellyBelly, Kipper, Lilly, Voakie , ~XC, ™ Chronic
Well written!

Though when it comes to splitrunning, the team moves faster by prohibiting as much as possible splitting backwards. This causes a circle-motion of movement, but is really not neccessary. Keep spamming spacebar to split, and the smaller pieces behind will eventually get smaller and smaller, and get to you. It's hard to explain, but it's a lot more efficient than the normal splitrunning technique. When spamming space, the largest piece doesn't split. Only the smaller ones. You move a lot faster, and rarely have to split back again.

Splitrunning as 3 people is also on a whole other level. It's possible to cover large distances in very short amount of time if done correctly. Will see if i can post a video tut.

Another thing which requires training is by some considered a glitch. If you're twice as large as your opponent, and you're trying to get him, you can't eat him when splitting because then you'd be the same size. However, if he has near a virus (very close) and you split 2x (that is, in four pieces) into him, he will eat your first piece and get bigger, then splatter by the virus, and your middle piece will get him. This sequence is done very quickly, but it may be hard to nail. Rare to see.

Baiting/Trick splitting can be advanced to splitting in 6 pieces, and letting your teammate stay behind. So if you're chasing someone from your East side(right), then your teammate should be on your west side (left), and NOT on top of your cells. This way, the larger ones from your east side(right) won't see your teammate and think you're split in 6. They split, get perhaps 1 piece of you, but your teammate splits quickly when either communicated to by pressing W once, or telling your teammate through voice-chat. 

Popping the opponents tends to be very easy too. People forget about viruses and the ability to pop.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Galaxies Nation's post:
  • Voakie
(12-15-2015, 10:10 PM)Galaxies Nation Wrote: Well written!

Though when it comes to splitrunning, the team moves faster by prohibiting as much as possible splitting backwards. This causes a circle-motion of movement, but is really not neccessary. Keep spamming spacebar to split, and the smaller pieces behind will eventually get smaller and smaller, and get to you. It's hard to explain, but it's a lot more efficient than the normal splitrunning technique. When spamming space, the largest piece doesn't split. Only the smaller ones. You move a lot faster, and rarely have to split back again.

Splitrunning as 3 people is also on a whole other level. It's possible to cover large distances in very short amount of time if done correctly. Will see if i can post a video tut.

Another thing which requires training is by some considered a glitch. If you're twice as large as your opponent, and you're trying to get him, you can't eat him when splitting because then you'd be the same size. However, if he has near a virus (very close) and you split 2x (that is, in four pieces) into him, he will eat your first piece and get bigger, then splatter by the virus, and your middle piece will get him. This sequence is done very quickly, but it may be hard to nail. Rare to see.

Baiting/Trick splitting can be advanced to splitting in 6 pieces, and letting your teammate stay behind. So if you're chasing someone from your East side(right), then your teammate should be on your west side (left), and NOT on top of your cells. This way, the larger ones from your east side(right) won't see your teammate and think you're split in 6. They split, get perhaps 1 piece of you, but your teammate splits quickly when either communicated to by pressing W once, or telling your teammate through voice-chat. 

Popping the opponents tends to be very easy too. People forget about viruses and the ability to pop.

Thank you! Your guide is well written as well.
Perhaps I need to find a friend to try this with, solo play is hard as hell! Thanks for the tips.
[-] The following 1 user Likes UglyBoi's post:
  • run SPOT run
This helped!
(12-15-2015, 10:10 PM)Galaxies Nation Wrote: Splitrunning as 3 people is also on a whole other level. It's possible to cover large distances in very short amount of time if done correctly. Will see if i can post a video tut.
I would like to see video of that, just for curiosity's sake.
(01-16-2016, 07:38 AM)Nope Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 10:10 PM)Galaxies Nation Wrote: Splitrunning as 3 people is also on a whole other level. It's possible to cover large distances in very short amount of time if done correctly. Will see if i can post a video tut.
I would like to see  video of that, just for curiosity's sake.

Here is a video I made a while back with my old clan. https://youtu.be/wy5UyxXXPdI One cleans up the small pieces, and the other two split-run normally.
That Supernova Skin in your vid was awesome! my avatar is poor lonely old Pluto...so I like the space images lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Thanks! I find these tips and tricks extremely helpful.
Hopefully I can pull these off with ease knowing how easy it should be to do it coming from this thread!
Thats what - She
These are extremely helpful! Thanks to this, I got 50k mass with a few tricksplits along the way!
Good job with advice!
FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!
[Image: 20120812153730!Flag_of_Russia.svg]
Nice man!
Tired of living.
Very helpfull, I'm probably going to try this out with some friends!
Just wondering. I think someone should maybe make a Follow-up to this thread maybe improving the descriptions and adding the 2 other main splits in the Vanishsplit and the Popsplit. I also may make a AGF tips and tricks guide with the help of others.

Big Grin
 Join the ➫ℝ⋓⋒➫ Clan Discord! 
  Keep On Running! 
Great tutorial buddy!.

I'm sure this will help a lot of the newbies to the section!.

-Greets,
Web Developer