Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not new, but I don't think I introduced myself properly
My name is Kimberly and I usually fly the Ladybug.

I am a Set PA, or other film crew on indie films.

I have been a driver to LA talent such as Michael Biehn, Cam Gigandet, Brit Shaw, and Johnathan Rhys Meyers.

See ya on the board!

Have seen you around for a while, but I welcome your introduction! PA, sounds interesting!
Have any questions? Send me a message here: http://agarioforums.net/private.php?action=send&uid=1
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sora's post:
  • Meerkat
Welcome to the Forums! The Staff is always available if you need help Big Grin
[Image: Voakie.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Voakie 's post:
  • Meerkat
Welcome to the forums!, I hope you enjoy it here.

-Greets.
Web Developer 
(06-18-2016, 06:19 PM)KimberlyRolling Wrote: My name is Kimberly and I usually fly the Ladybug.

I have been a driver to LA talent such as Michael Biehn, Cam Gigandet, Brit Shaw, and Johnathan Rhys Meyers.

See ya on the board!

It's always nice to hear about a bit of people's lives, and it sounds like you may have a job that a few of the faithful here would kill for!

The way I hear it, you crews either work like dogs (12-15 hr days), or have significant periods without anything to do at all. Is that right? I can never tell what to believe, or what not to.

Here's hoping that you enjoy your downtime a bit more with us, and thanks for sharing your intro!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Meerkat
Welcome Big Grin
Tired of living.
Nice to meet you Smile
Nice to meet ya!
"Do you want to fly with a dragon?"

"No, I want to be a dragon flying"
Helllooooooo Heart
[Image: Cx6kf2m.png]
[Image: Bn0C7b5.png?1]
(06-19-2016, 08:31 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(06-18-2016, 06:19 PM)KimberlyRolling Wrote: My name is Kimberly and I usually fly the Ladybug.

See ya on the board!

It's always nice to hear about a bit of people's lives, and it sounds like you may have a job that a few of the faithful here would kill for!

The way I hear it, you crews either work like dogs (12-15 hr days), or have significant periods without anything to do at all. Is that right? I can never tell what to believe, or what not to.

Here's hoping that you enjoy your downtime a bit more with us, and thanks for sharing your intro!

That is exactly how it works! LOL!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Meerkat's post:
  • Squirrel
(06-19-2016, 08:28 PM)KimberlyRolling Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 08:31 AM)Squirrel Wrote: The way I hear it, you crews either work like dogs (12-15 hr days), or have significant periods without anything to do at all. Is that right? I can never tell what to believe, or what not to.

Well then! We hope that you're never idle so much, that you find it hard to pay the bills! We're proud to have a real-live Hollywood worker amongst us, we promise not to pretend to like you just so we can try to cajole/scoop some intel from you, we'll try not to be jealous of your occasional working with famous people (or those who should/might become famous), and look forward to the downtime that you spend with us!

Another question... I am in the place sometimes known as 'Hollywood North'. While I don't have a single autograph, have never staked out a street corner because a show was filming, and once even had to come have a chat with police at 3am, because they were preventing an employee from returning to his desk (lol), I do have an interest in the industry. But is there enough work to go around, or do you find that people there wish we didn't do any of that stuff?

Anyways, if you play the public game/Teams, I hope to run into you while on the same team sometime. Big Grin

And if we're on opposite teams, I hope you think nothing of it, if I start chasing you. ~cough~
Fight the Good Fight
(06-20-2016, 03:40 AM)Squirrel Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 08:28 PM)KimberlyRolling Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 08:31 AM)Squirrel Wrote: The way I hear it, you crews either work like dogs (12-15 hr days), or have significant periods without anything to do at all. Is that right? I can never tell what to believe, or what not to.

Well then! We hope that you're never idle so much, that you find it hard to pay the bills! We're proud to have a real-live Hollywood worker amongst us, we promise not to pretend to like you just so we can try to cajole/scoop some intel from you, we'll try not to be jealous of your occasional working with famous people (or those who should/might become famous), and look forward to the downtime that you spend with us!

Another question... I am in the place sometimes known as 'Hollywood North'. While I don't have a single autograph, have never staked out a street corner because a show was filming, and once even had to come have a chat with police at 3am, because they were preventing an employee from returning to his desk (lol), I do have an interest in the industry. But is there enough work to go around, or do you find that people there wish we didn't do any of that stuff?

Anyways, if you play the public game/Teams, I hope to run into you while on the same team sometime. Big Grin

And if we're on opposite teams, I hope you think nothing of it, if I start chasing you. ~cough~

I am in Atlanta, what they are calling the New Hollywood. Everyone is moving here! It is hard getting on films. It is not who you know, but who knows you! I am still pretty new to this business, about a year in, hardly getting any paid gigs. So yeah, it is tough, you have to start from the bottom and you have to be willing to do free stuff to get your name out there and network.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Meerkat's post:
  • Squirrel
(06-20-2016, 01:57 PM)KimberlyRolling Wrote: It is not who you know, but who knows you! I am still pretty new to this business, about a year in, hardly getting any paid gigs. So yeah, it is tough, you have to start from the bottom and you have to be willing to do free stuff to get your name out there and network.

~sigh~ Your line is so true of many professions. If you're lucky, a big-player asks, "OKAY, listen up everyone! I need a _insert bizarre job description here_ by the end of the week! If you know someone who might fit, e-mail me the deets! I'm desperate, people, so think hard! The guy who gets me the name, doesn't have to do my B.S. jobs for 6 months, and I buy you a round next night out!"

And that hardly ever happens. :|

I'm glad you're getting something, at least.

And I guess furthermore, it would be very hard to hold down part-time jobs on the side, while you wait for your networking to take hold. If I find any 4-;eaf clovers in my travels through the forests & fields, I'l mail them to you!
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Meerkat