Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Agma.io Ideas
Make Coins Give 500. Change Prices Of Items. New EU Server For Classic FFA. Password Change. Anti Spam. Improve Staff. New Gold Only Skins. Loyal Member Logo In Agma Chat(Maybe).  Ill have more Ideas later

Im sleepy

Nathan
NateGamer
NathanAnimates
NateAnimations
Nathan Motes <3 <3 <3 
(01-22-2018, 04:58 AM)TalonClaws/KyleJones Wrote: Make Coins Give 500. Change Prices Of Items. New EU Server For Classic FFA. Password Change. Anti Spam. Improve Staff. New Gold Only Skins. Loyal Member Logo In Agma Chat(Maybe).  Ill have more Ideas later

I like those... But... improve staff? Not sure how you can do that. lol

Anti-spam is the hardest... you could limit the # of messages sent. That may already be being donw now, but not sure. I'm not a prolific chatter in the game, because I can only concentrate on one or the oither, lol.

Also, I'm not sure EU needs an FFA? I can play the EU servers just dandy. They should also be able to play the NA ones.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • TalonClaws/KyleJones
(01-22-2018, 07:42 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 04:58 AM)TalonClaws/KyleJones Wrote: Make Coins Give 500. Change Prices Of Items. New EU Server For Classic FFA. Password Change. Anti Spam. Improve Staff. New Gold Only Skins. Loyal Member Logo In Agma Chat(Maybe).  Ill have more Ideas later

Anti-spam is the hardest... you could limit the # of messages sent. That may already be being donw now, but not sure. I'm not a prolific chatter in the game, because I can only concentrate on one or the oither, lol.

Also, I'm not sure EU needs an FFA? I can play the EU servers just dandy. They should also be able to play the NA ones.

By "Improving staff" he means that we should start ban more people, just because we don't ban the people he doesn't like. Oh also he wants staff so it would definently be "improved" like that HazRSavage

Im sleepy

Nathan
NateGamer
NathanAnimates
NateAnimations

Anti spam is being worked on, we have a huge skins which occasionally gets added when time is right, Why would we have classic FFA when that has no relevance to the concept of our game, Password change is probably gonna be in the future sometime, Loyal Member is gonna be too complicated to add for now, we won't change the prices, and the coins are good as they are rn
Btw my real name is Cam, people just call me Kevin

By improve staff I mean try to find a Mod Script. Like a mod dashboard so you can mute people and stuff

(01-22-2018, 02:21 PM)Kevin/HazR Wrote:

By "Improving staff" he means that we should start ban more people, just because we don't ban the people he doesn't like. Oh also he wants staff so it would definently be "improved" like that HazRSavage

Im sleepy

Nathan
NateGamer
NathanAnimates
NateAnimations

Anti spam is being worked on, we have a huge skins list getting added whenever we feel like adding them, Why would we have classic FFA when that has no relevance to the concept of our game, Password change is probably gonna be in the future sometime, Loyal Member is gonna be too complicated to add for now, we won't change the prices, and the coins are good as they are rn
Also Kevin, Thats not anywhere near what I meant
Nathan Motes <3 <3 <3 
instead of all kinds of fancy fixes, it would just be nice if we could have a "Mute Player" option by clicking on their name in chat. This would completely eliminate spammers.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like run SPOT run 's post:
  • Squirrel , TalonClaws/KyleJones
(01-22-2018, 08:11 PM)run SPOT run Wrote: instead of all kinds of fancy fixes, it would just be nice if we could have a "Mute Player" option by clicking on their name in chat. This would completely eliminate spammers.

YES YES YES YES YES. THAT WHAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY <3
Nathan Motes <3 <3 <3 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TalonClaws/KyleJones's post:
  • run SPOT run
(01-22-2018, 07:42 AM)Squirrel Wrote: I like those... But... improve staff? Not sure how you can do that. lol
I believe he means to get more staff members, or rather to train them to better identify those big internet threats Kappa

(01-22-2018, 07:42 AM)Squirrel Wrote: Anti-spam is the hardest... you could limit the # of messages sent.
I mean, not really, it's very simple to rate limit the messages by comparing the current timestamp with the previous timestamp of the last sent message.

(01-22-2018, 07:42 AM)Squirrel Wrote: Also, I'm not sure EU needs an FFA? I can play the EU servers just dandy. They should also be able to play the NA ones.
If I'm honest, it's all about player opinions. If you like playing FFA and from the EU, then why the hell not. Plus, latency is a thing these days Wink

(01-22-2018, 08:11 PM)run SPOT run Wrote: it would just be nice if we could have a "Mute Player" option by clicking on their name in chat. This would completely eliminate spammers.
Funny enough, I was just thinking on a way to implement this last night, seems pretty simple to do (that's if Sora would let me, of course)

(01-22-2018, 06:08 PM)TalonClaws/KyleJones Wrote: By improve staff I mean try to find a Mod Script. Like a mod dashboard so you can mute people and stuff
You can't just find a mod script. I'm also pretty certain that Sora is already doing this.

