Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ch ch ch chaaaanges....
here's the old client http://agarioforums.io/
I encourage you to register and try the new one out though, it's going to be interesting!
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like run SPOT run 's post:
  • Concite, QueenHeather, Robin
I agree, i just came here from agma!  It is the only one of its kind and im really hyped, could not stop playing for 5 hours STRAIGHT!!!! and i got like 10 friends already in my friendlist haha
[-] The following 2 users Like Concite's post:
  • run SPOT run , TinTinkimiggy
(04-25-2017, 10:04 PM)Concite Wrote: I agree, i just came here from agma!  It is the only one of its kind and im really hyped, could not stop playing for 5 hours STRAIGHT!!!! and i got like 10 friends already in my friendlist haha

The game design is interesting imo and is something i would probs play for some time to come except... LAG! Hopefully, a computer restart will bring back smoother gameplay  Cool
(04-26-2017, 01:36 AM)iAcid Wrote:
(04-25-2017, 10:04 PM)Concite Wrote: I agree, i just came here from agma!  It is the only one of its kind and im really hyped, could not stop playing for 5 hours STRAIGHT!!!! and i got like 10 friends already in my friendlist haha

The game design is interesting imo and is something i would probs play for some time to come except... LAG! Hopefully, a computer restart will bring back smoother gameplay  Cool

I'm not having lag...  Just something to consider: do you have multiple windows open while playing?  If you do, try closing some.  Especially multiple game windows will cause lag.
[-] The following 2 users Like retslac's post:
  • Squirrel , Voakie
(04-27-2017, 10:45 AM)retslac Wrote: I'm not having lag...  Just something to consider: do you have multiple windows open while playing?  If you do, try closing some.  Especially multiple game windows will cause lag.

Ran a defragmentation program on my computer. Works great without lag now! Thanks for ur input as well
[-] The following 2 users Like iAcid's post:
  • QueenHeather, Squirrel
(04-26-2017, 01:36 AM)iAcid Wrote: The game design is interesting imo and is something i would probs play for some time to come except... LAG! Hopefully, a computer restart will bring back smoother gameplay  Cool

Alas, currently, for Windows users, I think most lag is the result of Flash games that end up eating all available memory, and causing the machine to start using disk as memory -- s.. o..... p..a...i......n..f..u..l.l..........y  s...l..o.........w..w.w...www!

You can find out, usually, from the Task Manager, and see if your browser is eating 90% of the memory, and what's eating the CPU.

For CPU usage, it's often scripts with a bug/something that's just "unhandled" that cause it to eat an excessive amount of CPU cycles.

But yeah, if you reboot, start doing nothing else but the game, and you still have lag... then it's not likely your computer that is to blame.

If the browser is the issue, you can usually close all open windows for it... wait a few mins to make sure it'll start a new browser instance, then try again, and it's better. If it logs you back in automagically to stuff, it very well could have had the same Session ID that many games use, once you're logged in, and that would be a sign the browser didn't actually restart. That is one of the reasons that I never let browsers save my passwords -- and it also forces me to remember them on my own.
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(04-28-2017, 03:23 AM)Squirrel Wrote: Alas, currently, for Windows users, I think most lag is the result of Flash games that end up eating all available memory, and causing the machine to start using disk as memory -- s.. o..... p..a...i......n..f..u..l.l..........y  s...l..o.........w..w.w...www!

You can find out, usually, from the Task Manager, and see if your browser is eating 90% of the memory, and what's eating the CPU.

For CPU usage, it's often scripts with a bug/something that's just "unhandled" that cause it to eat an excessive amount of CPU cycles.

But yeah, if you reboot, start doing nothing else but the game, and you still have lag... then it's not likely your computer that is to blame.

If the browser is the issue, you can usually close all open windows for it... wait a few mins to make sure it'll start a new browser instance, then try again, and it's better. If it logs you back in automagically to stuff, it very well could have had the same Session ID that many games use, once you're logged in, and that would be a sign the browser didn't actually restart. That is one of the reasons that I never let browsers save my passwords -- and it also forces me to remember them on my own.

the most tech-savvy rodent out there, peoples  Cool
(04-28-2017, 04:38 AM)iAcid Wrote: the most tech-savvy rodent out there, peoples  Cool

And likely the only self-professed rodent that you talk to....... but thanks.

