Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
server is getting chronically laggy?
Question 
Blush Is anyone else finding that this last week all the servers have been unbearably laggy? I'm talking like stop gap animation style. 

I hope its not the new norm?? If so, I may have to say bon voyage and make better use of my time lol.

T
IOIOIO-OG
[-] The following 1 user Likes ioioio-OG's post:
  • Sugar
If you are talking about Agar.io, then I have noticed. Even on mobile there has been a lot of lag lately. The wait time for Rush Mode matches has gotten longer as well.

It might have something to do with the latest updates on mobile (Version 1.8.4) and the implementation of the new leader board system.
(06-23-2017, 12:12 AM)ioioio-OG Wrote: Blush Is anyone else finding that this last week all the servers have been unbearably laggy? I'm talking like stop gap animation style. 

I hope its not the new norm?? If so, I may have to say bon voyage and make better use of my time lol.

T
IOIOIO-OG

yu mun. somewhat floaty .
(06-23-2017, 02:12 AM)Relax Wrote:
(06-23-2017, 12:12 AM)ioioio-OG Wrote: Blush Is anyone else finding that this last week all the servers have been unbearably laggy? I'm talking like stop gap animation style. 

T
IOIOIO-OG
Try to turn skins and names off, see if that helps.

Lag is something that is very spur-of-the-moment...

I would be surprised if he was still having any?

I actually have had none of any kind on the new game.

Of course, working for an ISP, I kinda have no shortage of bandwidth... lol
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
Most likely its because my 4 kids are home from school for the summer and they have a vacuum hooked up to the modem and their sucking bandwidth out faster than it can roll.

ughhh.
[-] The following 3 users Like ioioio-OG's post:
  • Squirrel , Sugar, ™ Chronic
(06-23-2017, 03:24 PM)ioioio-OG Wrote: Most likely its because my 4 kids are home from school for the summer and they have a vacuum hooked up to the modem and their sucking bandwidth out faster than it can roll.

ughhh.

Call your provider! You should be able to see if thats true... and see what your peak is. ISP's love overselling you on bandwidth... and in Canada, they add data caps. But if your kids can manage to use 10Gbps then probably 12Gbps will be enough. Either that, or figure out how to threaten them successfully into using less. ~grin~

(If you find a way that works, puh-LEASE, do let me know!!)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(06-23-2017, 03:24 PM)ioioio-OG Wrote: Most likely its because my 4 kids are home from school for the summer and they have a vacuum hooked up to the modem and their sucking bandwidth out faster than it can roll.

ughhh.

lol
Bullies have personal issues.

ughhh.

Everyone had been experiencing lag recently. I hope that if more people complains, they hear it out and do something about it. 
@Sora please there's a lot of people that has been experiencing it, it couldnt have been all because everyones internet is having problems. Maybe increase the server size. 
It is sad to see a lot more people stop playing because its annoying that theres 1-2 sec delays.
[Image: .eJwNyMENhSAMANBdGACwoIJrOEGDpJqoJbSefv7...OL-AIKx710]
(06-23-2017, 12:45 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote: If you are talking about Agar.io, then I have noticed. Even on mobile there has been a lot of lag lately. The wait time for Rush Mode matches has gotten longer as well.

It might have something to do with the latest updates on mobile (Version 1.8.4) and the implementation of the new leader board system.

How long does it take you to get into Rush Mode? I never get in, but maybe I give up too soon.
[img]webkit-fake-url://28fd8d56-ce27-4c20-a622-f31c35ab6e09/imagepng[/img]https: // [Image: Kipper_Sig.png] / tzl2r0ujr / Kipper_Sig.png
(06-27-2017, 06:09 PM)Kipper Wrote: How long does it take you to get into Rush Mode? I never get in, but maybe I give up too soon.

I’m still seeing a lot of estimated times of 30 seconds, which is the maximum that’s ever displayed. I usually don’t wait since it could mean 30 seconds or never. Weekends and evenings are a little better with more 10 to 20 second wait times. But, overall my wait times on the NA servers are a lot longer then just a few weeks ago.

I just hope it’s not because of a drop in the number of players. Of course any player attrition has nothing to do with aggressive teaming that quickly dominates the Rush Match!
(06-28-2017, 01:02 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 06:09 PM)Kipper Wrote: How long does it take you to get into Rush Mode? I never get in, but maybe I give up too soon.

I’m still seeing a lot of estimated times of 30 seconds, which is the maximum that’s ever displayed. I usually don’t wait since it could mean 30 seconds or never. Weekends and evenings are a little better with more 10 to 20 second wait times. But, overall my wait times on the NA servers are a lot longer then just a few weeks ago.

I just hope it’s not because of a drop in the number of players. Of course any player attrition has nothing to do with aggressive teaming that quickly dominates the Rush Match!

I can't remember the last time I've successfully gotten into Rush Mode. I play only on the NA servers on my iPad. It's probably for the best as I get beaten down enough by aggressive teaming in the regular mode, haha! I like completing the daily quests though for the free mass boosts. Oh well :/
[img]webkit-fake-url://28fd8d56-ce27-4c20-a622-f31c35ab6e09/imagepng[/img]https: // [Image: Kipper_Sig.png] / tzl2r0ujr / Kipper_Sig.png
(06-29-2017, 12:42 AM)Kipper Wrote: I can't remember the last time I've successfully gotten into Rush Mode. I play only on the NA servers on my iPad. It's probably for the best as I get beaten down enough by aggressive teaming in the regular mode, haha! I like completing the daily quests though for the free mass boosts. Oh well :/

Make sure you have the latest version of the app.

I just noticed that my Android tablet with the latest version (1.8.4) has no problems getting into Rush Matches. But, my iPad with the last major version (1.7.1) always displays 30 second wait times.

If the app is running fine, I don’t always update right away. I think I have no choice now!
(06-30-2017, 12:56 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 12:42 AM)Kipper Wrote: I can't remember the last time I've successfully gotten into Rush Mode. I play only on the NA servers on my iPad. It's probably for the best as I get beaten down enough by aggressive teaming in the regular mode, haha! I like completing the daily quests though for the free mass boosts. Oh well :/

Make sure you have the latest version of the app.

I just noticed that my Android tablet with the latest version (1.8.4) has no problems getting into Rush Matches. But, my iPad with the last major version (1.7.1) always displays 30 second wait times.

If the app is running fine, I don’t always update right away. I think I have no choice now!

I think it is 1.8.4 on my iPad and I still get the 30 second to never wait. I'll have to look into this further.   Thanks!
(07-01-2017, 05:47 AM)Kipper Wrote: I think it is 1.8.4 on my iPad and I still get the 30 second to never wait. I'll have to look into this further.   Thanks!

Miniclip recently released another update for both platforms (1.8.5). It might solve your problem with Rush Mode.
Sad 
(07-04-2017, 12:33 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:
(07-01-2017, 05:47 AM)Kipper Wrote: I think it is 1.8.4 on my iPad and I still get the 30 second to never wait. I'll have to look into this further.   Thanks!

Miniclip recently released another update for both platforms (1.8.5). It might solve your problem with Rush Mode.

I contacted support recently and they advised me to reinstall the app and now I can't connect through my Facebook account. I'm mildly traumatized right now!!! lol! I can only play on a new guest account. I can still use my hieroglyphic horse at least. The starting mass is so low, it's crazy.