Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does merging have to take so long?
Especially when you're big it takes years to merge back to one cell. This means smaller cells get easier fucked by bigger cells. For example I was #7 on the leaderbord and the first place took me JUST when it merged back. Agar.io supports team playing maybe?

I'd say just decrease the time to merge back. It doesn't have to be instant, like on some servers, or even fast like on those same kind of servers, but just not... I don't know how long but waaaaay too long!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yugopolis's post:
  • Squirrel
(08-10-2016, 12:10 AM)Yugopolis Wrote: Especially when you're big it takes years to merge back to one cell. This means smaller cells get easier fucked by bigger cells. For example I was #7 on the leaderbord and the first place took me JUST when it merged back. Agar.io supports team playing maybe?

I'd say just decrease the time to merge back. It doesn't have to be instant, like on some servers, or even fast like on those same kind of servers, but just not... I don't know how long but waaaaay too long!

The way I understand it, (@karla was my teacher, lol) the bigger you are, the longer it takes for you to rejoin.

So the answer is easy.... ~wink!~

Eiether don't get so big.....
Or don't split so often! Wink

Make your splits worth it. ~grin~ I think it's good the way it is -- it promotes skill. (Although I guess a team could ruin you quickly.)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Storm網, Voakie
I noticed... it's a stupid thing. I mean when it's merging it shouldn't be possible anymore to steal your business imo. I think agar.io doesn't support smaller ones in this case. So the bigger ones grow bigger, smaller ones have less chance.

Off-topic but I notice you're the only one who comments on my topics, Squirrel. I think the users on these forums aren't so talkative... sadly enough.
I personally love fast reform servers...that being said, regular agar is a different game with different strategies! on reg agar, you have to realize that your playing the "long" game (it can literally take 30 min to achieve first place) meaning you really do have to be choosy on your targets (unless your teaming)! as a soloist, I personally like fast servers because it's more about being in "the moment", where everything is immediate, and the bottom player can become the top player in the blink of an eye! there are very different strategies, and very different styles of play for both, but as an adrenaline junkie, I love the second! hope you have fun no matter what style you choose, and hope to see you on the field!
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • Yugopolis
(08-11-2016, 04:44 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: I personally love fast reform servers...that being said, regular agar is a different game with different strategies! on reg agar, you have to realize that your playing the "long" game (it can literally take 30 min to achieve first place) meaning you really do have to be choosy on your targets (unless your teaming)! as a soloist, I personally like fast servers because it's more about being in "the moment", where everything is immediate, and the bottom player can become the top player in the blink of an eye! there are very different strategies, and very different styles of play for both, but as an adrenaline junkie, I love the second! hope you have fun no matter what style you choose, and hope to see you on the field!

Personally I don't really enjoy private servers. :/ There are mainly children and they're very annoying players to play with - if you realise, there are way less users on private servers rather than on the real agar.io.

I just wish agar.io would change the next list of items:

- Faster merging. It doesn't have to be "instant" mode, but it shouldn't take minutes either!
- When you're finally saving back to one, don't make it possible anymore for other users to be still able to steal your smaller cells.
- Whenever the cell which splits to try to hit on another cell and it seems like the other cell just fits into the size of the cell which had split; the biggest one should win. Otherwise it supports teaming by other users feeding them and making it easier for one of them to win.

These are in-game improvements I'd love to see as any update in the forseeable future. Talking about out-game updates: find a way to block the bots which are causing the dreadful lag or buy better servers! Dodgy
Of every one of the reasons for transfer snarls, imminent lane closures bring out a mainly brutal mixture of road rage and manners puzzlement. Mainly drivers know the ache of approaching two lanes in this position; the left one is backed up a large amount further because the correct one will lock in less than a mile thanks to, say, structure.
(08-12-2016, 11:55 AM)ginaowens Wrote: Of every one of the reasons for transfer snarls, imminent lane closures bring out a mainly brutal mixture of road rage and manners puzzlement. Mainly drivers know the ache of approaching two lanes in this position; the left one is backed up a large amount further because the correct one will lock in less than a mile thanks to, say, structure.

I don't mean to sound rude but is this comment related to this topic? If I'm wrong now, it might be because I'm not a native English speaker and I just read this at 4.08 am Big Grin
get good at teaming
its much more fun and solves your problem
Wee Willy Winky runs through the town.
Upstairs downstairs, in his nightgown.
Rapping at the windows, crying through the lock.
Are all the children in their beds? For now it's eight o'clock.
(08-14-2016, 11:18 PM)savant Wrote: get good at teaming
its much more fun and solves your problem

I am good at teaming. However I won't team when I have less than 300 mass as in my point of view it's ridiculous to team with having so few mass. Sometimes I try to hit up someone to team me but they just take the mass and they go on without giving back or giving any signs of an eventual willingness to team. Sometimes they just go and follow me and try to eat me which I find genuinly childish.

So.. I don't think this problem is because of teaming. It's because of the rules of agar.io. This is such a big point they could improve at!
I think It's good the way it is. You should have a teammate so he can eat you're splitted pieces. Oh and also, You don't need to split too much, If you do Self-feed is always the best option. - In my opinion

-Storm
Build a bridge and get over it!
(08-15-2016, 06:15 PM)Storm網 Wrote: I think It's good the way it is. You should have a teammate so he can eat you're splitted pieces. Oh and also, You don't need to split too much, If you do Self-feed is always the best option. - In my opinion

-Storm

But that's the whole point... agar.io itself doesn't support teaming in the FFA servers so I don't understand why the merging is so slow. Talking about self feeding... it's really hard if you aren't too big. If you do one little thing wrong too, it'll make others eat your mass. Tongue