Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Moderator Training.
Hey Guys,

So a few days ago myself and Sinister made a forum. I think Slothy liked the theme so he chose it too Smile. I think since i've had 2+ years of moderating forums I would share some tips. This forum is open to everyone to join. Every week, 2 people will be chosen to be moderators. In these two weeks you will learn how to use the moderator CP, learn how to defuse conflict, how to manage post options, how to bring your concerns to a user professionally and how to deal with other difficult situations you may encounter. I have decided to run this program to help the community in hopes that one day you may be considered for staff. This is a Mock forum and is not to be used as a replacement forum for AGF.

Once you have completed the course you will receive a digital certificate and your name on the roll of honors. I will forward the users who pass the course to Sora. I really feel that by doing this I can help you guys possibly reach your goals and have a feel of the immense work the amazing moderators do here at AGF.

Users will be picked at random. Due to the extensive work and time this will take, the course will run for 10 weeks. That's 2 people a week. So 20 people will be chosen. Maybe after this term of training it may resume for a second term.

I hope you guys are all excited and I can't wait to share my knowledge with you lucky guys.

The first 2 users will be selected in 2 days from this post being written so sign up and hope to be picked.

Also, if you feel like posting anything on that forum. Even spam, test post, anything then feel free. This will help the lucky applicants learn how to deal with such posts.

Thank you all for reading. I hope I can help the community in some way.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bane Wolfgang's post:
  • Doigt, DolphinsFTW , Mikasa, Sinister
That's a great idea for those without any experience at moderating.

Good job you all!
            "Experience has taught me that wishful thinking 
                                 only leads to disappointment."

joined Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes DolphinsFTW 's post:
  • Bane Wolfgang
That's great Dolphin! Hope you're the lucky few to be picked.
Joined i hope i get picked
(04-21-2016, 02:09 AM)xxHappyfrownxx Wrote: Joined i hope i get picked
Good Luck!
Good Luck to anyone who joined & will join in the future!
            "Experience has taught me that wishful thinking 
                                 only leads to disappointment."

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikasa's post:
  • Bane Wolfgang
ping...........