Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Support Net Neutrality
Trump appointed his own FCC-guy, who pretends to be some geekly computer-worthy dude, but they support allowing ISPs (your Internet provider) to make some sites more accessible and others less so, amongst other things. (Fast lane/slow lane; making you pay for "tiers" of access, and so on.)

Here's an enormously funny video that explains this very well, and how this decision, while affecting only the USA legally, would also affect the rest of the world. (Tongue Hey, if they do it, it might be seen as a reason for small businesses to stop hosting their site in the USA...)

It's 19 minutes well spent, and funny as hell.

(Except of course, it's all true.)

Then support Net Neutrality by:
  • Browse to gofccyourself.com which takes you right to the page where you can comment on this FCC proposal;
  • Click on the 'Express' (your opinion) link; and
  • Add a comment like, "I support strong Net Neutrality with Title II oversight."

Here's hoping that you all do this!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Robin
This is good current events information Squirrel.

It keeps me up to date with what is happening in the world.
[Image: Robin.png]
Sad 
It’s done. The vote was along party lines as expected. Now I anticipate some throttling and prices for many services to rise in the near future.

I read that some tech companies like Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Netflix were quiet this time.

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
(12-15-2017, 02:02 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote: It’s done. The vote was along party lines as expected. Now I anticipate some throttling and prices for many services to rise in the near future.

I read that some tech companies like Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Netflix were quiet this time.

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

I believe that the big companies will be willing to pay some to ISPs to throttle their competition.

It's a new way to get ahead. The only losers are every last person who uses the Internet.

But just as Obama did the right thing, and supported Net Neutrality... if you are American, remember that your government WORKS FOR YOU! (Although, with taxes, the reverse is alsp true.)

Just as the people led Obama to pursue it, so again can the people rise up and complain until it is fixed.

I'm in a different fight, up here in Canada, with certain ISPs looking to do something similar.

But any time I hear of something important going on, I will be letting everyone know. This fight belongs to all of us.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!