Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Down With Domestic Violence October Awareness
_ Violence: (dictionary) behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something. _ So violence is exactly that. It is Violence. If you stab some one in the act of war it is violence .if you stab some one in a domestic setting(family perhaps) it is violence. A stab is a stab. Even the reasoning that drives the violence is the same in both .....Hate ...stress.. fear... intolerance ..greed ..resentment one of those is always present when violence is committed.
Bullies have personal issues.
naaa I disagree . _ Violence: (dictionary) behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something. _ So violence is exactly that. It is Violence. If you stab some one in the act of war it is violence .if you stab some one in a domestic setting(family perhaps) it is violence. A stab is a stab. Even the reasoning that drives the violence is the same in both .....Hate ...stress.. fear... intolerance ..greed ..resentment etc. One of those is always present when violence is committed, domestic or other wise. Since people all have those emotions ...then we have to investigate the triggers, which quite often can be found in an ever increasing stressful world we live in and have no control over. Thus the expression "the world is hell".You get that right?
(10-05-2017, 02:22 AM)™ Chronic Wrote: _ Violence: (dictionary) behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.  _  So violence is exactly that. It is Violence. If you stab some one in the act of war it is violence .if you stab some one in  a domestic setting(family perhaps) it is violence. A stab is a stab.  Even the reasoning that drives the violence is the same in both .....Hate ...stress.. fear... intolerance ..greed ..resentment  one of those is always present when violence is committed.

Thanks for the dictionary definition. ~smirk~

You didn't really think that anyone needed that, did you?!

This thread is about domestic violence, as I stated.

Domestic, in this case, is an adjective, if that helps you at all.

For the rest, refer to my previous answer.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
Seriously?!!!! You two have turned this into a bloody debate over ego?

(10-05-2017, 01:20 PM)Kimber.ly Wrote: Seriously?!!!! You two have turned this into a bloody debate over ego?

Ego? I'm not sure I see how that factors in here.

Really, I don't quite know what he's thinking... I was just feeling that the thread was a bit hijacked, and trying to steer it back.
Fight the Good Fight
dramatic i love it
Alright @™ Chronic this thread is about domestic violence, not what you keep on rambling about. @Squirrel is a victim of domestic violence yet you step in on the conversation and pull out the dictionary explaining violence. He's a victim for God's sake, he knows EXACTLY what violence is. So maybe you should start reading instead of jumping into conversations.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Final's post:
  • EqAtOmBe
(10-06-2017, 10:55 PM)Final Wrote: Alright @™ Chronic this thread is about domestic violence, not what you keep on rambling about. @Squirrel is a victim of domestic violence yet you step in on the conversation and pull out the dictionary explaining violence. He's a victim for God's sake, he knows EXACTLY what violence is. So maybe you should start reading instead of jumping into conversations.

LOOl @Final... really? considering you brought up the "World is Hell" that Squirrel is complaining about in the first place? Maybe you should start reading before jumping into conversations. The pair of you's make me laugh.  I disagreed and proved my point with the dictionary to show why I disagreed and why violence is violence regardless of the setting. Squirrel replied to me so I didn't jump in to a conversation. You have no idea what you are talking about. Oh no "Squirrel is a victim for Gods sakes"   Who the hell wasn't...i think I am being abused right now by two bullies  ..Do me a favor and dont reply to this because Im done  with the Squirrel -Final tag team BS
(10-06-2017, 10:55 PM)Final Wrote: Alright @™ Chronic this thread is about domestic violence, not what you keep on rambling about. @Squirrel is a victim of domestic violence yet you step in on the conversation and pull out the dictionary explaining violence. He's a victim for God's sake, he knows EXACTLY what violence is. So maybe you should start reading instead of jumping into conversations.

Thanks, but actually, I have no clue if I was involved directly, or if I was just an uncomprehending bystander... I have zero memories at all of the guy. No face, nuttin'. (I was only 2 yrs old.)

The real victim would have been my mom... and even though, thanks to my size, if he'd reappeared, I'd have given him a taste of his medicine... but that never sunk in with my mom..... she lived in fear of him the rest of her life. Sad So even after she was no longer taking the abuse, he still affected her life.

And I dare say that another victim would agree with me, the affect this abuse brings to you generally lasts a lifetime, and it requires a strong person to break free from it, put it in their past, and forge a new stronger life for themselves.

When you see a gal somewhere... and some guy is walking by her, brushes up against her, and she starts to freak out....  that's a victim, right there, almost guaranteed... and that's the kind of lasting affects we're talking about. (To say nothing about what being a victim does to your ability to ever trust someone else again... Sad )

(10-07-2017, 12:50 AM)™ Chronic Wrote: ~snip nonsense~ The pair of you's make me laugh.  I disagreed and proved my point with the dictionary to show why I disagreed and why violence is violence regardless of the setting. Squirrel replied to me so I didn't jump in to a conversation. You have no idea what you are talking about. Oh no "Squirrel is a victim for Gods sakes"   Who the hell wasn't...i think I am being abused right now by two bullies  ..Do me a favor and dont reply to this because Im done  with the Squirrel -Final tag team BS

You know... I thought it was funny when I got the nickname "Captain Obvious" applied to me here & there in Discord...

