Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic Arcade Games
Currently in my free time I am refurbishing/repairing an old arcade machine. When I'm done with all the looks, I am going to be installing a custom system where you can play almost old arcade game you can think of. It's called Hyperspin in case you were wondering. Even though I wasn't really alive during the age of arcades being the most popular place to go, I still love to play the old classics. 

I'm still deciding on the games I want to put in the cabinet. (Some people make custom cabinets with thousands of games but I want to stick to the games I know I'm going to play and the classics that others will enjoy without wasting space.)

Installed games so far:
- Asteroids
- BombJack
- BubbleBobble
- Centipede
- Defender
- Donkey Kong
- Donkey Kong 2
- Donkey Kong 3
- Donkey Kong JR.
- Frogger
- Galaga (my personal favorite)
- Galaxian
- Space Invaders
- Mario Bros
- Ms. Pac Man
- Pac Man
- QBert

I am most likely missing some classic games. I would love to know what your favorite classic arcade game(s) was(were)! I'm trying to put all the favorites in Smile
[Image: YEET.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like YEET's post:
  • Shadow Fox, Sora, Squirrel
I love hearing about young fans of the classic arcade scene! I thought you just might be an old school gamer.

I actually only remember the lower quality console versions of most of those games. My earliest memories of the Arcade start in the late eighties. But, my favorites come from the early nineties with Capcom and Neo-Geo classics. I remember putting a lot of quarters into Final Fight, Street Fighter II,  Mortal Kombat II, TMNT and maybe a few into World Heroes. Requiring coins for you cabinet might bring back a lot of good and bad memories for some!

Is the emulation software called Hyperspin? I haven’t played with emulation software in a long time. I’m guessing various versions of MAME are still being developed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post:
  • YEET
(07-11-2017, 08:21 PM)YEET Wrote: Currently in my free time I am refurbishing/repairing an old arcade machine.

~some details snipped~

I'm still deciding on the games I want to put in the cabinet.
Installed games so far:
- Asteroids
- Centipede
- Defender
- Donkey Kong
- Frogger
- Galaxian
- Space Invaders
- Mario Bros
- Ms. Pac Man
- Pac Man

~snipped the games he didn't remember~

I am most likely missing some classic games. I would love to know what your favorite classic arcade game(s) was(were)! I'm trying to put all the favorites in Smile

lol... I must admit, although being one of the only people alive through that era, I never went to an arcade even once as a kid, and if I had quarters to spend, it was going tio be to buy more disks, a new memory card and so-on, lol... not to be wasted on an arcade machine!

But occasionally I was there with some of my friends, and honestly, I can't think of a single game that you didn't already list off.

Kind of a cool idea! I hope that you'll share a picture of it with us, when it's all done, and good luck to ya??

This is exactly the fun type of project that I think everyone should be trying...! (Everyone would have their own idea of what would be fun. If everyone did it, we could make a thread and share them! Or hey, use this one, maybe!)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • YEET
I love classic games, I've played at least half of these.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Final's post:
  • YEET
(07-12-2017, 03:14 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote: I love hearing about young fans of the classic arcade scene! I thought you just might be an old school gamer.

I actually only remember the lower quality console versions of most of those games. My earliest memories of the Arcade start in the late eighties. But, my favorites come from the early nineties with Capcom and Neo-Geo classics. I remember putting a lot of quarters into Final Fight, Street Fighter II,  Mortal Kombat II, TMNT and maybe a few into World Heroes. Requiring coins for you cabinet might bring back a lot of good and bad memories for some!

Is the emulation software called Hyperspin? I haven’t played with emulation software in a long time. I’m guessing various versions of MAME are still being developed.

Yes, I am using Hyperspin! It's one of many front-end programs for emulators like MAME and Snes9x. Personally, it's my favorite because of its very attractive and arcade-feel interface.

(07-12-2017, 06:06 AM)Squirrel Wrote: lol... I must admit, although being one of the only people alive through that era, I never went to an arcade even once as a kid, and if I had quarters to spend, it was going tio be to buy more disks, a new memory card and so-on, lol... not to be wasted on an arcade machine!

But occasionally I was there with some of my friends, and honestly, I can't think of a single game that you didn't already list off.

Kind of a cool idea! I hope that you'll share a picture of it with us, when it's all done, and good luck to ya??

This is exactly the fun type of project that I think everyone should be trying...! (Everyone would have their own idea of what would be fun. If everyone did it, we could make a thread and share them! Or hey, use this one, maybe!)

Thanks squirrel! I've been planning this project for months and I just started to jump on it! I'm going to try to stick to the old classic arcade look instead of making it look really modern and extreme. I'll definitely share some pictures when I receive all the parts! I might even make a cool projects tread Wink
[Image: YEET.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes YEET's post:
  • Squirrel
Missile Command is classic that wants in on your list.

I have to add Golden Axe to my list. I love side-scrolling beat 'em ups!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post:
  • YEET
Quote:I love hearing about Zotrim success stories and young fans of the classic arcade scene! I thought you just might be an old school gamer.

I played a few of those back in the day. Great list, way to go!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dockins's post:
  • YEET
Dig dug was great, but the best one of all time was GAUNTLET I bet I've pumped $100 bucks into that game as a kid. I'd also say RoadBlaster but that takes a steering wheel setup.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • YEET
Asteroids was a fun one for me
Lifetime supporter & Lifetime member for:  

Special Thanks to, @Sora & @retslac

[Image: agmalogo_a.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Owl 's post:
  • YEET
I play
Donkey Kong
Pac Man
Mario Bros (My favorite)
and many more.
As an old school gamer I know all of these games Big Grin I used to play them all day long, I'v even played other games as well which are not listed here.
Agario Gaming Fan  Angel
[Image: giphy.gif]
Here in the object world we dont have arcade machines,but i do recognize arcade games a bit(like pacman or donkey kong)
5 new games have been uploaded to WOOHPs new arcade:

3D Field Goal - Pro Sports
Zookeeper Puzzle
Mon Buster Puzzle
Frogger Classic
Ninja Gaiden Classic
Batmans Gotham Dark Night Action for Spies89 XD

Ill be using this thread from now on to announce all new uploads.
I've played Mario Bros, the classic games remind me of my childhood, but the new ones also have a lot of very good mod games apkrabi
arcade games are so entertaining! I love them