Register
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to avoid Popsplit
(04-28-2017, 05:05 AM)iAcid Wrote: Accidentally used tip 1 today. Some guy tried to popsplit me--or at least I think it was--and I pressed the space bar to... (i forgot why i pressed space. all i know was that i didn't mean to counter the popsplit)

Hopefully, next time, I'll do it on purpose  Lemon

Found this for you, @Squirrel :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp4WZiGs8bs

LOL... thanks for the link!

~proceeds to describe the popsplit in words~

Why couldn't someone jsut have said that this is a case of when you are atleast 50% bigger than a foe you are chasing gets so close to a virus, that splitting once into him purposely causes him to blow up due to the virus, and that the 2nd split of yours eats him entirely!

Except, of course, when you suspect the guy is about to try that, and you steer next to a virus, and at the moment you're close enough to be split by the chaser's 50% mass, you split first.

Hehehe. I plan on seeing how many people I can trick into chasing me, and see how often that ends up working.

Normally, of course, splitting in a case of close pursuit can be a surefire way to lose half of your mass. (lol)
Fight the Good Fight
(Listen with lyrics here!)
Make it worth the price we pay!
All your life you've been waiting for your chance,
Pray you'll fit into the Plan.
But you're the master of your own destiny,
So give and take the best that you can!
(04-22-2017, 03:19 AM)iAcid Wrote: @Squirrel I had to search up what 'popsplit' was; the moment I saw it I was like oh yeah I get eaten so many times like that! 

Tip 2 is just common sense x) ... but it would be cool to see a quick video or even a GIF of tip number one in action Rolleyes

why'd you bump this old thread...? why...?
(04-28-2017, 05:30 AM)Faded Wrote: why'd you bump this old thread...? why...?

Every time there is a new user, it's good for them to see some of what has come before, and if they have something new to add, then why not??

You make it sound like re-awakening a dormant thread is almost always a bad thing, and I totally disagree.

Maybe I am more likely to have that opinion, because I'd asked previously what a popsplit was, and had no answers forthcoming, in this case...

But thanks to the re-awakening, now I know what a popsplit is.

So I certainly found it useful.

If you didn't, then I say you are partly to blame, if you knew what a popsplit was and didn't bother to share! ~wink~
Fight the Good Fight
(04-28-2017, 05:30 AM)Faded Wrote:
(04-22-2017, 03:19 AM)iAcid Wrote: @Squirrel I had to search up what 'popsplit' was; the moment I saw it I was like oh yeah I get eaten so many times like that! 

Tip 2 is just common sense x) ... but it would be cool to see a quick video or even a GIF of tip number one in action Rolleyes

why'd you bump this old thread...? why...?

Honestly, I don't think bumping threads is a big deal... it's kinda overrated as being a bad thing but it isn't necessarily, especially if you are new to the community or you have been away for a long time...

When i came back after being inactive for a month or so, i saw that one of my old friends had left, so i bumped the thread that he said he was leaving in just to said goodbye, but a few users whom i will not name got particularly pissed off about it...
H I ,   I ' M   E D E N .
Aussie Boi. Music addict. Hopeless artistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eden's post:
  • Squirrel
(04-28-2017, 05:55 AM)Eden Wrote: Honestly, I don't think bumping threads is a big deal... it's kinda overrated as being a bad thing but it isn't necessarily, especially if you are new to the community or you have been away for a long time...

When i came back after being inactive for a month or so, i saw that one of my old friends had left, so i bumped the thread that he said he was leaving in just to said goodbye, but a few users whom i will not name got particularly pissed off about it...

A good example.... Who's to say that, just as they had to leave suddenly, they might not decide/be able to come back one day? Why shouldn't they then be aware that you missed them?

The people should be able to decide for themselves if they want to reread old content, then the new, from the name of the thread. 9 times in 10, it's pretty clear.

(But that's also a reason it's a good idea to carefully choose the title for any thread you create.)
Fight the Good Fight
I've heard one side of the issue of bumping threads, and now, I'd like to hear the other:

Is there a reason to NOT bump threads? @Faded
[Image: giphy.gif]
Would a tutorial help end the debates? Or am I in trouble for bumping.
Found this one. But there are a bunch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma4ZlXWxbjg
Thanks to Bumblebee.
[-] The following 2 users Like Schwifty's post:
  • iAcid, Squirrel
(04-28-2017, 08:31 PM)Schwifty Wrote: Would a tutorial help end the debates? Or am I in trouble for bumping.
Found this one. But there are a bunch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma4ZlXWxbjg
Thanks to Bumblebee.

Great (enough) video   Big Grin

As for the issue of bumping threads, I'm open to debate it any day. In fact, I'm actually contemplating starting a thread just to talk about it. But we'll see...
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes iAcid's post:
  • Squirrel