Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
YouTube Channel Comming
My second video, more quirky....I never realized how much I stand with my hip out...lol https://youtu.be/Rw2kfyc3v38

Somewhere there's a rainbow I plan to fly over  Big Grin  

[-] The following 3 users Like DTricksplit's post:
  • Breakfast , Doigt, Squirrel
(07-26-2016, 02:12 AM)DTricksplit Wrote: I took the time to record a video, tried to upload it and somehow totally deleted it amongst other things...ugh.  I think my sanity is hanging on by a thread. Let's top that cake with a world of confusion, who is who, what is legit, have I lost my mind.  I just don't know anymore.

Luckily, someone added a post to this today, and I found a thread I didn't know was there! (lol)

I think you know what I am going to say. But this is more for others' benefit, especially since our audience is seemingly quite young.

I was bullied. In a way, isn't almost everyone subjected to this in some way? Kids can be horrible, when they set their minds to it. And if that is the social norm, than sure, when you look at someone, you'll look for what is different about them, and use that to attack with.

I like your idea better. To change that 'social norm' from one that seeks to spurn and hate others for typically inconsequential things, and instead have the social norm be to love and accept others. To learn from what is different about them, rather than ostracize.

I was fat. I had coke-bottle glasses. I was clumsy, and had a poor sense of balance. Yes, they had a field-day... until I grew. Fortunately, I CHOSE not to care.

Although, I admit, being widely socially ostracized meant that I never tried to make friends. That way, I couldn't be rejected. I let them come to me -- still an issue I face today. I had a number of friends, before I was married, (not an abundance of them, but enough) but they're mostly all gone now. Most likely of my own doing, never having called them, or made time to let them know I appreciated their friendship. (Because I didn't want to impose.)

If you are a target of bullying, let me try to make one thing perfectly clear. YOU DECIDE how you react to it, and what changes it makes to your life. That will very likely be a tough decision. It is easy to 'give in', feel some self-pity, and wallow in depression.

And it is NORMAL for you to do that in secret; to continue to go to school, hold your head high, and pretend. For that is the 'social norm', as I see it. (Sadly, it continues right into the corporate world, where sometimes "frenemies" are ... almost essential.)

Don't deprive yourself of your own life, because that's all that you will be doing!!

There is a purpose and a plan for each of us. And it is life's game, for you to find it. If you let others put you down, you will have finished their intent in short order. Don't DO that!

Learn what you want. Explore the possibilities. Looking back on my younger days, it was insane how much I could learn, when I chose to.

Choose it! For he who works in a job they enjoy, will be positive and bright. They will naturally draw to themselves, others with like interests. They will be respected and admired. And that willingness to contribute will succeed, and make you shine, both in the business world, and in your personal lives.

So CHOOSE to shine! Live to shine!

(08-05-2016, 05:13 AM)DTricksplit Wrote: My second video, more quirky....I never realized how much I stand with my hip out...lol https://youtu.be/Rw2kfyc3v38

I love that you've "gone live" with this!

~puffs out his furry chest~
I think I was her first subscriber. (lol)

Just a side note... if you choose to comment, realize that may make you easier to find. I don't care who chooses to find me. I'm right here!

Be safe in the online world, for those who are depraved and sick, look just like the rest of us when they type.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 3 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Doigt, DTricksplit, Sora
Well Squirrel, as usual, you are a pool of knowledge. Thank you for sharing your story and contributing some helpful advice to those who are suffering because of the ignorance of others.

[-] The following 1 user Likes DTricksplit's post:
  • Squirrel
(08-05-2016, 10:55 PM)DTricksplit Wrote: Well Squirrel, as usual, you are a pool of knowledge.  Thank you for sharing your story and contributing some helpful advice to those who are suffering because of the ignorance of others.

This is your ship. I'm just (a) happy to admit that it also happened to me, and (b) more than happy to contribute in any way that I can. It's an awesome goal that you have!

I'll bet that many do not see the importance of how they react to this stuff, not recognizing that it might change dreams you might have of what you'd like to do or accomplish in life. And that it can needlessly cost you friends, if you decide to just hide from everyone. True friends are not so easy to come by. So there's no need to make that any harder than it already is!
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • DTricksplit
(08-06-2016, 08:55 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(08-05-2016, 10:55 PM)DTricksplit Wrote: Well Squirrel, as usual, you are a pool of knowledge.  Thank you for sharing your story and contributing some helpful advice to those who are suffering because of the ignorance of others.

