Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Member of the day!
Idea: So, when you click on a profile, you can vote for a person, if they have at least 30 posts and at least 1 rate(reputation). Then after you voted, if he or she is lucky, they get in the top 5. Now people could see who's in the top, and vote for them. At midight, there will be a new member of the day!

[Image: enAWQVn.jpg]

[-] The following 6 users Like Reaction 's post:
  • Breakfast , Konoha , Mikasa, Sora, Squirrel , ℱIRE
Hm, interesting idea! Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Apix 's post:
  • Reaction , Sora
low key member of the year award should exist
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
-1 .

[Image: giphy.gif]
You heard the man.
Great idea in my opinion!
~Konoha/ Blud
I'm gorgeous!

[Image: bb4e29b1658af6553f2df77facf12568.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Konoha 's post:
  • Apix
(09-02-2016, 10:03 PM)Relax Wrote:
(09-02-2016, 02:30 AM)REACTION Wrote: Idea: So, when you click on a profile, you can vote for a person, if they have at least 30 posts and at least 1 rate(reputation). Then after you voted, if he or she is lucky, they get in the top 5. Now people could see who's in the top, and vote for them. At midight, there will be a new member of the day!

Won't I win every day?
Legitimate concerns.
Sorry. Only once in a year

(09-02-2016, 10:03 PM)Relax Wrote:
(09-02-2016, 02:30 AM)REACTION Wrote: Idea: So, when you click on a profile, you can vote for a person, if they have at least 30 posts and at least 1 rate(reputation). Then after you voted, if he or she is lucky, they get in the top 5. Now people could see who's in the top, and vote for them. At midight, there will be a new member of the day!

Won't I win every day?
Legitimate concerns.

no you are bad lol
i would win
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sinister 's post:
  • Relax
Mhm, I'd give it a try.
            "Experience has taught me that wishful thinking 
                                 only leads to disappointment."

I like the idea, but I think it might be better as a weekly occurrence.

You could modify this so the system chose, say, the first 10 "unheralded" user -- you could create an award 'User of the Week', so anyone who'd been so recognized already, would not be eligible to be recognized again. And you could use whatever minimum stats to qualify (ie: posts & reputation, or maybe total likes received) ... and create a special thread where posting is not possible, except by the system itself, where it would create a poll that would be reset weekly, where people could vote based on the first 10 or 15 users who hadn't already won the 'User of the Week', and met the minimum requirements.

The idea being, to recognize newer users, and try to coax/urge them to get more involved with the FOrums, and contribute (post) more. Smile

If it took off and was well received, you could later create a 2nd-tier award 'User of the Month' which was harder to attain, and was also voted for by users.

We would have to give @Relax his own award, 'User Best Suited to Becoming Staff', where users could vote every month, whether he should be made staff or not. He would win by acclamation each time, and each month he'd be told his application would be considered at the end of the month... but it would 'defer' the decision to the next month... and the same thing would happen again, perpetually. month after month. (~giggles & thinks @Sora will like this idea!~)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 3 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Breakfast , Mikasa, Relax
(09-03-2016, 03:07 PM)Squirrel Wrote:

I like the idea, but I think it might be better as a weekly occurrence.

You could modify this so the system chose, say, the first 10 "unheralded" user -- you could create an award 'User of the Week', so anyone who'd been so recognized already, would not be eligible to be recognized again. And you could use whatever minimum stats to qualify (ie: posts & reputation, or maybe total likes received) ... and create a special thread where posting is not possible, except by the system itself, where it would create a poll that would be reset weekly, where people could vote based on the first 10 or 15 users who hadn't already won the 'User of the Week', and met the minimum requirements.

The idea being, to recognize newer users, and try to coax/urge them to get more involved with the FOrums, and contribute (post) more. Smile

If it took off and was well received, you could later create a 2nd-tier award 'User of the Month' which was harder to attain, and was also voted for by users.

We would have to give @Relax his own award, 'User Best Suited to Becoming Staff', where users could vote every month, whether he should be made staff or not. He would win by acclamation each time, and each month he'd be told his application would be considered at the end of the month... but it would 'defer' the decision to the next month... and the same thing would happen again, perpetually. month after month. (~giggles & thinks @Sora will like this idea!~)

Yes, I have thought of having member of the week, but I'm like 'Lets just have member of the day.' Well, we totally can have user of the week, but to be a user of the week, you have to be a user of the day, then people can vote for you. Sounds good?

(09-03-2016, 04:26 PM)REACTION Wrote: Yes, I have thought of having member of the week, but I'm like 'Lets just have member of the day.' Well, we totally can have user of the week, but to be a user of the week, you have to be a user of the day, then people can vote for you. Sounds good?

If it really REALLY took off, then maybe you have a 'User of the Day' as tier 1, followed by Week & Month as tier 2 & 3... but the idea here, in order for it to work, would be for the system to do as much of the work as possible -- and initially, you wouldn't have enough people posting in a day who hadn't yet been recognized, and you'd have a regular poll with almost no-one there to vote for, plus you'd be dependent on users going there fast & often to vote... or it might fall flat.

It would have to be done slowly and carefully... because in the end, the users themselves make or break it. And it would be the system's job to automate functions so that it went smoothly.

I really can't see 'Daily' working, until the whole idea took off, and was flying well, with users checking in every day to see who was up for it, and... checking new people out. Wink
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!