(01-22-2018, 04:58 AM)TalonClaws/KyleJones Wrote: Make Coins Give 500.
Don't they already give 500?

(01-22-2018, 04:58 AM)TalonClaws/KyleJones Wrote: Change Prices Of Items.
You mean reduce the prices of powerups? That'll ruin the game even more if that's what you're implying, if not then explain in more depth what you mean.

(01-22-2018, 04:58 AM)TalonClaws/KyleJones Wrote: Password Change.
This is a very good idea, the account sharing nowadays is through the roof and just discourages people from buying Gold just because they can find an account with Gold on it.

(01-22-2018, 04:58 AM)TalonClaws/KyleJones Wrote: Loyal Member Logo In Agma Chat(Maybe).
I don't understand the logic behind this, maybe a staff icon would be nice to have, just to scare away the trolls Wink
(01-22-2018, 11:53 PM)Trinity Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 07:42 AM)Squirrel Wrote: I like those... But... improve staff? Not sure how you can do that. lol
I believe he means to get more staff members, or rather to train them to better identify those big internet threats Kappa

(01-22-2018, 07:42 AM)Squirrel Wrote: Anti-spam is the hardest... you could limit the # of messages sent.
I mean, not really, it's very simple to rate limit the messages by comparing the current timestamp with the previous timestamp of the last sent message.

(01-22-2018, 07:42 AM)Squirrel Wrote: Also, I'm not sure EU needs an FFA? I can play the EU servers just dandy. They should also be able to play the NA ones.
If I'm honest, it's all about player opinions. If you like playing FFA and from the EU, then why the hell not. Plus, latency is a thing these days Wink

(01-22-2018, 08:11 PM)run SPOT run Wrote: it would just be nice if we could have a "Mute Player" option by clicking on their name in chat. This would completely eliminate spammers.
Funny enough, I was just thinking on a way to implement this last night, seems pretty simple to do (that's if Sora would let me, of course)

(01-22-2018, 06:08 PM)TalonClaws/KyleJones Wrote: By improve staff I mean try to find a Mod Script. Like a mod dashboard so you can mute people and stuff
You can't just find a mod script. I'm also pretty certain that Sora is already doing this.

(01-22-2018, 04:58 AM)TalonClaws/KyleJones Wrote: Make Coins Give 500.
Don't they already give 500?

(01-22-2018, 04:58 AM)TalonClaws/KyleJones Wrote: Change Prices Of Items.
You mean reduce the prices of powerups? That'll ruin the game even more if that's what you're implying, if not then explain in more depth what you mean.

(01-22-2018, 04:58 AM)TalonClaws/KyleJones Wrote: Password Change.
This is a very good idea, the account sharing nowadays is through the roof and just discourages people from buying Gold just because they can find an account with Gold on it.

(01-22-2018, 04:58 AM)TalonClaws/KyleJones Wrote: Loyal Member Logo In Agma Chat(Maybe).
I don't understand the logic behind this, maybe a staff icon would be nice to have, just to scare away the trolls Wink

Trinity this is one of the only times I have been ok with you <3. Thank you <3 and I mean make prices higher but a lil
Nathan Motes <3 <3 <3 

That's not staff. That would be a tool that the staff uses. Wink

From what I've gathered from posts before this, there is to continue to be a freedom to speak your mind (hopefully in a civil manner), and I can't imagine a great number of people being muted and banned.

So long as the staff is able to arrange either, I think it's good.

We have a lot of young people, who have some computing skills.

All that you would need, would be two text files storing the user names (or IPs) of those to be banned and muted. You could even set a time/date "expiry" field.

I feel that it would be best, at this point, to maximize the effort spent on the game itself. (The players won't even see this, so again, as long as it's possible, I'd think that we're good!)

It reminds me of my job. My boss came to me asking what tool I used to maintain the company Wiki, and I said, "Uhh, Notepad??" Really, nothing else is needed. (FREE is good!)

(01-22-2018, 11:53 PM)Trinity Wrote:

Yes, placing a limit on the frequency of messages sent is the easy part of that. I was more thinking of the rest of it, such as if they wanted to weed out the mentioning of links, and censorship of words.

Most people have more reliable connections, these days. It's just the people in relatively unpopulated areas that should have this issue, and there's only so much that Sora can provide. If there was enough demand, maybe, but in the EU, population density is far greater than in North America! But yes, I'm sure that if there was an overwhelming demand from players for this, that it could be arranged.