This is your ship. I'm just (a) happy to admit that it also happened to me, and (b) more than happy to contribute in any way that I can. It's an awesome goal that you have!

I'll bet that many do not see the importance of how they react to this stuff, not recognizing that it might change dreams you might have of what you'd like to do or accomplish in life. And that it can needlessly cost you friends, if you decide to just hide from everyone. True friends are not so easy to come by. So there's no need to make that any harder than it already is!
This is very true.  When people become "damaged" because they allowed some bullies to affect their view of themselves, they end up settling for less than they deserve.  That leads to having people that drag them down in their inner circle, and the cycle repeats over and over again.  If the cycle can be broken before it begins, that would be ideal, it would save them years of wasted tears and heart ache.

• Squirrel
(08-06-2016, 01:29 PM)DTricksplit Wrote: This is very true.  When people become "damaged" because they allowed some bullies to affect their view of themselves, they end up settling for less than they deserve.  That leads to having people that drag them down in their inner circle, and the cycle repeats over and over again.  If the cycle can be broken before it begins, that would be ideal, it would save them years of wasted tears and heart ache.

Absolutely! EXACTLY!

Normally, a message like this, I'd just like to say 'I agree', like it, and move on. But this affects lives, and I think we've already come across a couple people here who've been targets, and affected in a very detrimental way. Plus we know there's a whole bunch of young people here. So if 2 have shared about it, chances are there's two more handfuls that have had some of it, maybe a lot of abuse, and thought they were dealing with it in their own way.

And mayyybe, if we're lucky, they'll see this thread and reconsider rolling over and taking what no-one should. (And hopefully, if they want to talk about it with someone, maybe they'll send a PM. I know you'd be willing. I'm also volunteering.)
Fight the Good Fight
Ok I did a third video, and I must warn you I have let you see me at me worst, but I'm working through things and thought...the good, the bad, and the ugly. Even starting day 2 I can see my eyes are swollen...yeah not good. Don't worry in the last piece I lighten it up and make fun of myself. Here's to upload 3 https://youtu.be/eAHzwasZqy8

(08-12-2016, 12:37 PM)DTricksplit Wrote: Ok I did a third video, and I must warn you I have let you see me at me worst, but I'm working through things and thought...the good, the bad, and the ugly.  Even starting day 2 I can see my eyes are swollen...yeah not good.  Don't worry in the last piece I lighten it up and make fun of myself.  Here's to upload 3 https://youtu.be/eAHzwasZqy8

What ugly? Where ugly?

I see no ugly here... just an exceptionally fine woman, sharing a part of the roller coaster of life. Some days you feel great, and some days seem like they'll never end. The idea, I think, is to strive that, in the end, you've had more ups than downs.

There's one thing that's very different between life's journeys, and an actual roller coaster though. On a roller coaster, people ride it for the drops and rides into the valley... whereas in life, you want to soar -- feeling good, creative, free, accepted, beneficial -- so many different ways to feel good. So I think it's very good to try to ... build a way of dealing with depression. Don't let it control you. Find a way to shrug it off. And keep looking for new things that you love to do in life.

Our time may be finite, but our imaginations are not. Use those images, chase them... because sometimes you can catch them!
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • DTricksplit
(08-12-2016, 03:55 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 12:37 PM)DTricksplit Wrote: Ok I did a third video, and I must warn you I have let you see me at me worst, but I'm working through things and thought...the good, the bad, and the ugly.  Even starting day 2 I can see my eyes are swollen...yeah not good.  Don't worry in the last piece I lighten it up and make fun of myself.  Here's to upload 3 https://youtu.be/eAHzwasZqy8

What ugly? Where ugly?

I see no ugly here... just an exceptionally fine woman, sharing a part of the roller coaster of life. Some days you feel great, and some days seem like they'll never end. The idea, I think, is to strive that, in the end, you've had more ups than downs.

There's one thing that's very different between life's journeys, and an actual roller coaster though. On a roller coaster, people ride it for the drops and rides into the valley... whereas in life, you want to soar -- feeling good, creative, free, accepted, beneficial -- so many different ways to feel good. So I think it's very good to try to ... build a way of dealing with depression. Don't let it control you. Find a way to shrug it off. And keep looking for new things that you love to do in life.

Our time may be finite, but our imaginations are not. Use those images, chase them... because sometimes you can catch them!
Ok,  first made me  Blush  . Thank you
As I kept reading on, you then made me go awww.  I love your last line, it is full of hope, and I should really frame that and hang it on my wall.  It's a really great booster...thanks Heart .

• Squirrel