Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Gamestyle [Capture the flag]
Capture the flag, a team based experimental server with 4 teams and the player holding the flag gains mass for the entire team by 1000 mass per minute ( total of 5000 mass max each player on the flag holders team before the flag re-spawns each 5 minutes.) split speed is average and the recombine speed it  semi fast.

Objective: to obtain the flag by devouring another cell with the flag or randomly across map.
The flag re-spawns every 5 minutes randomly in the map. and is highlighted with an arrow on your mini map pointing to the direction of the flag.
[Image: ikPGhcz.png]
Thanks to @EqAtOmBe for this Sig!
(11-18-2017, 06:51 AM)Dyna Wrote: Capture the flag, a team based experimental server with 4 teams and the player holding the flag gains mass for the entire team by 1000 mass per minute ( total of 5000 mass max each player on the flag holders team before the flag re-spawns each 5 minutes.) split speed is average and the recombine speed it  semi fast.

Objective: to obtain the flag by devouring another cell with the flag or randomly across map.
The flag re-spawns every 5 minutes randomly in the map. and is highlighted with an arrow on your mini map pointing to the direction of the flag.

I'm not sure that I fully understand the idea yet, but my mind is a but foggy at present. (lol)

One thing that I DO know, is that one of my fondest memories of a game tp play, when younger was 'Capture the Flag', and I really like the idea of maybe having a team-based variant of Agar to mimic it. There are several... noticably missing pieces though.

First, there's no "terrain" to hid amongst... no "front line"... and np way to 'tag' and 'capture' a player...

There's no way toi mark out a jail, or even decide which teammate gets to do it.

It would be highly susceptible to "spoilers" -- players who entered not looking too play, but to disrupot the gam,e instead.

If we can ever figure out how to make this work... I think this would be best suited for "private" games, by-0invitation-only.

But I love the idea! And I fear it would be a hellish amount of work!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Dyna
My idea for CTF (Capture the Flag) is that there are 4 flags. One in the left corner(red team flag), right corner (green  flag),bottom left (blue flag) , bottom right ( yellow flag) So your objective is to capture as much flags as you can in the given time.

So for example I am on the blue team. I can only capture 1 flag at once. I go to the top left. Another team stole that flag for example, so I go to another one, the green flag at the top right. I have to go to it. Then the flag will be in my blob. I can split, but one blob will only have the flag. Another team can capture the flag only if they split and eat your blob with the flag. You have to make it safely to your team and go to a box. Then you get a point and then the team's flag returns. The thing is that you cannot put your captured flag in your box unless your team's flag isn't captured! Your teams flag has to be there in order to get a point. Or idk maybe just get a point without flag. Team with the most in the given time gets some kind of prize.
So pretty much that's it.

[Image: enAWQVn.jpg]

[-] The following 2 users Like Reaction 's post:
  • Dyna, Squirrel
(11-18-2017, 07:42 PM)ℜεᥲстıσស Wrote: My idea for CTF (Capture the Flag) is that there are 4 flags. One in the left corner(red team flag), right corner (green  flag),bottom left (blue flag) , bottom right ( yellow flag) So your objective is to capture as much flags as you can in the given time.

So for example I am on the blue team. I can only capture 1 flag at once. I go to the top left. Another team stole that flag for example, so I go to another one, the green flag at the top right. I have to go to it. Then the flag will be in my blob. I can split, but one blob will only have the flag. Another team can capture the flag only if they split and eat your blob with the flag. You have to make it safely to your team and go to a box. Then you get a point and then the team's flag returns. The thing is that you cannot put your captured flag in your box unless your team's flag isn't captured! Your teams flag has to be there in order to get a point. Or idk maybe just get a point without flag. Team with the most in the given time gets some kind of prize.
So pretty much that's it.

ya that is a great version of CTF actually! better than mine and i would support this version over mine! Smile

(11-18-2017, 07:42 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(11-18-2017, 06:51 AM)Dyna Wrote: Capture the flag, a team based experimental server with 4 teams and the player holding the flag gains mass for the entire team by 1000 mass per minute ( total of 5000 mass max each player on the flag holders team before the flag re-spawns each 5 minutes.) split speed is average and the recombine speed it  semi fast.

I'm not sure that I fully understand the idea yet, but my mind is a but foggy at present. (lol)

One thing that I DO know, is that one of my fondest memories of a game tp play, when younger was 'Capture the Flag', and I really like the idea of maybe having a team-based variant of Agar to mimic it. There are several... noticably missing pieces though.

First, there's no "terrain" to hid amongst... no "front line"... and np way to 'tag' and 'capture' a player...

There's no way toi mark out a jail, or  even decide which teammate gets to do it.

It would be highly susceptible to "spoilers" -- players who entered not looking too play, but to disrupot the gam,e instead.

If we can ever figure out how to make this work... I think this would be best suited for "private" games, by-0invitation-only.

But I love the idea! And I fear it would be a hellish amount of work!

Yes indeed i see how that would be hard  and alot of work, the idea Reocmio has is an excellent idea too though! and that version of CTF I am more fond of.
[Image: ikPGhcz.png]
Thanks to @EqAtOmBe for this Sig!