I'm just suggesting that we not increase his costs without merit. Smile
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • TalonClaws/KyleJones
(01-23-2018, 05:06 AM)Squirrel Wrote: All that you would need, would be two text files storing the user names (or IPs) of those to be banned and muted. You could even set a time/date "expiry" field.
Actually, a MySQL database would be much better as it's more friendly with programming. Tables, Columns, and Rows make organization very easy and when using it with your application, it becomes handy as you can search by a unique identifier.
As far as I'm aware, the game is already using MySQL, I mean, why wouldn't it? Smile

(01-23-2018, 05:06 AM)Squirrel Wrote: It reminds me of my job. My boss came to me asking what tool I used to maintain the company Wiki, and I said, "Uhh, Notepad??" Really, nothing else is needed. (FREE is good!)
I'm not sure how long ago that job was active, but by the sounds of it, quite a while ago. Databases are the way to go, and for a Wiki, I'd say some open source software.

(01-23-2018, 05:06 AM)Squirrel Wrote: Yes, placing a limit on the frequency of messages sent is the easy part of that. I was more thinking of the rest of it, such as if they wanted to weed out the mentioning of links, and censorship of words.
Regex can be used for links, and the same goes for words but with the help of a database. So deleting, modifying and creating of censored words is easy.

(01-23-2018, 05:06 AM)Squirrel Wrote: Most people have more reliable connections, these days. It's just the people in relatively unpopulated areas that should have this issue, and there's only so much that Sora can provide. If there was enough demand, maybe, but in the EU, population density is far greater than in North America! But yes, I'm sure that if there was an overwhelming demand from players for this, that it could be arranged.
Without a doubt, connections are getting more reliable, but latency isn't going away anytime soon. A connection from the USA to central europe would take half a second (ish) to be completed, and with gaming, this is a very bad connection.
Anywhere between 25 and 80 milliseconds is a decent time for gaming, anything above 250 can become quite annoying.
Player chat already has some built-in anti-spam measures.
Muting an individual player in chat is not yet possible at this time but it could be done by right-clicking on a player in chat and then add that player to an Ignore list, as @Dyna proposed. I think this would then best be done on a per session basis where the ignore list is only stored on client's computer and removed from memory after closing browser.

Personally i think we will add this in some future release but as @Squirrel said it:
"I feel that it would be best, at this point, to maximize the effort spent on the game itself. (The players won't even see this, so again, as long as it's possible, I'd think that we're good!)"
[-] The following 1 user Likes retslac's post:
  • Squirrel
(01-23-2018, 08:05 PM)retslac Wrote: Muting an individual player in chat is not yet possible at this time but it could be done by right-clicking on a player in chat and then add that player to an Ignore list, as @Dyna proposed. I think this would then best be done on a per session basis where the ignore list is only stored on client's computer and removed from memory after closing browser.

Personally i think we will add this in some future release but as @Squirrel said it:
"I feel that it would be best, at this point, to maximize the effort spent on the game itself. (The players won't even see this, so again, as long as it's possible, I'd think that we're good!)"
Depends on how you look at it. If you were getting harassed by this one guy, over and over again and he's cussing you out in chat, I'd think you would want to block him, no? As he's ruining your experience in the game by making you feel unwanted on that server.
(01-23-2018, 06:10 PM)Trinity Wrote: ~snips various replies~

The world loves telling you what you need.

Because it wantys money from you.

It wants you to keep spending money.

But one truth in IT that I have seen over time is:

You get what you NEED.

Nothing more.

Your friendly UNIX kernel shall remind you.

(Game lag is also created by needless sections of code.)

(01-23-2018, 11:31 PM)Trinity Wrote: Depends on how you look at it. If you were getting harassed by this one guy, over and over again and he's cussing you out in chat, I'd think you would want to block him, no? As he's ruining your experience in the game by making you feel unwanted on that server.

The trick is in not giving people power over you. Especially, those who do not deserve to have it.

What is said in chat will only affect you, if you allow it to.
Fight the Good Fight
(01-23-2018, 11:31 PM)Trinity Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 08:05 PM)retslac Wrote: Muting an individual player in chat is not yet possible at this time but it could be done by right-clicking on a player in chat and then add that player to an Ignore list, as @Dyna proposed.  I think this would then best be done on a per session basis where the ignore list is only stored on client's computer and removed from memory after closing browser.

Depends on how you look at it. If you were getting harassed by this one guy, over and over again and he's cussing you out in chat, I'd think you would want to block him, no? As he's ruining your experience in the game by making you feel unwanted on that server.

Yeah i understand.  That's why we will implement it in time.  And we will probably combine it with other chat interaction options.  If it was just a quick change we could do it sooner, but it's not an easy change and we have other priorities at this time.
(01-24-2018, 05:13 AM)Squirrel Wrote: The trick is in not giving people power over you. Especially, those who do not deserve to have it.
What is said in chat will only affect you, if you allow it to.
I don't allow it to affect me, but I speak of those who do (or don't know how to stop it affecting them)
I wish it was as easy as ignoring but it depends on what mindset you have during the time said chat stuff happened.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trinity's post:
  • Squirrel