Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Leaving | StaffList
Some members wish to leave the forum after two members have been selected for staff. This is an upsetting event, however it is your choice. If you wish to leave, so be it. We will advance with the members we have, and the new members to come, and with our upcoming features we look forward to great moments.
Everything evolves, and so, we do as well.

To clarify, being a moderator is not a reward. It is not for you to feel priviliged, or be 'higher' above normal members. It is a job. And it is a tough job. Anyone who has ever moderated knows it requires a lot. The moderators that have been selected, were selected for a choice. Everyone reading this, has a chance to be a moderator IF you exceed in skills, and it is up to you to show you are valuable, should you wish to become a HELPER of the forums. A moderator.
-Saruman," I said, standing away from him, "You shall not pass". Saruman said, "I've got powerups". That's the day I learnt, it was best to play on another server. Much rather guard the secret room. It's very nice, grows the old toby. I like the old toby. Sometimes it even unleashes some magical mushrooms that make my world twice as fast. They call it the 2x speed shroom.
[-] The following 8 users Like Gandalf's post:
  • Doigt, DolphinsFTW , Exursa , Mikasa, Slothy, Spayco, Squirrel , Voakie
You speak the truth
(04-23-2016, 02:21 AM)Slothy Wrote: You speak the truth

And you are one wise member. Thanks for always standing for the better.
-Saruman," I said, standing away from him, "You shall not pass". Saruman said, "I've got powerups". That's the day I learnt, it was best to play on another server. Much rather guard the secret room. It's very nice, grows the old toby. I like the old toby. Sometimes it even unleashes some magical mushrooms that make my world twice as fast. They call it the 2x speed shroom.
We at Gota know what this is like, we've gone through tough times that were very similar in nature. I just wonder why everyone dislikes the fact that Mikasa was selected to become a moderator.
[Image: uRB3Sti.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Lardass's post:
  • Exursa , LOLZ1337
(04-23-2016, 02:25 AM)Gandalf Wrote:
(04-23-2016, 02:21 AM)Slothy Wrote: You speak the truth

And you are one wise member. Thanks for always standing for the better.

Thank you that means alot coming from you. You are the wisest of members though no argument. And I will always stand for whats right.
If people don't get promoted to mods, they seem to cry. But the thing they don't understand is, it's not a reward like Gandalf says, and it does not mean you are less valued as a meber ujst because you signed an application form for staff, but didn't get staff
I myself signed, but i'm not gonna go cry or hate or jealousy because i didn't get a staff position
I'm gonna be happy about the other staff that got promoted, and be proud, and eager and supportive, and understand that I can be better than what I am and there is always a reason why some get promoted and some not. And yes, it is definately tough,

THE POINT IS, if you get mod or don't get mod, it doesn't mean you are more or less valued.. It just means your application has met the criteria to do a specific job, which happens to be a tough and important job.
[Image: PrivateRyanOnlineXD.gif]
Agar.io real life
[-] The following 3 users Like Honest's post:
  • Exursa , Mikasa, Voakie
(04-23-2016, 03:07 AM)Honest Wrote: If people don't get promoted to mods, they seem to cry. But the thing they don't understand is, it's not a reward like Gandalf says, and it does not mean you are less valued as a meber ujst because you signed an application form for staff, but didn't get staff
I myself signed, but i'm not gonna go cry or hate or jealousy because i didn't get a staff position
I'm gonna be happy about the other staff that got promoted, and be proud, and eager and supportive, and understand that I can be better than what I am and there is always a reason why some get promoted and some not. And yes, it is definately tough,

THE POINT IS, if you get mod or don't get mod, it doesn't mean you are more or less valued.. It just means your application has met the criteria to do a specific job, which happens to be a tough and important job.

I don't see why people think being a moderator means you're "better" than everyone else, it doesn't. You are there to keep order, not be a jerk because you have more stars next to your name and a fancy title.
[-] The following 3 users Like Lardass's post:
  • Exursa , Squirrel , Voakie
Thank you gandalf for more wise words
[-] The following 1 user Likes DolphinsFTW 's post:
  • Exursa
Also, Gandalf, I have moderated before. It is rather tough as you have said.
(04-23-2016, 03:33 AM)Lardass Wrote: I don't see why people think being a moderator means you're "better" than everyone else, it doesn't. You are there to keep order, not be a jerk because you have more stars next to your name and a fancy title.

Each person who comes here, really, has the same 'value'. Everyone has their own viewpoint, and what makes a forum really good, is a wide variance of people, along with their personalities.

I've had the opportunity to watch a number of people be 'moderators', after a fashion.

It is a job. And a maddening one! Because people of all sorts will start arguments, and show their... not-so-valuable side at the drop of a hat, or implied thought.

And the actions of a moderator can tick off a wide range of people, as well. So one wrong choice (in picking a mod), ends up with a variety of detriments:
  • People see that a post of theirs has been removed -- they feel they said nothing wrong, get angry and leave
  • If a moderator is too heavy-handed, they will be accused of being 'power hungry' -- completely ridiculous over a simple forum, where the goal is to meet people, and have fun
  • Few are good at diffusing situations, but a forum requires that someone is doing it. Mistakes in choosing should be expected, given that these are 'volunteer' work jobs, and made based on a limited experience beforehand of any potential moderator

In closing, here is what I'd suggest that everyone needs to consider:
If you believe that a moderator is a poor choice, don't leave... WAIT! Their actions will soon prove or disprove your opinion. And you very well may be surprised by who ends up as apparently good at it. (Or, on the other hand, surprised at who ended up being a poor choice.)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 3 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • Exursa , Mikasa, Voakie
(04-23-2016, 01:44 AM)Gandalf Wrote: Some members wish to leave the forum after two members have been selected for staff. This is an upsetting event, however it is your choice. If you wish to leave, so be it. We will advance with the members we have, and the new members to come, and with our upcoming features we look forward to great moments.
Everything evolves, and so, we do as well.

To clarify, being a moderator is not a reward. It is not for you to feel priviliged, or be 'higher' above normal members. It is a job. And it is a tough job. Anyone who has ever moderated knows it requires a lot. The moderators that have been selected, were selected for a choice. Everyone reading this, has a chance to be a moderator IF you exceed in skills, and it is up to you to show you are valuable, should you wish to become a HELPER of the forums. A moderator.

Gandalf you will always be a true Wizard!