Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dear All Newcomers!
Hello There,

If you have recently joined this community I will tell you all about it. My name is Bane Wolfgang and I am a Senior Member here at the forums. I've been a member for about a month now and have grown a good reputation. Here at the forums we don't expect nothing from you. Just to be yourself and have plenty of fun! Also, in this post I'll answer a few FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions).

Now, we get lots of people who join but not stay. Here's why you should stay.
  • The count to 100 posts
  • Name Color
  • Making friends
  • Being a part of something amazing
Many newcomers ask 

1. How do I make my own posts?

Posts made by you can be created by clicking on a category related to your post. Then in the top right hand corner you will see a button saying 'Create Thread'. Just click that, enter your title & your content.

2. How do you get stars?

Stars depend on your post count. At 100 posts you get your 5th star so that's something to be proud of. Wink

3. How do I get a colored name?

Colored names depend not just on your posts but also your reputation. I don't just mean reputation on your profile, but if you impress the community and/or staff with your uniqueness, friendliness, or just being plain epic. 

4. My PM is full but I deleted my PM's. How to I empty this?

You can delete your PM's but if you are full and have no idea why then try deleting your deleted items and possibly try deleting your sent items.

Here's something extra that @Sinister told me about. 

If you want to have a animated profile picture then you can find a 145x145 .gif image and set it as your profile picture. 

Again, I welcome you with open arms to the community. If you ever need help feel free to PM me. 

Also, one last thing. If you ever have any concerns, ideas or compliments about a user. Feel free to let a staff member know. They are named below

@Sora (Administrator)
@Gandalf (Moderator)
@LKD70 (Moderator)
@Spectrumss (Staff Helper)

Thanks for reading guys. Stay safe, have fun and happy posting! Wink
[-] The following 5 users Like Bane Wolfgang's post:
  • Gandalf, Hive_Soviet, Squirrel , Voakie , ✨101✨
Nice!!!!!
FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!
[Image: 20120812153730!Flag_of_Russia.svg]
ping.....
(04-21-2016, 02:14 AM)Bane Wolfgang Wrote: Hello There,

If you have recently joined this community I will tell you all about it. My name is Bane Wolfgang and I am a Senior Member here at the forums. I've been a member for about a month now and have grown a good reputation. Here at the forums we don't expect nothing from you. Just to be yourself and have plenty of fun! Also, in this post I'll answer a few FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions).

Now, we get lots of people who join but not stay. Here's why you should stay.
  • The count to 100 posts
  • Name Color
  • Making friends
  • Being a part of something amazing
Many newcomers ask 

1. How do I make my own posts?

Posts made by you can be created by clicking on a category related to your post. Then in the top right hand corner you will see a button saying 'Create Thread'. Just click that, enter your title & your content.

2. How do you get stars?

Stars depend on your post count. At 100 posts you get your 5th star so that's something to be proud of. Wink

3. How do I get a colored name?

Colored names depend not just on your posts but also your reputation. I don't just mean reputation on your profile, but if you impress the community and/or staff with your uniqueness, friendliness, or just being plain epic. 

4. My PM is full but I deleted my PM's. How to I empty this?

You can delete your PM's but if you are full and have no idea why then try deleting your deleted items and possibly try deleting your sent items.

Here's something extra that @Sinister told me about. 

If you want to have a animated profile picture then you can find a 145x145 .gif image and set it as your profile picture. 

Again, I welcome you with open arms to the community. If you ever need help feel free to PM me. 

Also, one last thing. If you ever have any concerns, ideas or compliments about a user. Feel free to let a staff member know. They are named below

@Sora (Administrator)
@Gandalf (Moderator)
@LKD70 (Moderator)
@Spectrumss (Staff Helper)

Thanks for reading guys. Stay safe, have fun and happy posting! Wink
Nice post keep up the good work!!

@Sinister also told me about the animated profile pic  Cool

[Image: t1Kw0hu.jpg]
[Image: A4IOGZS.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ✨101✨ 's post:
  • Bane Wolfgang
Great thread, should be pinned in my opinion!

Keep up the great work.
            "Experience has taught me that wishful thinking 
                                 only leads to disappointment."

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikasa's post:
  • Bane Wolfgang
(04-21-2016, 05:41 AM)Bane Wolfgang Wrote: ping.....

100% packet loss :|

I was going to tease you about "we don't expect nothing" bit (it's 'anything'), but then I thought, "Noooo, they DO expect something!"

Every one of these places has some basic ''etiquette' to follow, so that we don't scare off others.

I'm not sure where that is, here, but the rules are common-sense, really

Basically, add some fun to the place... and if you don't do that, then at least try not to tick anyone off.

(This is why I try my brand of humour everywhere. It only works sometimes, but I need the cap-space, because I tend to be opinionated, and usually there's those who don't agree.)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
[-] The following 2 users Like Squirrel 's post:
  • run SPOT run , Voakie
Note to self: Revise post. Include more.
(04-21-2016, 02:23 PM)Bane Wolfgang Wrote: Note to self: Revise post. Include more.

~Squirrel appears momentarily confused, and then a light bulb appears over it's head~

~Squirrel painstakingly scribbles with paws~

"New note to self. This is not your 'To-Do' list, or a post-it note! You'll never read it again, unless someone quote's it!"

WHOOPS! Maybe I helped you after all.

But if you're grinding your teeth right now... Sorry, time to do my scurry-@-breakneck-speed-around-a-treetrunk thing and get away from you!