I just know that when I was a younger guy, and right into computers... it was very clear (to me, because of the amount of time I'd spent on it) what was going on in my machine.... and as time goes on, that becomes more and more of a challenge.

(lol)

So I try to keep people a bit informed when it comes to issues, mostly because I hate not knowing whats going on with my computer.
Fight the Good Fight
(04-25-2017, 09:59 PM)run SPOT run Wrote: here's the old client http://agarioforums.io/
I encourage you to register and try the new one out though, it's going to be interesting!

Thanks @run SPOT run for the link...

I am started to like the new server.. it is pretty cool.... except the fact that it contains bots.. lol
[Image: Robin.png]
pay to win has always pissed me off (rip dragons are sexy)....bots suck
[-] The following 2 users Like run SPOT run 's post:
  • Relax , Squirrel
(04-29-2017, 06:27 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: pay to win has always pissed me off (rip dragons are sexy)....bots suck

I agree, pay-to-win sucks... but I still think it's a good model:
  • it almost always means the game is either free to play, or affordable, to maximize the number of foes;
  • there is a sense of achievement when you take down a guy that you know is bulking up with $$; and
  • it's a great way for a game to relieve some people who just have.... too much money of... some of their money.

The people who hate it the worst are those who are in the game for just one reason: TO WIN

That's never been me, though. I play a game for the people. and the fun.
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • run SPOT run , Voakie
However, the very essence of a PTW game is that you cannot really win against those who have invested more cash into the game than you do. Doesn't matter how skilled you are or how many hours you play, while in more convential games, those things are usually rewarded.

I think it is very easy to say that you shouldn't play a game just to win, but that having fun should be the only reason. That if you have fun, then victory is meaningless. Let's be honest. Anyone who says that is being hypocritical. While it is true that you shouldn't be a sore loser and that you should find value in your amusement, losing too often will unavoidably make the game dull and that is where the Pay-To-Win model generally falls into.

Players who don't pay anything will almost always be on the losing side, while those who paid for what is essentialy fancy cheating will either win or lose depending on how much money they wasted on the game...

Is Pay-To-Win a good model? For the gamers, no it isn't, but for the devs on the other hand...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Doigt's post:
  • run SPOT run
(04-30-2017, 05:32 AM)Doigt Wrote: However, the very essence of a PTW game is that you cannot really win against those who have invested more cash into the game than you do. Doesn't matter how skilled you are or how many hours you play, while in more convential games, those things are usually rewarded.

I think it is very easy to say that you shouldn't play a game just to win, but that having fun should be the only reason. That if you have fun, then victory is meaningless. Let's be honest. Anyone who says that is being hypocritical. While it is true that you shouldn't be a sore loser and that you should find value in your amusement, losing too often will unavoidably make the game dull and that is where the Pay-To-Win model generally falls into.

Players who don't pay anything will almost always be on the losing side, while those who paid for what is essentialy fancy cheating will either win or lose depending on how much money they wasted on the game...

Is Pay-To-Win a good model? For the gamers, no it isn't, but for the devs on the other hand...

Maybe again I am biased, never having been a great game player, but having done some coding, and taken care of for-profit on-line systems...

But for the player, if they like the game and want to succeed, then they also need the developer/operator of the game to do well... or their game will just up and disappear one day.

And actually, the game that I most vividly recall as "pay to win" model had... sort of two modes....

One, where you played for free, and progress was retarded, some options completely unavailable.
And two, where you paid a fixed sum for a period of time. For this mode, of course, all things were possible.

And while that also had a shop where, true to the 'pay to win' model, you could buy additional resources, and various things to make the game easier for you.... generally it did not play the game for you, and you still had to have the skill and knowhow to use those resources.

I know I was part of a serious team that took down a team of many "pay to win" type players, and it was soooo satisfying. Yes, we paid a nominal fee to play the game... but it was still affordable.

I guess that strictly, the game I played was a combination of the "pay to win" and "pay to play" models. :|
Fight the Good Fight
yes, I tested Agma and I like it, I got score of 60k on it but the old one will still be my favorite
Ow i didnt knew about that
[Image: Shimamura_Sig.png]

[Image: Shimamura_Sig.png]
                                                  Thanks very much, @EqAtOmBe
                                                   for skin and signature, kiss