But seriously, you should unseat me.

You're not surprising anyone by saying "violence is violence". How could you?!

There was no argument. I was just pointing out that this thread was about a sub-class of violence, and amply showed that there are different types.

Not even a fool could argue that "violence isn't violence".

Basically, you said nothing at all, but stole the focus. (That's the way I see it. I'm a very staunch supporter of gals, and their rights to be violence-free. And that's why I basically scoffed at your contribution.)
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • EqAtOmBe , Final
Excuse me @Squirrel I shouldn't have said you were a victim. I should've said family, and also sorry to hear that.

And @™ Chronic my statement of the hell topic was me agreeing to Kim about domestic violence without saying yes. Just me saying it's hell because it is hell.

Also, don't we all know what violence is anyways?

[-] The following 1 user Likes Final's post:
  • Squirrel
(10-07-2017, 04:20 AM)Final Wrote: Also, don't we all know what violence is anyways?

This is a key thought, and one that I don't think has been brought up here yet...

Shockingly, sometimes the answer is, "They have no clue that they are a victim!"

If you've just been hit for the first time, generally, you're aware...

But in places where the abuse is pervasive and constant, you crawl out of the world into a sort of catatonic state where, when you are abused again, you don't see the abuse at all -- it's just "life the way that it is". Some people refer to it as "being numb", and those are exactly the sorts of people that we should learn to see the signs... inquire... and chip away at their understanding, until they reawaken, and are forced to take a new inventory of their life, and then help them to fight back.

Because sadly.... those who fly under the radar, undetected today, one day, becomes the next news suicide tragedy.
Fight the Good Fight
Thank you @Squirrel for bringing this thread back to focus.
[Image: .eJwNyMENhSAMANBdGACwoIJrOEGDpJqoJbSefv7...OL-AIKx710]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sugar's post:
  • Final
Domestic violence takes many forms. That being said, I don’t think any kind of abuse is ok. Whether it be physical, emotional, or mental. In the mental aspect, one using tactics of intimidation such as...you are lucky I am not there or I would bloody your face, blocking exits, standing over someone in an intimidation manor, or telling jokes like “If I can’t have you no one can.” This cycle of violence has to stop.

I only wish you'd see the bruises and then you'd understand
Seems you think they only matter if he caused them by his hand

While most view domestic violence as one getting physically beaten, there is much more to it than that. Mental and emotional abuse leave bruises no one can see, the victims are often times left so broken, they start to believe they deserve it or caused it. The abusers are usually master manipulators who can deceive others and leave the victim isolated. This person can use people in their church including pastors, friends, and even the victims families as weapons. They spin their web and put on their act, and others fall for it hook line and sinker. The victim starts to believe they are wrong because everyone else around them has fallen for the perpetrators devious act. They will even use children or whatever the victim holds dear as weapons. You see, they will act right when you finally reach enough, use others or your faith as a weapon to force you to stay, and once they get their victim to concede and they get comfortable again, they usually revert back to the same old control and abusive tactics. This pattern can be one that just lives on repeat. The thing about domestic violence is, it can take on many forms. We need to stop the suffering in silence and those who are uneducated in such areas need to refrain from giving advice. You really don’t know what goes on behind the curtain, and the perpetrator is only go to show you what is beneficial to them. ❤️

Somewhere there's a rainbow I plan to fly over  Big Grin  

[-] The following 5 users Like DTricksplit's post:
  • EqAtOmBe , Meerkat, Robin , Squirrel , Sugar
Nice to see you around @DTricksplit

Back with a biggggggg reply lol

Heart
[Image: Robin.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Robin 's post:
  • DTricksplit, Squirrel
(10-09-2017, 12:27 AM)DTricksplit Wrote: Domestic violence takes many forms.  That being said, I don’t think any kind of abuse is ok.  Whether it be physical, emotional, or mental.  In the mental aspect, one using tactics of intimidation such as...you are lucky I am not there or I would bloody your face, blocking exits, standing over someone in an intimidation manor, or telling jokes like “If I can’t have you no one can.”  This cycle of violence has to stop.

I only wish you'd see the bruises and then you'd understand
Seems you think they only matter if he caused them by his hand

While most view domestic violence as one getting physically beaten, there is much more to it than that.  Mental and emotional abuse leave bruises no one can see, the victims are often times left so broken, they start to believe they deserve it or caused it.  The abusers are usually master manipulators who can deceive others and leave the victim isolated. This person can use people in their church including pastors, friends,  and even the victims families as weapons.  They spin their web and put on their act, and others fall for it hook line and sinker.  The victim starts to believe they are wrong because everyone else around them has fallen for the perpetrators devious act.  They will even use children or whatever the victim holds dear as weapons.  You see, they will act right when you finally reach enough, use others or your faith as a weapon to force you to stay, and once they get their victim to concede and they get comfortable again, they usually revert back to the same old control and abusive tactics.  This pattern can be one that just lives on repeat.  The thing about domestic violence is, it can take on many forms.  We need to stop the suffering in silence and those who are uneducated in such areas need to refrain from giving advice.  You really don’t know what goes on behind the curtain, and the perpetrator is only go to show you what is beneficial to them. ❤️

Yeah.