Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
This is just WRONG!
What is wrong with this picture?!

(Oh. I briefly considered putting thius under "General Discussions" because it's not very nerd-worthy. But it clearly says that "General" pertains to "Agar.io" only, and not our own forums, soooo....)

Aww, hell. I was going to present a screenshot that shows my Alerts.... "Squirrel just quoteD Squirrel", complete with my cute visage..... and I realized I'd have to go make a picture "out there" somewhere, then link to it, and I'm too lazy.

And it occurs to me someone could AlertSpam someone by:
~Squirrel wonders who to perpetrate this act of insanity on and picks @Voakie ~
  • Specify one poor sap (i.e. @Voakie ) multiple times in the same post
  • Quote someone 10-times over
    (04-29-2016, 01:52 PM)Voakie Wrote: 5 of deez nuts and 1 stick (kill me for that joke please)
    (04-29-2016, 01:52 PM)Voakie Wrote: 5 of deez nuts and 1 stick (kill me for that joke please)
    ...and then edit the post and take them out (which is how this foo' managed to do the aforementioned screenshot...

I wonder what he's going to do to..... Oh ^%$#@, here he comes! Why couldn't he be named "tortoise" ionstead?!?!?
~Squirrel tears up the nearby tree, and out on the highest, thinnest branch, hurtles himself through the air, aiming for another small branch on a different tree~
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 4 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Chase, LKD70 , run SPOT run , Voakie
The Alerts system is annoying sometimes. Especially when you get a PM. You will open it per pop-up banner but the alert won't dissappear. But now, lets get to work...

~"climb tree" attempt #1~
[Image: Voakie.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Voakie 's post:
  • Chase
(04-29-2016, 04:19 PM)Voakie Wrote: ~"climb tree" attempt #1~

OK, you win, I give!!!!

~Squirrel appears out of breath and finally has "Alerts(0) again~
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Chase, Voakie
(04-29-2016, 04:27 PM)Squirrel Wrote: [quote='Voakie' pid='13176' dateline='1461946754']
The Alerts system is annoying sometimes. Especially when you get a PM. You will open it per pop-up banner but the alert won't dissappear. But now, lets get to work...

I should look on the bright side.... It's a good thing you didn't choose "Beaver".........

~Squirrel anxiously counts the # of trees in this grove & thinks, "^%@#$, why couldn't you have done this near a forest?!"~

(04-29-2016, 04:19 PM)Voakie
[/quote' Wrote:
OK, you win, I give!!!!

~Squirrel appears out of breath and finally has "Alerts(0) again~

+2 Alerts
Funny thread. Just going to leave this here http://getsharex.com
-LKD70
[-] The following 1 user Likes LKD70 's post:
  • Squirrel
I hate it sometimes, it's true. And it's getting annoying as @Voakie already said, but c'mon, quoting yourself sounds stupid & cool at the same time! Cool
            "Experience has taught me that wishful thinking 
                                 only leads to disappointment."

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikasa's post:
  • LKD70
(05-04-2016, 02:07 PM)Mikasa Wrote: I hate it sometimes, it's true. And it's getting annoying as @Voakie already said, but c'mon, quoting yourself sounds stupid & cool at the same time! Cool

Quoting oneself, at least according to me, starts down a slippery slope that many consider proof of insanity -- arguing with yourself.

I claim that all may not be lost, so long as you don't lose to yourself, but this is akin to splitting hairs for some, I suspect, and being a Canuck there's already a certain anticipation that I'm crazy, and I don't want to give it any more weight.

(05-04-2016, 01:44 PM)LKD70 Wrote: Funny thread. Just going to leave this here http://getsharex.com

Thanks for the tip! For me, I was almost too lazy to go to the URL. But I did, and see that it's supposed to make grabbing an image, and getting a link from "out there" where it's saved very simple.

Of course, I go all military-like anytime someone suggests I install something new on my machine, which from the top web page, it sounds like I'd need to do, even though (almost ironically, considering they're trying to make this easier) there's no "Download" button. :| Either that, or I need to look into it more, and don't understand either the source of the source, or the destination for the image. :|

But thanks! I think I can remember this, and check it out later.
Fight the Good Fight
Source is here bud: https://github.com/ShareX/ShareX
with some configuration I can now take print screens of regions or record gifs of regions and upload and save to me disk in just a click, so cool/useful... Also supports ftp upload and a lot of other services.

As for quoting oneself, we do it all the time, just rather informally. When someone says "like I said" or "I repeat", is this not quoting oneself? Just a thought Smile
-LKD70
(04-29-2016, 04:15 PM)Squirrel Wrote: What is wrong with this picture?!

(Oh. I briefly considered putting thius under "General Discussions" because it's not very nerd-worthy. But it clearly says that "General" pertains to "Agar.io" only, and not our own forums, soooo....)

Aww, hell. I was going to present a screenshot that shows my Alerts.... "Squirrel just quoteD Squirrel", complete with my cute visage..... and I realized I'd have to go make a picture "out there" somewhere, then link to it, and I'm too lazy.

Voakie5 of deez nuts and 1 stick (kill me for that joke please)Voakie5 of deez nuts and 1 stick (kill me for that joke please)
  • ...and then edit the post and take them out (which is how this foo' managed to do the aforementioned screenshot...

I wonder what he's going to do to..... Oh ^%$#@, here he comes! Why couldn't he be named "tortoise" ionstead?!?!?
~Squirrel tears up the nearby tree, and out on the highest, thinnest branch, hurtles himself through the air, aiming for another small branch on a different tree~

@Voakie @Voakie @Voakie @Voakie

U get alot of alerts?
(05-04-2016, 03:39 PM)Slothy Wrote:
(04-29-2016, 04:15 PM)Squirrel Wrote: What is wrong with this picture?!

Voakie5 of deez nuts and 1 stick (kill me for that joke please)Voakie5 of deez nuts and 1 stick (kill me for that joke please)
  • ...and then edit the post and take them out (which is how this foo' managed to do the aforementioned screenshot...

U get alot of alerts?

Nope, only 1

Allthough i mentioned myself now xD
[Image: PfI8PGb.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Voakie 's post:
  • LKD70 , Squirrel
LOL it was weird but anyway it happened to me as well but i did not care about it much..
[Image: Robin.png]
(05-04-2016, 03:12 PM)LKD70 Wrote: Source is here bud: https://github.com/ShareX/ShareX
with some configuration I can now take print screens of regions or record gifs of regions and upload and save to me disk in just a click, so cool/useful... Also supports ftp upload and a lot of other services.

As for quoting oneself, we do it all the time, just rather informally. When someone says "like I said" or "I repeat", is this not quoting oneself? Just a thought Smile

"Like I said"........ HMMM.

You know, I guess you're right. I use that with clients all the time, I find, where they think they know more than me, I prove them wrong, but they didn't understand the steps/commands I had them do to take them somewhere, then they finally make a basic conclusion, and "Like I said" comes out. UGH!

Now I'm going to have workmares!
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • LKD70
(rofl) Ah sorry bud, takes me back to the office days Confused
-LKD70
(05-07-2016, 12:34 AM)LKD70 Wrote: (rofl) Ah sorry bud, takes me back to the office days Confused

Office days? ~Squints~ What sort of days do you have now?! Did you start your own gig, and one day you'll have an office, but just decide never to go into it? Big Grin
Fight the Good Fight
home office Wink
-LKD70