Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Top Posters
It's sooooo sad how the "top posters" get majority of their post's from spamming...
Like pointless games like this: [Image: mGcq1WS.jpg] that have no purpose whatsoever and are just meant for racking up on "post count" quickly without actually posting quality posts.

@Sora
There should be a leader board for members with most quality post's and threads + suggestions. I don't know exactly how "quality" will be measured, but i'm sure there is a way. I'm pretty sure if such a thing existed, it would be filled with a completely different set of members, for instance: Voakie, runSPOTrun,101, Spectrumss, etc (sorry if I missed someone)

Just my opinion  Sleepy
I DO REAL MAGICKS!!!
[Image: EjVstd3.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like JUMBO_BLOB's post:
  • run SPOT run , Voakie , ✨101✨
Like i said most of the times: It's the players choice what he wants to do with there points.
Some goals that the 'spamming' threads are doing:
#1: Able to continue the game.
#2: This also have to do with 'teamwork'.
#3: Like for example, connecting the words. You'll be able to learn words that you never have heard of.
~Konoha/ Blud
I'm gorgeous!

[Image: bb4e29b1658af6553f2df77facf12568.png]
Idc about post count at all, but it is disappointing to open a thread hoping to see something worthwhile and it's just something stupid or a one word comment. most of the forum games I like, and you know what they are from the title, it's the misleading ones that jerk my chain.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes run SPOT run 's post:
  • ~XC
(05-18-2016, 05:18 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: Idc about post count at all, but it is disappointing to open a thread hoping to see something worthwhile and it's just something stupid or a one word comment. most of the forum games I like, and you know what they are from the title, it's the misleading ones that jerk my chain.

Which kind of threads? The game type threads or like these 2:
http://agarioforums.net/showthread.php?tid=3264
http://agarioforums.net/showthread.php?tid=3273
~Konoha/ Blud
I'm gorgeous!

[Image: bb4e29b1658af6553f2df77facf12568.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Konoha 's post:
  • ~XC
i like how you talk about pointless threads... this is one of them, youre making this to get attention, you have your message to sora go pm sora i couldnt give less of a fuck what you think of top posters sorry ^
[Image: WlAw2Ag.png]
RIP Xilli <3 i'll always love you!
(05-18-2016, 03:38 AM)JUMBO_BLOB Wrote: There should be a leader board for members with most quality post's and threads + suggestions. I don't know exactly how "quality" will be measured, but i'm sure there is a way. I'm pretty sure if such a thing existed, it would be filled with a completely set of members, for instance: Voakie, runSPOTrun,101, Spectrumss, etc (sorry if I missed someone)

Never mind the post count... It's part of the BB program, so you're not going to get rid of it. But that doesn't mean that any 'post leaderboard', or the actual number has to mean anything.

If you're interested in something that tracks "quality posts", I'd say that we already have that, and it's called the 'Like' button!
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 5 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Robin , Sora, ~XC, ℱIRE , ✨101✨
Mhm, I'm pretty sure everyone already said the most important things.
The main meaning of forum games is working in a team & achieving a goal together as a community, and I know you agree with that. I admit that I may be "spamming", but I also posted more quality posts such as the forum rules. Or do you have any other explanation of the amount of likes I received?
            "Experience has taught me that wishful thinking 
                                 only leads to disappointment."

[-] The following 5 users Like Mikasa's post:
  • Konoha , Robin , Sora, Squirrel , ℱIRE
(05-18-2016, 05:09 AM)blood cr Wrote: Like i said most of the times: It's the players choice what he wants to do with there points.
Some goals that the 'spamming' threads are doing:
#1: Able to continue the game.
#2: This also have to do with 'teamwork'.
#3: Like for example, connecting the words. You'll be able to learn words that you never have heard of.

I'm fine with forum "games" but honesthy WTH is the point of count to 10,000?

(05-18-2016, 05:18 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: Idc about post count at all, but it is disappointing to open a thread hoping to see something worthwhile and it's just something stupid or a one word comment. most of the forum games I like, and you know what they are from the title, it's the misleading ones that jerk my chain.

yea this is what a lot of people need to know how to do: http://agarioforums.net/showthread.php?tid=2580
BTW @Voakie this is by far one of the best threads I have seen from you and is truly very thoughtful^

(05-18-2016, 12:25 PM)Mikasa Wrote: Mhm, I'm pretty sure everyone already said the most important things.
The main meaning of forum games is working in a team & achieving a goal together as a community, and I know you agree with that. I admit that I may be "spamming", but I also posted more quality posts such as the forum rules. Or do you have any other explanation of the amount of likes I received?

