Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
agma party
I got another idea. What if we added a star to each player who was on our party. Better than looking at the minimap to see who it is.

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
[-] The following 3 users Like Breakfast 's post:
  • fisa, QueenHeather, Robin
(08-04-2017, 08:28 AM)Breakfast Wrote: I got another idea. What if we added a star to each player who was on our party. Better than looking at the minimap to see  who it is.

I can't make sense of your idea...

What 'party'?! Add a star where?!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(08-04-2017, 08:28 AM)Breakfast Wrote: I got another idea. What if we added a star to each player who was on our party. Better than looking at the minimap to see  who it is.

would some one please explain the purpose of the annoying party invite that keeps popping up at  the worst times ??  is it a distraction tactic. Who are these people who keep sending them ? And why do I have to be in a party??? when we have a chat box in the game?
Bullies have personal issues.
(08-04-2017, 02:49 PM)™ Chronic Wrote: would some one please explain the purpose of the annoying party invite that keeps popping up at  the worst times ??  is it a distraction tactic. Who are these people who keep sending them ? And why do I have to be in a party??? when we have a chat box in the game?

Obviously, it is the start of work on a new feauture that recognizes and welcomes people teaming -- I imagine that if done properly, using the invite/accept system, that then scoring will be handled in an appropriate way.

Again, I think this is one of the reasons that Sora still considers the game to be in 'Beta' testing?

It's a half implemented feature... And you can completely ignore them, like I do. (Or accept it, and try teaming with the rest in your party... heh.)
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • ™ Chronic
(08-04-2017, 02:49 PM)™ Chronic Wrote:

would some one please explain the purpose of the annoying party invite that keeps popping up at  the worst times ??  is it a distraction tactic. Who are these people who keep sending them ? And why do I have to be in a party??? when we have a chat box in the game?

Most of the time if someone is sending you a party invite, they're asking you to team with them. Personally, if I'm sending a party invite to someone, I'm asking them to join a group chat because I don't feel like talking in the main public chat. In other games I play, there are public, party, and private chats, so I really enjoy the feature. I think it's great for teams or clans that want to talk amongst themselves without distractions from others.

(08-04-2017, 03:13 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 02:49 PM)™ Chronic Wrote: would some one please explain the purpose of the annoying party invite that keeps popping up at  the worst times ??  is it a distraction tactic. Who are these people who keep sending them ? And why do I have to be in a party??? when we have a chat box in the game?

Obviously, it is the start of work on a new feauture that recognizes and welcomes people teaming -- I imagine that if done properly, using the invite/accept system, that then scoring will be handled in an appropriate way.

Again, I think this is one of the reasons that Sora still considers the game to be in 'Beta' testing?

It's a half implemented feature... And you can completely ignore them, like I do. (Or accept it, and try teaming with the rest in your party... heh.)

The party invite is simply a party chat invite, for another tab in the chatbox with only the people you invite. Scoring being between just whoever is in the party would make things way too complicated when they could much more easily just go to a private server
Have any questions? Feel free to send me a private message! 

Please remember, I’m only a forums moderator. Not in Agma!  Heart
[-] The following 2 users Like QueenHeather's post:
  • fisa, Squirrel
(08-04-2017, 03:13 PM)Squirrel Wrote:

Oh ok. So obviously the game was invented with teaming in mind? :Smile So teamers shouldn't have to endure a verbal assault every time they team for the duration of their game? or use power ups  then. Who is going to buy power ups or gold member ship when they get shit on  every time they use one of the benefits.  _ " why is it a half implemented feature?" _  If it works to communicate then its all the way implimented and useable Big Grin
(08-04-2017, 02:49 PM)™ Chronic Wrote:

Party feature's main purpose is actually meant for teaming up ingame.  It allows you to locate your teammates faster.  You can always see your teammates in the minimap, even if they are on the other side of the map.
In addition, party teammates also have the ability to make use of a separate party chat which can only be seen by other party members.

I think that what @Breakfast meant is to add an extra star or icon on each cell of all party members on the main map.  So that way you can also identify party members on the main map without the need to look at minimap.  I think that's actually a good idea!  Will look into it.  Then maybe we'll add it in next server upgrade?
[-] The following 1 user Likes retslac's post:
  • fisa
Thank you very much :Smile   Good feature ... really good for teaming then. And no shortage of requests to pick from. Can you have 3 chats going? Regular chat , private and party and all i have to do is click between them. It sounds like a better tool for soloists to team up against teams. i will have to learn to use that
[-] The following 1 user Likes ™ Chronic 's post:
  • fisa
(08-04-2017, 04:44 PM)™ Chronic Wrote: Oh ok. So obviously the game was invented with teaming in mind? :Smile So teamers shouldn't have to endure a verbal assault every time they team for the duration of their game? or use power ups  then. Who is going to buy power ups or gold member ship when they get shit on  every time they use one of the benefits.  _ " why is it a half implemented feature?" _  If it works to communicate then its all the way implimented and useable Big Grin

~lol~ I had no idea... Thanks @QueenHeather for that! I'm not sure that I've ever said 'yes' to one of those, but if I didm I sure didn't notice an extra tab somewhere.

