Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agario lag
Hello to all !

I am new in this forum and I subscribded it because I have a lot of difficulties 
to run agar fluid.

Since weeks, I have a lot of lags and my moves are very jerky.

My internet connection speed is correct, my computer is quiet fast : 8 cores X 4 Ghz and 32 Giga of RAM, GPU 2 Gigabytes.

All the pages I visit on Internet are running fast except agar.

When I start to play, I notice that a lot of players are inside and don't seem to have this trouble !?! 

Has anyone an answer on how to recover a normal way to play Agar ?

Thanks in advance for your possible answers !

Regards
A couple things to try are;
1: Try a different browser! (never ever use Explorer) Make sure to refresh your browser occasionally.

2: Try a different server. Sometimes servers are slow due to heavy traffic or you just aren't on the ideal one for your location.

3: Try shutting down all other web pages/downloads/running applications. (apps such as SKYPE love to run in the background, slowing you down)

4: Try different modes i.e. dark mode, no grid...also no skins. Little things like this can really effect your fps on a loaded server!

5: Try a different version of the game! There are several versions of agar out there, and you might just find a new community or gamestyle that you really like!

6: Try restarting your computer, and possibly even your modem/router. Just remember to shut down anything that starts automatically i.e. skype...

I wish you the best of luck! There are some more advanced things you could try, but start with these for now. If your looking for something a little different, we have a few really fun game servers right here at the forums! Try: http://agma.io/ you might just fall in love with it!

p.s. welcome to the forums @Gillen_Alsatica
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like run SPOT run 's post:
  • Polearm, Sora, Squirrel
(11-27-2017, 06:24 PM)Gillen_Alsatica Wrote: Hello to all !

I am new in this forum and I subscribded it because I have a lot of difficulties 
to run agar fluid.

Since weeks, I have a lot of lags and my moves are very jerky.

My internet connection speed is correct, my computer is quiet fast : 8 cores X 4 Ghz and 32 Giga of RAM, GPU 2 Gigabytes.

All the pages I visit on Internet are running fast except agar.

When I start to play, I notice that a lot of players are inside and don't seem to have this trouble !?! 

Has anyone an answer on how to recover a normal way to play Agar ?

Thanks in advance for your possible answers !

Regards

There still could be a network issue in play, depending on who your provider is, and the quality of upstreams they use.

You can usually discover this by dropping to a command prompt, using 'tracert agma.io' and 'ping agma.io', and taking a look at the results. (Any ping over 250 might be sluggish...)

If you discover that you're using a bad route to agma, you couls still fix that w/o needing to change your priovider by using a VPN to some other network that uses a different/better route to agma.

Here's hoping that you find your problem!

(PS: Don't share the results of the tracert with anyone, as that could give up where you are and your IP, but if you need someone to explation it, give me a shout!)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • run SPOT run
            Hello,

Thanks a lot for yours answers, run SPOT run and Squirrel ! :-)

I tried some of your tricks without better result.
I will try your others tricks and will tell you about a better or not.

See you, and thanks again :-)

Here is a result of the Ping time value that seems correct : 39 ms
(12-01-2017, 05:57 PM)Gillen_Alsatica Wrote: Hello,

Thanks a lot for yours answers, run SPOT run and Squirrel ! :-)

I tried some of your tricks without better result.
I will try your others tricks and will tell you about a better or not.

See you, and thanks again :-)

Here is a result of the Ping time value that seems correct : 39 ms

With a ping time of 39, that is insanely good! Almost TOO good. Are you sure you were pinging from your IP to the server you were trying to connect to?

From your message, I'm guessing that we're talking about an agar.io server?? (Around here, you should make that distinctive, since Sora runs a private agar server, agma.io.

As far as network issues go, that time pretty much rules one out. But, you could still be experiencing packet loss, which would explain jerky movement...

It's TCP/IP data, so the packet would be resent once the timeout value expires, and that woulde definitely result in jerky movement.

You can see if there's packet loss by doing a prolonged continual ping instead.

("ping <ip address> -r" from your command line)

If you try this, and not all packets came back, let me know the results, and perhaps we can look at it further?

Good luck to ya!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!