Oh. Or I could try deflection... "Include more what?! Inquiring rodents wish to know!"
Fight the Good Fight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Squirrel 's post:
  • Voakie
(04-21-2016, 02:46 PM)Squirrel Wrote:
(04-21-2016, 02:23 PM)Bane Wolfgang Wrote: Note to self: Revise post. Include more.

~Squirrel appears momentarily confused, and then a light bulb appears over it's head~

~Squirrel painstakingly scribbles with paws~

"New note to self. This is not your 'To-Do' list, or a post-it note! You'll never read it again, unless someone quote's it!"

WHOOPS! Maybe I helped you after all.

But if you're grinding your teeth right now... Sorry, time to do my scurry-@-breakneck-speed-around-a-treetrunk thing and get away from you!

Oh. Or I could try deflection... "Include more what?! Inquiring rodents wish to know!"

You suddenly made my day Big Grin

Ahh, what would we (the whole forums) do without you....
[Image: Voakie.png]

If you have recently joined this community ~~rodentially removed clipping~~ Also, in this post I'll answer a few FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions).

I'm newer than you. (Although I find it weird that just a month makes you feel like you're an old-timer here?) And here's a FAQ-like question I have:

How does one easily read updated threads that one is interested in?

A lifetime ago, I made a piece of communications software that included a bulletin board, and it had a special function for being able to easily indicate which board sections were of interest to you, and which message threads had new material. It even had something called 'Quickscan' that essentially would take you through all the 'interested' new material, one at a time.

Every time I'm here, it feels like a battle to find the new stuff. Sure, I found the "Forums" item at the top of every page, and it's "New posts"/"Today's posts", but that only works if you're here on a daily basis. I also mostly clue in to the 'Alerts', but often you won't get one, because someone has added something new that was not a reply to your contribution.

This rodent is not gifted in eyesight -- am I missing something?

Hmm, "Thread subscription"? But what does just 'subscribing' do? The e-mail option -- is that e-mail HERE, or Internet mail?
To my knowledge, no-one has sent me a PM yet -- do those just appear as short e-mails to you?

And another question: If you have new mail, does the e-mail icon that is in the header of every page look different to try to catch your attention?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Fight the Good Fight
(04-21-2016, 03:09 PM)Squirrel Wrote:

If you have recently joined this community ~~rodentially removed clipping~~ Also, in this post I'll answer a few FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions).

I'm newer than you. (Although I find it weird that just a month makes you feel like you're an old-timer here?) And here's a FAQ-like question I have:

How does one easily read updated threads that one is interested in?

A lifetime ago, I made a piece of communications software that included a bulletin board, and it had a special function for being able to easily indicate which board sections were of interest to you, and which message threads had new material. It even had something called 'Quickscan' that essentially would take you through all the 'interested' new material, one at a time.

Every time I'm here, it feels like a battle to find the new stuff. Sure, I found the "Forums" item at the top of every page, and it's "New posts"/"Today's posts", but that only works if you're here on a daily basis. I also mostly clue in to the 'Alerts', but often you won't get one, because someone has added something new that was not a reply to your contribution.

This rodent is not gifted in eyesight -- am I missing something?

Hmm, "Thread subscription"? But what does just 'subscribing' do? The e-mail option -- is that e-mail HERE, or Internet mail?
To my knowledge, no-one has sent me a PM yet -- do those just appear as short e-mails to you?

And another question: If you have new mail, does the e-mail icon that is in the header of every page look different to try to catch your attention?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

The E-Mails wil be sent to the E-Mail you registered with, so you could easily get up to date per phone as well. And no, the "mail" logo at the top won't change. You will get a big notification bar and an alert!
[Image: Voakie.png]
Meh @Squirrel
(04-21-2016, 03:22 PM)Voakie Wrote: The E-Mails will be sent to the E-Mail you registered with, so you could easily get up to date per phone as well. And no, the "mail" logo at the top won't change. You will get a big notification bar and an alert!

I grew up used to having nothing, and now I am a pretty-decent miser. (Shocker!) Your 'per phone' probably refers to cellphone -- which I hate. Although, it has replaced the wrist watch I'd always had, as well as my alarm clock. :| The thing I miss the most from those who stay current, and buy a steady stream of phones, is that 'Flashlight' app. I don't and won't have a data plan. My cell saves me money, rather than costing me money. Big Grin

And internet mail? I get too much of it at work. When not working, I rarely ever check my mail. That's why I chose the 'thread subscribe' option. It appears to have added alerts... which is useful. But now I see most of those just dissipated like a fog patch. ~grumbles~
Fight the Good Fight
  • run SPOT run
I use the flashlight app daily haha...
[Image: giphy.gif]
(04-28-2016, 05:13 AM)run SPOT run Wrote: I use the flashlight app daily haha...

I would too, if I had a data plan and could download it. :| I work in a data centre, and the way some people rack short blades between the long blades makes me ready to just go where I'd really like to be, instead... In the park... eating nuts. Big Grin

Hmm, this gives me an idea for a new invention... call it 'RackBuddy' -- a small robot that can traverse a rack, plug in and unplug cables as needed, and can fit in 1.75" gaps easily. All the while broadcasting a video, so the remote owner can control it.

But it's cool. Each of us have a nice LED flashlight instead. Now if only I'd remember to pocket it before I left my desk.....

Times are still-a-changin', and change is good!
Fight the Good Fight
  • run SPOT run