Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gamestyle: Maze-Runners
Maze Runners is a simple FFA ( Free for all ) server but with walls around the map that players cannot pass through.
 There are corners, round-abouts and dead ends! Since this is a maze concept there would be a room at the middle of the map, Inside this room is a portal and a powerup spawn ( area where powerups spawn ocasionally. ) going through the portal teleports you randomly across the map, which some of your cells could end up on the other side of a wall! I have made a quick image of a layout of the maze i had thought of, but could be different if this idea is brought to game! 

Mind you i didn't spend time creating this and was quickly thrown together. as-well as I made it early in the morning, before my coffee!  Confused Big Grin [Image: Lz6pqc9.png]
[Image: ikPGhcz.png]
Thanks to @EqAtOmBe for this Sig!
[-] The following 4 users Like Dyna's post:
  • EqAtOmBe , Robin , run SPOT run , Sora
I have seen this in diep.io I believe.

That was a great experience.

Good Idea Dyna. Smile
[Image: Robin.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Robin 's post:
  • Dyna, EqAtOmBe
(11-24-2017, 01:35 AM)Robin Wrote: I have seen this in diep.io I believe.

That was a great experience.

Good Idea Dyna. Smile

Exactly where I had thought of this idea, yes very fun! and thank you.  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dyna's post:
  • EqAtOmBe
Great ideas you're coming up with, and great design! I like that you illustrate your ideas with a design.
Have initially thought about something like this with solid objects, only with an additional purpose of the game to capture the flag from each team's end.
The server would restart after one team wins, with a more or less random set of maze structure. There are two teams, each spawning in a corner on different sides of the map, with equal amount of players in each team. If a player leaves, the next player trying to join the server automatically joins the team with least amount of players. If teams are equal, an extra player joins a random team. Players would have to coordinate their gameplay and mass so that they'll have one strong flag-runner capturing the flag, and perhaps some defenders. The flag would be protected by viruses, and only capturable if all your cells are collected (one whole piece). The opposing team's flag area makes your playercells mass decay rapidly, so staying in the room is not a good idea. Respawning takes 15 to 30 seconds, depending on recombine time for each cell. I think this type of gamemode would do good with some powerups specifically made for it. Any ideas to build up on this gamemode and powerups suitable for it?
(Maybe this kind of gamemode is something @Squirrel would like, as I think Squirrel mentioned liking proper team gameplay or collaboration between team players?)
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
[-] The following 2 users Like Sora's post:
  • Dyna, EqAtOmBe
(11-24-2017, 03:21 AM)Sora Wrote: Great ideas you're coming up with, and great design! I like that you illustrate your ideas with a design.
Have initially thought about something like this with solid objects, only with an additional purpose of the game to capture the flag from each team's end.
The server would restart after one team wins, with a more or less random set of maze structure. There are two teams, each spawning in a corner on different sides of the map, with equal amount of players in each team. If a player leaves, the next player trying to join the server automatically joins the team with least  amount of players. If teams are equal, an extra player joins a random team. Players would have to coordinate their gameplay and mass so that they'll have one strong flag-runner capturing the flag, and perhaps some defenders. The flag would be protected by viruses, and only capturable if all your cells are collected (one whole piece). The opposing team's flag area makes your playercells mass decay rapidly, so staying in the room is not a good idea. Respawning takes 15 to 30 seconds, depending on recombine time for each cell. I think this type of gamemode would do good with some powerups specifically made for it. Any ideas to build up on this gamemode and powerups suitable for it?
(Maybe this kind of gamemode is something @Squirrel would like, as I think Squirrel mentioned liking proper team gameplay or collaboration between team players?)

Ahh I see, I do have a an idea with combining these 2 gamestyles into an ultimate server. I will repost a concept layout aswell as designs for examples!  Smile I believe this castle wars Idea may be possible for agma btw!   Exclamation I will make a thread with my concept of it later today  after work. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dyna's post:
  • Sora

This could become a real game mode once you add Power Pellets and multi-colored Ghosts that chase you around the maze.

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post:
  • Dyna
(11-24-2017, 01:30 AM)Dyna Wrote: Maze Runners is a simple FFA ( Free for all ) server but with walls around the map that players cannot pass through.
~rest snipped since I'm replying a bit late~

I like the idea, and it seems like it could be fun...

If with every server reset, it recreates a different map/maze layout, I think that would give it staying power. If you don't do that, people would become used to the maze, and perhaps lose some affinity for it?

There's also quite a few game mechanics that would need to be reconsidered. I'm guessing that w-shots would bounce off things, perhaps slamming into a wall would greatly slow you, but nicking the wall would just slow you slightly?

With there being many walls and player pieces bouncing off of them, I could see a marked increase for processor power, either making it a bit more expensive to provide?

Pairing this with a Teams idea could also be interesting... If the work gets done, I'd love to try it!

But a warning... all these ideas are great, but takes a lot of effort to make happen. So to those bringing the ideas, it's awesome, but I hope you'll also understand that maybe only one or two ideas can get done in, say, a year's time, and it might not be yours.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(11-25-2017, 08:13 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(11-24-2017, 01:30 AM)Dyna Wrote: Maze Runners is a simple FFA ( Free for all ) server but with walls around the map that players cannot pass through.
~rest snipped since I'm replying a bit late~

I like the idea, and it seems like it could be fun...

If with every server reset, it recreates a different map/maze layout, I think that would give it staying power. If you don't do that, people would become used to the maze, and perhaps lose some affinity for it?

There's also quite a few game mechanics that would need to be reconsidered. I'm guessing that w-shots would bounce off things, perhaps slamming into a wall would greatly slow you, but nicking the wall would just slow you slightly?

With there being many walls and player pieces bouncing off of them, I could see a marked increase for processor power, either making it a bit more expensive to provide?

Pairing this with a Teams idea could also be interesting... If the work gets done, I'd love to try it!

But a warning... all these ideas are great, but takes a lot of effort to make happen. So to those bringing the ideas, it's awesome, but I hope you'll also understand that maybe only one or two ideas can get done in, say, a year's time, and it might not be yours.
yes those are good idea's. and yes i am aware of this myself, and that is why I am posting several concepts in a sort of collaboration of ideas with other forums members to see if we can construct a well made gamestyle that everyone will like. aswell as not makign it too much work to script. There are a few more coming up  Big Grin