Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The DUelinG NETWORK RANT
Hello members of the agarioforums community. I am a video-game player like yourself but I play another game. Its called Yugioh. However, recently our site came under attack by an evil company called NAS. Sign this petition to offer support to the resistance: 

https://www.change.org/p/nas-bring-back-dueling-network
Good luck with your petition, though I doubt it will help your cause. I'm myself a Yu-Gi-Oh player and I play almost every week, I tried the DN a year ago and I must say I prefer to play IRL. People there play competitive/meta decks and it forced me to create a serious deck and I didn't really like the experience; at my hobby store, we're more casual players, we nerf our decks to allow longer, less "violent" matches, no one plays a competitive deck and everyone here despise the meta haha.

Anyways, yu-gi-oh! is a lot of fun and I can understand that you're upset, but I think it's a lost cause.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Doigt's post:
  • Nagato
(07-06-2016, 07:25 PM)Nagato Wrote: Hello members of the agarioforums community. I am a video-game player like yourself but I play another game. Its called Yugioh. However, recently our site came under attack by an evil company called NAS. Sign this petition to offer support to the resistance: 

https://www.change.org/p/nas-bring-back-dueling-network

I've never heard of this game, but took a look at the petition.

It is well worded, and concisely describes the situation. I hope that it is helpful, but I'm inclined to agree with @Doigt -- I figure that a company (I don't completely understand how they have a copyright, but they must have, or they wouldn't be able to excise such a heavy-handed response.) willing to force action when no harm is being done to them, is too full of itself, and is unlikely to listen to anything, unless forced to by a court of law.

I signed it, though, and good luck to your community there -- hopefully something will happen, and it won't be a death-blow to another quaint on-line community.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Nagato
Didn't expect serious responses and appreciate them. I don't think the petition will help much either and agree that its probably a lost cause but I just don't want the site to go down in this manner without any fight whatsoever. Thanx!!
(07-07-2016, 03:27 PM)Nagato Wrote: Didn't expect serious responses and appreciate them. I don't think the petition will help much either and agree that its probably a lost cause but I just don't want the site to go down in this manner without any fight whatsoever.  Thanx!!

I agree! Just because we can be docile, and accepting, doesn't mean that we should. If the copyright holder were being harmed, or were it losing money in some way, I could see it's reasoning. But with that absent, I think you have to try to fight, for the sake of NOT being just docile and accepting.

Good luck again, and hopefully a few others here will sign it as well!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!