Nice job on Forum Rules, although a similar thread existed before you made that thread.
I DO REAL MAGICKS!!!
[Image: EjVstd3.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like JUMBO_BLOB's post:
  • Voakie , ✨101✨
(05-18-2016, 03:38 AM)JUMBO_BLOB Wrote: It's sooooo sad how the "top posters" get majority of their post's from spamming...
Like pointless games like this: [Image: mGcq1WS.jpg] that have no purpose whatsoever and are just meant for racking up on "post count" quickly without actually posting quality posts.

@Sora
There should be a leader board for members with most quality post's and threads + suggestions. I don't know exactly how "quality" will be measured, but i'm sure there is a way. I'm pretty sure if such a thing existed, it would be filled with a completely different set of members, for instance: Voakie, runSPOTrun,101, Spectrumss, etc (sorry if I missed someone)

Just my opinion  Sleepy

Why do you need to post quality posts?

Games like counting to 10000 are in the fun section. Otherwise the fun section should be dead. Figurly.
Tired of living.
IMO Post count just shows how much time you have on AGF and the amount of posts you have, it doesn't really matter to me if you got those posts from counting games, or answering people's questions, etc.

I understand your point @JUMBO_BLOB but it's not that big of a deal Heart
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like ✨101✨ 's post:
  • ~XC, ℱIRE
A few things:
1. I respect your opinion
2. Idc about post count
3. Idc about who is on the top posters
4. Post count shouldn't be 'restricting'. You should be able to post as much as you like (not literally ofc  Wink)
5. A quality leaderboard isn't really a good idea, because I guarantee you that we would have a similar situation like the one we have now  Tongue
"Do you want to fly with a dragon?"

"No, I want to be a dragon flying"
[-] The following 2 users Like ℱIRE 's post:
  • JUMBO_BLOB, Robin
I don't think there nothing else to say. Everybody said all main things...Tongue
[Image: Robin.png]
(05-18-2016, 03:48 PM)Robin Wrote: I don't think there nothing else to say. Everybody said all main things...Tongue

10/10 for trying to contribute m8!
"Do you want to fly with a dragon?"

"No, I want to be a dragon flying"
[-] The following 1 user Likes ℱIRE 's post:
  • JUMBO_BLOB
(05-18-2016, 03:50 PM)ℱIRE Wrote:
(05-18-2016, 03:48 PM)Robin Wrote: I don't think there nothing else to say. Everybody said all main things...Tongue

10/10 for trying to contribute m8!

Thnx m8 <3
[Image: Robin.png]
(05-18-2016, 12:25 PM)Mikasa Wrote: Mhm, I'm pretty sure everyone already said the most important things.

Sure, I have an explanation that's different!

They like you!

~Squirrel teases the staff~

And as for that count to 10000, or whatever... sure it's a game. And if it weren't for you, it would seem a lot harder getting to that finish line.

If no-one were having fun with it, then you'd be posting 50-75% of the messages by yourself. If that were the case, I think even you would think maybe there were better ideas for games, and get rid of it. Wink I think the last I saw, you were on page 127 or somewhere around there. Still a long ways to go, but almost 13% of the way there!

And I think we've pretty much agreed that the post #'s don't mean much.

Also, those posts are short, and you don't have a long signature.

Quite frankly, I find some of the elaborate signatures to be more annoying than a one-line post that pretty much could have been achieved by just clicking on 'like'.

~squirrel thinks of himself being fed to alligators & makes an angry noise~ (Sigh. But that one's funny. And I still say it's a cardboard cutout of a squirrel, not the real one....)
~Squirrel thinks of Fal's flash-madness~ (Sigh. But her profile claims that she's a demon, and aren't they supposed to be scary creatures, quickly recognized and feared, bent on evil deeds? Besides, it looks cool.)
~squirrel thinks of that guy with the pool cue, and chasing an @ss~ ~more angry noises~ (But, yeah, I'm straight. Would I really object if it were pursuing a gal's back-end? I think not!)

So I'm striking out. But I still think a long sig could be more annoying than a high post count which are short on content.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Mikasa