And I agree, Chronic, people should not whine about people using powerups... It's part of the game, whether they like it or not.
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • fisa, QueenHeather
(08-04-2017, 08:01 PM)™ Chronic Wrote: Thank you very much :Smile   Good feature ... really good for teaming then. And no shortage of requests to pick from. Can you have 3 chats going? Regular chat , private and party and all i have to do is click between them. It sounds like a better tool for soloists to team up against teams. i will have to learn to use that

All 3 are constantly available to either click through or you can type /party or /pm at the beginning of your message if you don't want to click because you're trying to do it quickly

(08-05-2017, 02:21 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 04:44 PM)™ Chronic Wrote: Oh ok. So obviously the game was invented with teaming in mind? :Smile So teamers shouldn't have to endure a verbal assault every time they team for the duration of their game? or use power ups  then. Who is going to buy power ups or gold member ship when they get shit on  every time they use one of the benefits.  _ " why is it a half implemented feature?" _  If it works to communicate then its all the way implimented and useable Big Grin

~lol~ I had no idea... Thanks @QueenHeather for that! I'm not sure that I've ever said 'yes' to one of those, but if I didm I sure didn't notice an extra tab somewhere.

And I agree, Chronic, people should not whine about people using powerups... It's part of the game, whether they like it or not.
Sometimes I just accept it to get them to stop spamming the invites even after I tell them I don't team  Angel then I just eat them. I mean.. They were warned  Tongue
Have any questions? Feel free to send me a private message! 

Please remember, I’m only a forums moderator. Not in Agma!  Heart
[-] The following 3 users Like QueenHeather's post:
  • fisa, Squirrel , ™ Chronic
(08-05-2017, 03:36 AM)QueenHeather Wrote: Sometimes I just accept it to get them to stop spamming the invites even after I tell them I don't team  Angel then I just eat them. I mean.. They were warned  Tongue

LOL!!!

It's cruel... but hey, what better place to prepare yourself for the cruelties in life, than a game that, in the end, can't affect you unless you allow it to?

And, as you said... they were warned... Plus... what did they expect from a Queen with a skull for a head?!
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 3 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • fisa, QueenHeather, Sugar
(08-05-2017, 03:36 AM)QueenHeather Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 08:01 PM)™ Chronic Wrote: Thank you very much :Smile   Good feature ... really good for teaming then. And no shortage of requests to pick from. Can you have 3 chats going? Regular chat , private and party and all i have to do is click between them. It sounds like a better tool for soloists to team up against teams. i will have to learn to use that

All 3 are constantly available to either click through or you can type /party or /pm at the beginning of your message if you don't want to click because you're trying to do it quickly

(08-05-2017, 02:21 AM)Squirrel Wrote:

Sometimes I just accept it to get them to stop spamming the invites even after I tell them I don't team  Angel then I just eat them. I mean.. They were warned  Tongue

How do you sleep at night lol. But actually it is an awesome strategy.
[-] The following 2 users Like ™ Chronic 's post:
  • fisa, Squirrel
yo! #1 anti-teamer here! lol, i'm not against it in general but in a FFA server, definitely. 

just wanted to point out that i've had teamers repeatedly spam me party invites just to fck with me, AND the first time i started seeing the invites and was joining the "parties", they were actually using it just for the purpose of knowing where i was at all times for relentless targeting. so, its not always used for party hats and birthday cakes....lol

ps, maybe include a little check box on the invite for the option of NOT RECEIVING ANYMORE INVITES from that user. just a logical suggestion......
[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like mcgirt's post:
  • fisa, Squirrel , Sugar
ok guys. Sorry if i didnt explain myself. I meant that there would be a star on the cell or skin (like a wearable) so we could easily notice our team/ party

[Image: vyNXqdV.gif]

[Image: 8L9jzaX.gif]

Hey! Im breakfast. If you need me, just pop me a message. I may not be active for a while so just take that into thought!!
@mcgirt I like your idea since I do not use the party invite and very rarely do I want to be in a party, I wish there is a check box in the settings that allows it or not. @Sora.... pretty please. 
It can be a distraction since it will blindside your upper left specially if it comes on while you are in the middle of a fight.
Yes, most other players do invite you in a party only to keep track of where you are. This is why I decline it almost every time. 
I still feel strongly that there should be a dedicated server for teamers. 
[Image: .eJwNyMENhSAMANBdGACwoIJrOEGDpJqoJbSefv7...OL-AIKx710]
[-] The following 2 users Like Sugar's post:
  • mcgirt, ™ Chronic